Disney's Hollywood Studios - Extreme Stunt Show
Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
Rumor: Will this show soon be replaced by Cars Land? Click here to read the speculation.
Opened: May 5, 2005
Attraction length: 35 minutes
This fast paced action adventure uses specially designed cars, jet skis and motorcycles in a high speed pursuit. Some vehicles are designed to drive in reverse, while one splits in half. You’ll know which car is the “hero” and which is the “villain” by color coding.
The 177,000 square-foot, 5000 seat stadium which is home to the “Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show” is one of the largest venues in WDW. Set in a Mediterranean village, a “spy thriller” is filmed live with explosions, jumps, spins and death defying stunts.
Filmmaking secrets are revealed as you learn how Hollywood creates the memorable chase scenes that leave you on the edge of your seat.
Segments of this energetic attraction are taped and shown on oversized screens, highlighting how the different camera angles enhance the special effects.
The cast of professional drivers, stunt managers, production crew, director and assistant director will invite a select few audience members to participate in the fun.
The “Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show” is based on the popular “Stunt Show Spectacular” enjoyed by visitors to Disneyland Paris.
This show normally takes place 3 times a day. Check the daily Times Guide for more information.
Handicapped Accessibility: Guests may remain in the wheelchairs/ECVs for this attraction.
- thetony45 - "this is an AWESOME show for anyone who loves car chases and action movies. the red hero car gets chased all over by the black chase cars. there are several jumps and even backwards driving as guests learn what all goes into filming chase scenes."
- Love2663 - "It is an interesting show, but has limited appeal in my family. Even my teenage children were not interested in seeing it again. If crowded, there may be a significant climb to the upper rows in the theater."
More Lights, Motors, Action Reviews
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Hollywood Studios