On Saturday, August 24, 2019, Tropical Storm Dorian formed in the Atlantic Ocean and the Disney Fantasy departed from Port Canaveral on a 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise. The Tropical Storm is forecasted to head through the Lesser Antilles and as a result, the decision was made to re-route the ship to the Western Caribbean.
Disney Cruise Line made its decision based on the forecast of the storm’s route and the prediction that it will become a hurricane later in the week so they can remain what they feel is a safe distance away.
Thanks to Disney Cruise Line Blog for sharing the revised itinerary for the August 24th sailing. The revision includes a stop in Grand Cayman on Tuesday and Cozumel on Thursday. The visit to Castaway Cay remains intact for Friday.
- Saturday August 24, 2019 – Port Canaveral – 3:45 pm
- Sunday August 25, 2019 – At Sea
- Monday August 26, 2019 – At Sea
- Tuesday August 27, 2019 – Grand Cayman – 8:00 am to 1:30 pm
- Wednesday August 28, 2019 – Cozumel – 9:30 am to 6:30 pm
- Thursday August 29, 2019 – At Sea
- Friday August 30, 2019 – Castaway Cay – 9:30 am to 4:45 pm
Saturday August 31, 2019 – Port Canaveral (Debarkation)
Source: IB Times