Epcot - Future World
|Epcot Main Page||Future World||World Showcase|
|Map of Epcot||Mission: Space|
|Captain EO||Spaceship Earth|
|Imagination!||Universe of Energy|
|The Seas with Nemo and Friends||Restaurants/Dining|
|Turtle Talk with Crush||Shows and Events|
Experimental Prototype Community
Walt Disney envisioned Epcot as a real working city. As he stated "it will be a community of tomorrow that will never be completed but will always be introducing and testing and demonstrating new materials and systems."
Walt Disney World's Epcot may not be what he initially proposed, but it has become a destination that he would be proud of. Featuring a World's Fair atmosphere, there are pavilions of countries representing nations from around the globe, as well as attractions featuring state of the art technology. With diverse entertainment, a tremendous selection of restaurants and beautiful gardens all centered around a glistening lagoon, it's a unique park where you're certain to find something for everyone to enjoy.
Epcot, the second theme park of Walt Disney World, opened on October 1, 1982. It covers 260 acres and is almost twice the size of the Magic Kingdom. The main entrance brings you into Future World. As it's name implies, this is where the latest technological offerings are located. Through a combination of hands-on activities and fantastic attractions, you'll find exhibits that focus on ocean life, the land and our environment, imagination, health, energy, communication, space exploration and transportation.
For a completely different experience, World Showcase features eleven countries encircling a lagoon. You'll be immersed in the culture of each country as you explore the shops and taste the cuisine. To add to the authenticity, the Cast Members are from the country represented and are happy to share their heritage with visitors.
FUN FOR KIDS AT EPCOT
There's a misconception about Epcot. Some think it's only for adults, but kids love it too. In Future World, there are fun filled hands on activities that will appeal to the junior set at Innoventions, Imagination and Mission Space. The junior set will have the best time at The Seas with Nemo and Friends.
A funny thing happens at Epcot. Kids think they're playing, while the grownups know that they're learning in the process.
There are two play fountains. One is near Test Track, the other is by the center walkway that connects the two sections of Epcot. The kids delight in "testing the water" not knowing if it's going to be a trickle or a deluge. It's a great way for them to cool off, but be sure that they're dressed appropriately or have a change of clothes as they can get saturated.
In World Showcase, there are "Kidcot" stations. The little ones are given a mask that they can decorate with a unique item from each station. These are free but you can also purchase a World Passport to bring to the various countries where they will be stamped. (An autograph book is fine to use as well.)
In each country, fairy tales come to life as the beloved characters from the different lands meet and greet visitors. You'll find Pinocchio in Italy, Aladdin in Morocco, Snow White in Germany and Belle and the Beast in France.
And finally, no Disney park is complete without an appearance by Mickey Mouse. Be sure to allow some time to visit the characters at the Character Connection in Future World.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
- Technical glitch causes Universal's Transformers ride to stall
- Report: Monorail evacuated after lightning strike
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
- Magic Kingdom guest got tips of fingers cut off on Pirates of the Caribbean
- Elizabeth Mitchell cast on Once Upon A Time
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom