Magic Kingdom - Adventureland
|Enchanted Tiki Room||Swiss Family Treehouse|
|Jungle Cruise||Shows and Events|
|The Magic Carpets of Aladdin||Restaurants and Shopping|
|Pirates of the Caribbean|
Adventureland is hard to describe. It's part jungle, part tropical island and there's a desert oasis thrown in as well.
From Main Street, you enter Adventureland by crossing a wooden planked bridge. One thing you notice about this section, the walkways where you first enter tend to be narrow and congested. It's easy to overlook the authentic landscaping as you're kept busy avoiding strollers and other guests. You'll probably walk right by the Swiss Family Treehouse. (That's not necessarily a bad thing.)
Fortunately, Adventureland has two of the Magic Kingdom's most popular attractions; the Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean. This makes up for that treehouse and the Enchanted Tiki Room. There's also The Magic Carpets of Aladdin which is basically Dumbo turned into a flying rug.
Adventureland does have some of the better shops. If you have a teen, this is where you'll find popular clothing brands. If you need a tropical shirt (and who doesn't?) you'll find what you're looking for at one of the open air shops. If you need a Johnny Depp fix, anything and everything that's Pirates of the Caribbean themed is sold here.
Rosetta the Fairy will be greeting guests with Tinker Bell in her Magical Nook beginning 2/4/14. Periwinkle will no longer be at the meet and greet.
Speaking of Jack Sparrow, there's a fun Pirate Tutorial that takes place throughout the day. Other characters often found in Adventureland are Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook, Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie, Rafiki, Timon, Tinker Bell and Goofy. (Check the day's schedule.) If watching pirates isn't enough for you, you can become a pirate yourself at The Pirates League. Make an appointment and you can experience a pirate makeover including makeup, a costume and even your own pirate name!
A Pirate's Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas is an interactive game in which guests will use pirate maps and "magic talismans" as they compete to become members of Captain Jack's pirate crew. There are five different missions to complete, such as searching for Treasures of the Seven Seas and fighting off pirate enemies. If they fail, they will be left to face the enemies alone without their crew.
In the Fire Station, guests can take part in an interactive game called Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. Pick up a map and a packet of spell
cards, then head out on a quest to become an apprentice of the wizard
Merlin as you battle the evil Hades as he tries to take over the Magic
Arguably one of the best features at Adventureland is the Aloha Isle. This is one of the only spots in all of WDW where you can purchase the very popular Dole Whip soft serve pineapple flavored ice cream (the other is at Captain Cook's in the Polynesian Resort). Be warned, this stuff is addictive. Other refreshing fruit-flavored treats are on the menu at the Sunshine Tree Terrace.
As you can see, Adventureland is sort of a mishmash of themes. You can climb a tree, fly over the desert, explore the jungle, sail on the high seas and visit a tropical island where birds talk and sing. No matter which adventure you choose, it's a fun area to visit.
Click Here for a No-Obligation Disney Vacation Quote
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Magic Kingdom