Disney California Adventure
This colorful land, set alongside a beautiful lagoon, is Disney's tribute to the carnivals, amusement parks and boardwalks of old. Here you'll find thrill rides galore and plenty of old-fashioned fun. At night the whole area lights up and the sights and sounds are simply wonderful!
- Toy Story Midway Mania
- California Screamin'
- Games of the Boardwalk
- Golden Zephyr
- Jumpin' Jellyfish
- King Triton's Carousel
- Mickey's Fun Wheel
- Goofy's Sky School
- Silly Symphony Swings
- The Little Mermaid - Ariel's Undersea Adventure
- Character Greetings
- Paradise Pier Photos
- Paradise Pier Dining and Refreshments
Toy Story Midway Mania
"Toy Story Midway Mania" is a fantastic, fun ride that is not to be missed.
Grab a pair of 3-D glasses and you're on your way, taking aim at the targets at the game booths you encounter along the way. Cheering you on will be Woody, Buzz, Rex, Hamm and the Green Army Men. Find a hidden target and you'll rack up even more points as you compete for the highest score. The targets and weapons vary, from rings to darts to baseballs. This ride is all about the details and not a single one was overlooked.
A steel roller coaster, cleverly designed as a wooden thrill ride of old. At blast off you'll go from 0 to 55 miles per hour in 4.7 seconds. This fun-filled ride will take you through twists and turns, with a 108 foot drop and an upside down loop!
Restrictions: (Must be at least 48” tall, Guests should be in good health and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other physical limitations. Expectant mothers should not ride. Adult should accompany young children)
Games of the Boardwalk
A midway area filled with old-fashioned games of luck, chance and skill. There is a separate charge to play any of the midway games, usually $2.50 per game. Prizes are rewarded and small prizes may be traded up. Games include: Casey at the Bat, Dumbo Bucket Brigade, Bullseye Stallion Stampede and Goofy about Fishin'.
Rockets take you for a spin over Paradise Bay. The metallic spaceships were inspired by classic sci-fi stories such as Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon. During inclement weather this attraction may not be operating.
Head "under the sea" and float like a jellyfish on this kid-friendly parachute ride. You'll soar 40 feet in the air and float back down through the colorful kelp garden.
Restrictions: (40" height requirement. 350-pound maximum combined passenger weight per vehicle).
King Triton's Carousel
There are no horses to be found on this whimsical seaside attraction. Instead you'll ride upon hand carved dolphins, sea lions, flying fish, whales and sea horses on this beautifully styled carousel. Inspired by the Little Mermaid, it’s a remarkable interpretation of this classic ride.
Mickey's Fun Wheel
This amazing Ferris wheel offers spectacular views and thrills. There are two types of gondolas and two separate lines. The stationary gondolas do not rock, the swinging gondolas slide and rock back and forth along the spokes of the sun wheel. Guests that are prone to motion sickness or scared of heights, should avoid this attraction.
During inclement weather this attraction may not be operating.
Goofy's Sky School
FASTPASS Attraction - Inspired by the 1940 cartoon short, "Goofy's Glider", this reimagined coaster follows Goofy's attempts to teach a group of novice pilots how to fly. Learn to fly the Goofy way!
Restrictions: (Must be at least 42” tall, Guests should be in good health and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other physical limitations. Expectant mothers should not ride. Adult should accompany young children. ) During inclement weather this attraction may not be operating.
Silly Symphony Swings
Silly Symphony Swings is Inspired by the classic 1935 Mickey Mouse cartoon short, "The Band Concert". Guests board the swings for a leisurely ride serenaded by the Band playing “The William Tell Overture” (aka The Lone Ranger Theme) conducted by Maestro Mickey. Everything seems fine until a tornado hits the orchestra and Donald Duck takes over (which can only mean trouble).
Restrictions:Must be at least 40” tall. Guests 40-48 inches tall must ride a tandum swing with a responsible adult. Guest in wheelchairs must transfer to this ride.
Join Ariel and her friends on an amazing undersea adventure.
The ride is a classic “dark-ride” type attraction where guests sit in clam-shaped vehicles along an Omnimover track through the different scenes of The Little Mermaid film. There are a number of special effects with lighting and temperature making guests feel as though they have actually gone under water. In addition, state-of-the-art audio-animatronics bring some of the classic characters such as Ariel, Sebastian, and Ursula to life.
Boardwalk Bazaar - Hats, Visors, Swim and Surf wear, Beach towels
Point Mugu Tattoo - Temporary tattoos, t-shirts, beach merchandise
Sideshow Shirts - T-shirts, beachwear, Paradise Pier merchandise
Treasures in Paradise - Children's clothing, toys, souvenirs, Duffy the Bear
Embarcadero Gifts - Little Mermaid merchandise
Seaside Souvenirs - Hats, pins, World of Color merchandise
Meet your favorite Toy Story characters in Paradise Pier. Check times guide for details.
- Magical fireworks returns to Disneyland Park on 5/2 - Magical, Disneyland's fireworks show that features an appearance by Dumbo, returns for the summer beginning May 2nd.
- Happy 50th anniversary to it's a small world! - it's a small world opened at the New York World's Fair on April 22, 1964.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Knott's Berry Farm expands Camp Snoopy makeover - Knott's Berry Farm has expanded their makeover of Camp Snoopy to include a new Peanuts meet and greet, plus re-theming of Lucy's Tugboat and the Grand Sierra Scenic Railway.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Stovall's Inn
- Disneyland Resort celebrates Musica Latina - Downtown Disney will come alive with the music of the Mariachi Divas and several other popular Latin acts April 5th and 6th.
- Save up to 20% at Disneyland Resort Hotels this Spring - Save up to 20% most Sunday through Thursday nights this Spring at the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival to highlight Knott's Berry Bloom - Knott's Berry Bloom returns to Knott's Berry Farm beginning April 12th. New this year is the Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival and the nighttime dance party, Bloomination.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- VIDEO: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad POV at Disneyland with New Effects - After a 14-month long refurbishment, Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is open and better than ever before. The track has been replaced along with audio and lighting effects and some brand new special effects have been included in the first cave scene and the final lift.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Dates announced for 2015 D23 Expo in Anaheim - The D23 Expo returns to the Anaheim Convention Center August 14 - 16, 2015. Tickets go on sale 08/14/14.
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Disneyland restaurants honored by food critics
Eight restaurants at the Disneyland Resort received awards.
- Smell of paint makes 4 Disneyland employees feel sick
Anaheim Fire and Rescue responded to the incident.
- 5.1 earthquake felt at Disneyland
The rides were closed for a brief period of time.
- Disneyland hotels honored for environmental efforts
The environmentalist certification was given by the California Green Lodging program.
- Bob Iger says Disneyland's Finding Nemo Submarines will not be replaced
Iger says changes are coming to Disneyland, but the submarines will stay put.