Disney California Adventure
This colorful land, set alongside a beautiful lagoon, is Disney's tribute to the carnivals, amusement parks and boardwalks of old. Here you'll find thrill rides galore and plenty of old-fashioned fun. At night the whole area lights up and the sights and sounds are simply wonderful!
- Toy Story Midway Mania
- California Screamin'
- Games of the Boardwalk
- Golden Zephyr
- Jumpin' Jellyfish
- King Triton's Carousel
- Mickey's Fun Wheel
- Goofy's Sky School
- Silly Symphony Swings
- The Little Mermaid - Ariel's Undersea Adventure
- Character Greetings
- Paradise Pier Photos
- Paradise Pier Dining and Refreshments
Toy Story Midway Mania
"Toy Story Midway Mania" is a fantastic, fun ride that is not to be missed.
Grab a pair of 3-D glasses and you're on your way, taking aim at the targets at the game booths you encounter along the way. Cheering you on will be Woody, Buzz, Rex, Hamm and the Green Army Men. Find a hidden target and you'll rack up even more points as you compete for the highest score. The targets and weapons vary, from rings to darts to baseballs. This ride is all about the details and not a single one was overlooked.
A steel roller coaster, cleverly designed as a wooden thrill ride of old. At blast off you'll go from 0 to 55 miles per hour in 4.7 seconds. This fun-filled ride will take you through twists and turns, with a 108 foot drop and an upside down loop!
Restrictions: (Must be at least 48” tall, Guests should be in good health and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other physical limitations. Expectant mothers should not ride. Adult should accompany young children)
Games of the Boardwalk
A midway area filled with old-fashioned games of luck, chance and skill. There is a separate charge to play any of the midway games, usually $2.50 per game. Prizes are rewarded and small prizes may be traded up. Games include: Casey at the Bat, Dumbo Bucket Brigade, Bullseye Stallion Stampede and Goofy about Fishin'.
Rockets take you for a spin over Paradise Bay. The metallic spaceships were inspired by classic sci-fi stories such as Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon. During inclement weather this attraction may not be operating.
Head "under the sea" and float like a jellyfish on this kid-friendly parachute ride. You'll soar 40 feet in the air and float back down through the colorful kelp garden.
Restrictions: (40" height requirement. 350-pound maximum combined passenger weight per vehicle).
King Triton's Carousel
There are no horses to be found on this whimsical seaside attraction. Instead you'll ride upon hand carved dolphins, sea lions, flying fish, whales and sea horses on this beautifully styled carousel. Inspired by the Little Mermaid, it’s a remarkable interpretation of this classic ride.
Mickey's Fun Wheel
This amazing Ferris wheel offers spectacular views and thrills. There are two types of gondolas and two separate lines. The stationary gondolas do not rock, the swinging gondolas slide and rock back and forth along the spokes of the sun wheel. Guests that are prone to motion sickness or scared of heights, should avoid this attraction.
During inclement weather this attraction may not be operating.
Goofy's Sky School
FASTPASS Attraction - Inspired by the 1940 cartoon short, "Goofy's Glider", this reimagined coaster follows Goofy's attempts to teach a group of novice pilots how to fly. Learn to fly the Goofy way!
Restrictions: (Must be at least 42” tall, Guests should be in good health and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other physical limitations. Expectant mothers should not ride. Adult should accompany young children. ) During inclement weather this attraction may not be operating.
Silly Symphony Swings
Silly Symphony Swings is Inspired by the classic 1935 Mickey Mouse cartoon short, "The Band Concert". Guests board the swings for a leisurely ride serenaded by the Band playing “The William Tell Overture” (aka The Lone Ranger Theme) conducted by Maestro Mickey. Everything seems fine until a tornado hits the orchestra and Donald Duck takes over (which can only mean trouble).
Restrictions:Must be at least 40” tall. Guests 40-48 inches tall must ride a tandum swing with a responsible adult. Guest in wheelchairs must transfer to this ride.
Join Ariel and her friends on an amazing undersea adventure.
The ride is a classic “dark-ride” type attraction where guests sit in clam-shaped vehicles along an Omnimover track through the different scenes of The Little Mermaid film. There are a number of special effects with lighting and temperature making guests feel as though they have actually gone under water. In addition, state-of-the-art audio-animatronics bring some of the classic characters such as Ariel, Sebastian, and Ursula to life.
Boardwalk Bazaar - Hats, Visors, Swim and Surf wear, Beach towels
Point Mugu Tattoo - Temporary tattoos, t-shirts, beach merchandise
Sideshow Shirts - T-shirts, beachwear, Paradise Pier merchandise
Treasures in Paradise - Children's clothing, toys, souvenirs, Duffy the Bear
Embarcadero Gifts - Little Mermaid merchandise
Seaside Souvenirs - Hats, pins, World of Color merchandise
Meet your favorite Toy Story characters in Paradise Pier. Check times guide for details.
- Disneyland's Mickey's Halloween Party tickets now on sale to the general public. - This event runs September 12-October 31, 2014.
- Disneyland military ticket offer extended to 2015 - The Disneyland Resort has extended their special military offer through 10/03/15, however beginning 08/25/14, the 3-Day Park Hoppers will increase slightly to $132.
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - Disneyland Celebrates 59 and looks forward to 60
- Adventure Trading Company comes to Disneyland Park - Beginning August 1st, experience this new interactive storytelling adventure inside Adventureland in Disneyland Park.
- Passholder tickets now on sale for Mickey's Halloween Party - Tickets for Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park are now on sale to Annual Passholders, Disney Rewards Visa card holders and Disney Vacation Club members.
- Local Southern California Theatre presents Tarzan-The Musical - Musical Theatre Orange County's production of Tarzan-The Musical, featuring sets by Disney artist Dave Avanzino, opens this weekend at El Dorado High School in Placentia, California.
- WonderGround Gallery Artist in Residence for August - Liana Hee is the Artist in Residence for August and will be on hand at the WonderGround Gallery in Disneyland's Downtown Disney most weekend evenings meeting guests and signing her work.
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Eight new "Disney Family of Wines" come to California Adventure
The wineries represented all have a personal connection to the Disney name.
- Small fire at Disneyland quickly extinguished
The fire was in a backstage area.
- runDisney announces Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend
The event will take place January 15-18, 2015 at the Disneyland Resort.
- Disneyland Raises Ticket Prices Overnight
The Disneyland Resort raised prices on their tickets and annual passes overnight.