Disney World Ride Lengths
First, these ride times don't include pre-shows which will add a few minutes. In the case of Soarin', Space Mountain, Splash Mountain or Star Tours, it doesn't factor in the 10 mile walks to actually get on the rides. That's an exaggeration, but it can be a hike. These are the times from when you're seated, buckled or harnessed in. In the case of the Circle-Vision movies, it's how long you're going to stand.
Picking the wrong ride at Walt Disney World can really mess up a schedule. You see an attraction, doesn't look like there's a wait so you think 'great, we can squeeze this in before we head to our dining reservation.' Well, if you picked 'Ellen's Energy Adventure' you just committed yourself to 45 minutes. (While some rides are easy to bail out of, this isn't one of them.)
The more eye-opening use of the list is seeing how long you wait for a ride that's over in an instant. Still, those minutes are magical and in most cases, well worth the wait.
- Astro Orbiter: 1 minute 30 seconds
- Barnstormer: 1 minute 3 seconds
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: 3 minutes 25 seconds
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin: 4 minutes 3 seconds
- Carousel of Progress: 20 minutes 45 seconds
- Country Bear Jamboree: 12 minutes
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant: 1 minute 30 seconds
- Enchanted Tiki Room: 10 minutes
- Hall of Presidents: 22 minutes 48 seconds
- Haunted Mansion: 7 minutes 30 seconds
- "it's a small world": 10 minutes 30 seconds
- Jungle Cruise: 9 minutes 5 seconds
- Liberty Square Riverboat: 12 minutes 45 seconds
- Mad Tea Party: 1 minute 30 seconds
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin: 1 minute 30 seconds
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: 3 minutes 8 seconds
- Mickey's PhilharMagic: 12 minutes
- Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor: 11 minutes
- Peter Pan's Flight: 2 minutes 45 seconds
- Pirates of the Caribbean: 8 minutes 30 seconds
- Prince Charminng's Royal Carrousel: 2 minutes
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: 2 minutes 30 seconds
- Snow White's Scary Adventures: 2 minutes 25 seconds
- Space Mountain: 2 minutes 30 seconds
- Splash Mountain: 11 minutes
- Stitch's Great Escape: 15 minutes
- Swiss Family Treehouse: 13 minutes 5 seconds
- Tomorrowland Indy Speedway: 4 minutes 45 seconds
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover: 10 minutes 4 seconds
- Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid: 6 minutes 15 seconds
- Walt Disney Railroad: 20 minutes
- American Adventure: 28 minutes 30 seconds
- Circle of Life: 19 minutes 20 seconds
- Ellen's Energy Adventure: 45 minutes
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros: 8 minutes 7 seconds
- Impressions de France: 18 minutes
- Journey into Imagination with Figment: 7 minutes 30 seconds
- Living with the Land: 13 minutes 50 seconds
- Maelstrom: 9 minutes 57 seconds
- Mission: SPACE: 5 minutes 38 seconds
- O Canada!: 18 minutes
- Reflections of China: 12 minutes 30 seconds
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends: 4 minutes
- Soarin': 5 minutes
- Spaceship Earth: 13 minutes 26 seconds
- Spirit of Norway: 5 minutes
- Test Track: 4 minutes
- Turtle Talk with Crush: 15 minutes
- Backlot Tour: 35 minutes
- Beauty and the Beast Stage Show: 30 minutes
- Great Movie Ride: 18 minutes 44 seconds
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular: 30 minutes
- Lights, Motor, Action! Extreme Stunt Show: 35 minutes
- Magic of Disney Animation: 15 minutes
- Muppet Vision 3-D: 17 minutes
- Disney Junior - Live on Stage: 20 minutes
- Rock 'N' Roller Coaster: 1 minute 22 seconds
- Star Tours: 5 minutes
- Toy Story Midway Mania: 8 minutes
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: 5 minutes
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid: 14 minutes 30 seconds
- Walt Disney - One Man's Dream: 25 minutes
- Dinosaur: 3 minutes 10 seconds
- Expedition Everest: 2 minutes 51 seconds
- Festival of the Lion King: 30 minutes
- Finding Nemo - The Musical: 30 minutes
- Flights of Wonder: 25 minutes
- It's Tough to be a Bug: 8 minutes
- Kali River Rapids: 3 minutes 30 seconds
- Kilimanjaro Safari: 18 minutes 30 seconds
- Primeval Whirl: 1 minute 10 seconds
- TriceraTop Spin: 1 minute 30 seconds
- Blog - The Good and Bad of “Toy Story of TERROR!” on Blu-ray
- American Idol Experience is now closed at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This attraction closed August 30, 2014. No definitive plans have been announced for this space.
- VIDEO: Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed - Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed brings Vegas to Walt Disney World. Villains Unleashed took over Disney's Hollywood Studios on August 23, 2014 and part of the hard ticket event was Oogie Boogie's Freak Funhouse Show. Oogie Boogie hosts the show that features a sword-swallowing act, daredevil archery and a finale full of fire!
- Refurb closures planned for Walt Disney World water parks - Typhoon Lagoon will be closed 10/26/14-1/3/15 and Blizzard Beach will be closed 1/4/15-3/14/15.
- Top 5 Signature Dining Experiences at the Walt Disney World Resorts - 1,600 listeners and viewers of our DIS Unplugged web-cast voted on their favorite signature restaurants at the Walt Disney World resort hotels.
- Blog - The Top 5 Underutilized Spaces at Walt Disney World
- Starbucks will open at Hollywood Studios in February 2015 - The Trolley Car Cafe will be located along Hollywood Boulevard and be themed like a trolley car station. Disney baked goods and Starbucks La Boulange pastry items will be available. An exact location hasn't been announced.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- VIDEO: Star-Lord & Gamora from 'Guardians of the Galaxy' at Villains Unleashed - Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, and Gamora made their first appearance ever at the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Tape Vol. 1 Dance Party during the Villains Unleashed event at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Mikala Canoe Club Marina at Polynesian to be closed for refurb - The marina will be closed 9/15 - 9/19/2014. Sail boat/motorized boats and fishing excursions will not be available.
- Entrance 4 to Downtown Disney's parking lot now closed - Entrance 4 (between Cirque du Soleil and DisneyQuest) is now closed permanently. The only entrances are Entrance 2 (across from the Hess Station) and Entrance 5 (across from Typhoon Lagoon).
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Opening Ceremony - Villains Unleashed kicked off at Disney's Hollywood Studios with an opening ceremony hosted by Hades, Pain, Panic and Megara from Hercules. Once the stars of the night took the stage they introduced some of the 50 Disney Villains guests could meet at the special hard ticket event.
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Event Overview - Over 50 Disney villains took over Disney's Hollywood Studios for the Villains Unleashed Event.
- Times updated for events at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Party is a specially ticketed event at the Magic Kingdom that begins September 1.
- Villains' Sinister Soiree add-on available for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This special add-on will give guests preferred viewing for Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade (8:15pm) and the Happy HalloWishes fireworks show. Lady Tremaine will host a dessert soiree at Cinderella's Royal Table Restaurant for you and some of her friends.
- 5 Elements from the Disney Parks that You'll Find on a Disney Cruise Ship - You have been to the Disney Parks, and you love them. You keep going back for that pixie-dust rush. You can’t imagine a vacation apart from Disney Parks, yet somehow the “old and familiar” is getting a bit old and familiar. This is where the Disney Cruise Line enters. It’s a Disney vacation of a different variety. The dissimilarities are a bit obvious. You’re on a ship in the ocean, visiting foreign places. This is nothing like being landlocked in a park, surrounded by coasters and kiosks. So what can you expect from the Disney Parks to carry over to your cruise?
- Blog - "Villains Unleashed" needs leashing up - Disney's overcrowded hard ticket event leaves guests in long lines most of the night
- Mickey's PhilharMagic refurb extended - The end date has been moved from September 19 to the 28th. The attraction will go down September 8.
- Enchanted Tiki Room going down for refurb in late September - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from 9/27 - 10/3/2014.
- Two Epcot New Year's Eve dining events released - More New Year's Eve events are yet to be released.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Updated operating schedule for monorails - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Charging stations for electric vehicles added to Epcot parking lot - Disney has added four Level 2 ChargePoint charging stations to the Journey parking lot at Epcot. Electric vehicles will be charged $.35 per kw/h, with a minimum charge of $1.50.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/31/14 - Tickets are still available for all other dates.
- New Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street Party to debut at Magic Kingdom this fall - Stitch and Phineas & Ferb will join the party and Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy will ride on top of giant gift boxes. The soundtrack will feature remixed classic party songs and guests will vote for one of three current hits to be played.
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- MagicBands can now be purchased without ticket media - The bands are now available for purchase across property.
- Changes to boat schedules at Downtown Disney - Schedules have been changing recently due to construction.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Ultimate Day VIP Tour available at Epcot Food & Wine Festival - This daylong tour begins at the Festival Center's VIP Lounge and includes champagne, a beverage tasting, six-course tapas-style lunch, wine, private backstage tours, time on Epcot attractions, food and beverage pairings with Disney chefs, VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, and reserved seating for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular.
- Blog - New Golden Oak Outpost Menu is Waffle Fry Heaven
- Sunrise Safari at Animal Kingdom ending 12/28/14 - This tour is exclusive to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level guests.
- American Idol Experience to close August 30 - No plans have been announced for the space.
- Florida residents save $40 on Cirque du Soleil tickets - Through September and October, Florida residents will save $40 on adult Cirque du Soleil tickets purchased at the box office.
- VIDEO: The Refurbished Capt. Cook's at Polynesian Resort - After a long refurbishment, Capt. Cook's has reopened at the Polynesian Village Resort. Major changes include artwork in the seating area, a new menu, no more ordering off of touch screens and the tragic loss of the Dole Whip self-serve machine.
- American Film Institute at the end of Backlot Tour to close - As of August 17, the American Film Institute Showcase exhibit at the end of the ride will be closed. This exhibit features props and costumes from various films. The gift shop will also close.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blog - Polynesian Resort's Capt. Cook's quick service restaurant reopens after refurbishment
- Golden Oak Outpost now serving specialty waffle fries - This walk-up stand is located on the backside of Frontierland on the walkway to Adventureland.
- Tower of Terror On-ride videos available with Memory Maker - After riding The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a video of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. This video is only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Great Irish Hooley Festival to be held at Downtown Disney - "Hooley" is Irish slang for party or celebration. Celebrate with food, drink and dancing.
- Update coming to My Disney Experience - make dining reservations 20 minutes in advance - A new update will allow guests to make same day dining reservations only 20 minutes in advance.
- Performance times updated for Night of Joy - Disney’s Night of Joy is a hard-ticket event at the Magic Kingdom that features contemporary Christian performers.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Lobby - Lobby Waterfall - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Polynesian Resort.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Continues to Materialize
- Refurb scheduled this winter for the Haunted Mansion - The attraction will be closed from 12/1 - 12/19/14.
- It's Tough to be a Bug refurb extended until 9/27 - This attraction was originally scheduled to reopen August 11, but will instead stay closed through September 27.
- Yankee Trader shop refurb extended through December - The shop is becoming a Haunted Mansion gift shop.
- Polynesian Resort opens new Dole Whip location
- Popular EPCOT acts to depart this Fall
- Wet 'n Wild employee trapped in pool; now in critical condition
- Star Wars mobile game app released by Disney
- Disney contract approved by part-time employees
- Citation banning whale trainers from water will not be appealed by SeaWorld
- Disney cancels 2014 Festival of the Masters art show
- Radio Disney to shut down stations and lay off employees
- Disney proposes new contract for part-time employees
- SeaWorld announces new habitats for killer whales
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios