Magic Kingdom - Pirates of the Caribbean
|Enchanted Tiki Room||Swiss Family Treehouse|
|Jungle Cruise||Shows and Events|
|The Magic Carpets of Aladdin||Restaurants and Shopping|
|Pirates of the Caribbean|
Pirates of the Caribbean
Opened: December 15, 1973
Ride length: 8 minutes, 30 seconds
If you haven't heard about 'Pirates of the Caribbean', you've probably just arrived from another planet.
The imposing fortress at the end of Adventureland is home to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. The queue twists and turns in a darkened, cool underground cavern that leads to the boat ride. After a close encounter with Davy Jones, you'll float through a cave that heads to a quick, dark plunge.
Blackbeard has replaced Davy Jones at the beginning of the ride temporarily.
As your boat enters the main area, you'll find yourself in the midst of a battle with cannon shots whizzing by. Captain Barbossa himself shouts orders from the pirate ship.
This attraction is fun for all ages. While the original Audio-animatronics are a bit simplistic in comparison to the latest additions, the detail is amazing. There's realistic costuming, unique facial features and even hairy legs on the pirate swinging his leg from the bridge.
Fortunately, while the ride purists initially objected to the planned changes, the Pirates of the Caribbean movies have only made this attraction better. (Think of the movie version of The Country Bears and you see what a disaster it might have been.)
The Pirates of the Caribbean attraction is quick loading and each boat holds about 30 people.
Handicapped Accessibility: Guests in wheelchairs must be able to transfer to the ride vehicle.
Fun fact: There are two queue lines to choose from - Soldiers or Pirates.
- lothropk - "I have been coming to WDW since I was 2 (I am 26 now) and, without fail, I will always make time for Pirates. As a purist, I was upset with the update to add the characters from the movie into the ride, but I have to admit they did a near-perfect job in weaving Jack Sparrow into the already existing storyline. I cannot wait to come back and ride again!!"
- SamIAm21 - "I love Pirates of the Caribbean! It's a great story and you become immersed into the setting almost at once. The updates with Davy Jones and Capt. Jack bring another layer of the story to the attraction. It's a must-see for anyone visiting WDW."
More Pirates of the Caribbean Reviews
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
- Technical glitch causes Universal's Transformers ride to stall
- Report: Monorail evacuated after lightning strike
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
- Magic Kingdom guest got tips of fingers cut off on Pirates of the Caribbean
- Elizabeth Mitchell cast on Once Upon A Time
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom