Disney World Ride Lengths
First, these ride times don't include pre-shows which will add a few minutes. In the case of Soarin', Space Mountain, Splash Mountain or Star Tours, it doesn't factor in the 10 mile walks to actually get on the rides. That's an exaggeration, but it can be a hike. These are the times from when you're seated, buckled or harnessed in. In the case of the Circle-Vision movies, it's how long you're going to stand.
Picking the wrong ride at Walt Disney World can really mess up a schedule. You see an attraction, doesn't look like there's a wait so you think 'great, we can squeeze this in before we head to our dining reservation.' Well, if you picked 'Ellen's Energy Adventure' you just committed yourself to 45 minutes. (While some rides are easy to bail out of, this isn't one of them.)
The more eye-opening use of the list is seeing how long you wait for a ride that's over in an instant. Still, those minutes are magical and in most cases, well worth the wait.
- Astro Orbiter: 1 minute 30 seconds
- Barnstormer: 1 minute 3 seconds
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: 3 minutes 25 seconds
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin: 4 minutes 3 seconds
- Carousel of Progress: 20 minutes 45 seconds
- Cinderella's Golden Carrousel: 2 minutes
- Country Bear Jamboree: 12 minutes
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant: 1 minute 30 seconds
- Enchanted Tiki Room - Under New Management: 10 minutes
- Hall of Presidents: 22 minutes 48 seconds
- Haunted Mansion: 7 minutes 30 seconds
- "it's a small world": 10 minutes 30 seconds
- Jungle Cruise: 9 minutes 5 seconds
- Liberty Square Riverboat: 12 minutes 45 seconds
- Mad Tea Party: 1 minute 30 seconds
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin: 1 minute 30 seconds
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: 3 minutes 8 seconds
- Mickey's PhilharMagic: 12 minutes
- Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor: 11 minutes
- Peter Pan's Flight: 2 minutes 45 seconds
- Pirates of the Caribbean: 8 minutes 30 seconds
- Snow White's Scary Adventures: 2 minutes 25 seconds
- Space Mountain: 2 minutes 30 seconds
- Splash Mountain: 11 minutes
- Stitch's Great Escape: 15 minutes
- Swiss Family Treehouse: 13 minutes 5 seconds
- Tomorrowland Indy Speedway: 4 minutes 45 seconds
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority: 10 minutes 4 seconds
- Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid: 6 minutes 15 seconds
- Walt Disney Railroad: 20 minutes
- American Adventure: 28 minutes 30 seconds
- Circle of Life: 19 minutes 20 seconds
- Ellen's Energy Adventure: 45 minutes
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros: 8 minutes 7 seconds
- Honey I Shrunk the Audience: 18 minutes
- Impressions de France: 18 minutes
- Journey into Imagination with Figment: 7 minutes 30 seconds
- Living with the Land: 13 minutes 50 seconds
- Maelstrom: 9 minutes 57 seconds
- Mission: SPACE: 5 minutes 38 seconds
- O Canada!: 18 minutes
- Reflections of China: 12 minutes 30 seconds
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends: 4 minutes
- Soarin': 5 minutes
- Spaceship Earth: 13 minutes 26 seconds
- Spirit of Norway: 5 minutes
- Test Track: 4 minutes
- Turtle Talk with Crush: 15 minutes
- Backlot Tour: 35 minutes
- Beauty and the Beast Stage Show: 30 minutes
- Great Movie Ride: 18 minutes 44 seconds
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular: 30 minutes
- Lights, Motor, Action! Extreme Stunt Show: 35 minutes
- Magic of Disney Animation: 15 minutes
- Muppet Vision 3-D: 17 minutes
- Disney Junior - Live on Stage: 20 minutes
- Rock 'N' Roller Coaster: 1 minute 22 seconds
- Sounds Dangerous: 12 minutes
- Star Tours: 5 minutes
- Toy Story Midway Mania: 8 minutes
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: 5 minutes
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid: 14 minutes 30 seconds
- Walt Disney - One Man's Dream: 25 minutes
- Dinosaur: 3 minutes 10 seconds
- Expedition Everest: 2 minutes 51 seconds
- Festival of the Lion King: 30 minutes
- Finding Nemo - The Musical: 30 minutes
- Flights of Wonder: 25 minutes
- It's Tough to be a Bug: 8 minutes
- Kali River Rapids: 3 minutes 30 seconds
- Kilimanjaro Safari: 18 minutes 30 seconds
- Primeval Whirl: 1 minute 10 seconds
- TriceraTop Spin: 1 minute 30 seconds
- Summertime Pals Ink & Paint Cel release - This limited release will be available at the event, or pre-order by September 25 at 5:00pm EST.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island" show cancelled at SeaWorld
- PBS plans Walt Disney biopic
- Release date set for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean film
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Epcot FW