Motion Sickness is the one thing that can make a fantastic ride horrible within seconds. Getting sick while visiting Disney World is definitely not on anyone’s must-do list, but as someone that has experienced motion sickness at the parks, it can sneak up on you and ruin your day.
I wanted to list attractions you should avoid if you struggle with this type of sickness so you can plan your vacation accordingly. This way, you can avoid being sick in the parks.
- Mad Tea Party (I can’t even look at this ride)
- Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
- Magic Carpet of Aladdin
- Astro Orbiter
If tight turns trigger motion sickness, skip these attractions at MK.
- Big Thunder Mountain
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Mission: SPACE ( I rode the “easy” side and walked off very sick)
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
- Guardians of the Galaxy (surprisingly, I don’t get sick on this one, but many guests do)
- Star Tours (when I was a kid, it didn’t bother me, but now I can’t ride it at all)
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
If inverted coasters trigger your motion sickness, stay away from this attraction.
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
If rides with screens and student bursts of fast movement bother you, avoid these rides.
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Rise of the Resistance
- Toy Story Mania
- Flight of Passage (I love this ride but sometimes I walk out just not feeling the best)
- DINOSAUR ( this ride is one of those where if you shut your eyes, you’ll be fine)
If traveling backward on a ride triggers your motion sickness walk away from this attraction.
- Expedition Everest
From my experience, the two rides that really messed me up and completely ruined my appetite for the day were Mission: SPACE and Star Tours. Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure made me feel sick for only about 30 minutes, which wasn’t horrible. 3D attractions, and I don’t mesh well or any ride that has me in a confined, tight space. This is why roller coasters are my best friends because they never do me wrong.
Are there any rides you recommend guests with motion sickness stay away from? Let us know in the comments.