Book a Fall 2025 or Spring 2026 Disney Cruise.

British Takeover Regulator Rules Disney Must Make An Offer For All of Sky

British Takeover Regulator Rules Disney Must Make An Offer For All of Sky image1 (66)

Today, Britain’s takeover regulator ruled that the Walt Disney Company must offer to buy the entirety of Sky if it successfully acquires Twenty-First Century Fox and its assets, which includes a 39% stake of the European TV company.



The takeover panel also ruled that Disney must match Fox’s 2016 offer (10.75 pounds per share) for the remaining shares of Sky. This offer was agreed upon between Fox and Sky 17 months ago but is still waiting for approval.

During that waiting time, Disney struck a deal to buy Fox and its assets, including its stake of Sky. This deal is also subject to regulatory clearance.



If Disney wants to inherit Fox’s 39% stake of Sky, the company has to make an offer for the remaining 61%.

Source: CNBC





























GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE


Our travel agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your Disney vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE