Disney's All Star Music Resort
Rooms | Dining | Recreation | Transportation | Resort Map
All Star Music Resort Family Suites
by Kevin Klose
DIS Content Editor
Click here for Photos
After years of getting requests and complaints Disney has decided it’s time to fight back against the competition by adding family suites at the value resort level.
I recently had the opportunity to see the family suites at the All Star Music Resort. I was impressed. It's easy to see why these accommodations are very popular with families with children and folks looking for a bit more room.
Disney has converted sets of two rooms at the All Star Music Resort and combined them into one suite. You enter the suite in the “living room” area. There is a sofa, TV armoire, easy chair and ottoman and a small dining table with 4 chairs. There is also a bathroom.
Both the chair and the ottoman open into a bed. The chair opens to a twin size bed and the ottoman opens to a “junior” sized bed….about the size of a cot. The bed and the chair are amazing designs. The kids will think they are cool and Disney's competitors are going to steal this idea. Watch for different versions of this to spring up everywhere.
There is a bedroom with a queen size bed, a TV armoire, night tables and a small chair. While the room has been redesigned, it is still a value resort bedroom, simple and practical. Outside the bedroom is a “kitchenette” area. There is a microwave, fridge coffeemaker and a small sink. There is good amount of storage space in this area. There is also a second bathroom.
By the way…..both bathrooms are the types that have the sink and vanity outside the actual restroom. Both bathrooms have curtains that pull shut. These are great for blocking the light and offering the person using this area some privacy.
Some facts given by our guide…
- The first group (100 – 125) are in the Jazz building at All Star Music
- These units accommodate 5 comfortably, six if there is a small child.
In my opinion, these rooms are great for families traveling with kids. They are also be useful to folks who enjoy having room to spread out. Having a separate bedroom for anyone wishing to have a quiet nap or go to bed earlier than the other travelers is a boon. Even four or five adults will be comfortable in this space.
I don’t want to mislead anyone…..these are not huge rooms. But they are what they set out to be…..value priced suites.
Click Here for a No-Obligation Disney Vacation Quote
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
- Universal Orlando follows Disney's lead and raises ticket prices
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW