Disney California Adventure
This colorful land, set alongside a beautiful lagoon, is Disney's tribute to the carnivals, amusement parks and boardwalks of old. Here you'll find thrill rides galore and plenty of old-fashioned fun. At night the whole area lights up and the sights and sounds are simply wonderful!
- Toy Story Midway Mania
- California Screamin'
- Games of the Boardwalk
- Golden Zephyr
- Jumpin' Jellyfish
- King Triton's Carousel
- Mickey's Fun Wheel
- Goofy's Sky School
- Silly Symphony Swings
- The Little Mermaid - Ariel's Undersea Adventure
- Character Greetings
- Paradise Pier Photos
- Paradise Pier Dining and Refreshments
Toy Story Midway Mania
"Toy Story Midway Mania" is a fantastic, fun ride that is not to be missed.
Grab a pair of 3-D glasses and you're on your way, taking aim at the targets at the game booths you encounter along the way. Cheering you on will be Woody, Buzz, Rex, Hamm and the Green Army Men. Find a hidden target and you'll rack up even more points as you compete for the highest score. The targets and weapons vary, from rings to darts to baseballs. This ride is all about the details and not a single one was overlooked.
A steel roller coaster, cleverly designed as a wooden thrill ride of old. At blast off you'll go from 0 to 55 miles per hour in 4.7 seconds. This fun-filled ride will take you through twists and turns, with a 108 foot drop and an upside down loop!
Restrictions: (Must be at least 48” tall, Guests should be in good health and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other physical limitations. Expectant mothers should not ride. Adult should accompany young children)
Games of the Boardwalk
A midway area filled with old-fashioned games of luck, chance and skill. There is a separate charge to play any of the midway games, usually $2.50 per game. Prizes are rewarded and small prizes may be traded up. Games include: Casey at the Bat, Dumbo Bucket Brigade, Bullseye Stallion Stampede and Goofy about Fishin'.
Rockets take you for a spin over Paradise Bay. The metallic spaceships were inspired by classic sci-fi stories such as Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon. During inclement weather this attraction may not be operating.
Head "under the sea" and float like a jellyfish on this kid-friendly parachute ride. You'll soar 40 feet in the air and float back down through the colorful kelp garden.
Restrictions: (40" height requirement. 350-pound maximum combined passenger weight per vehicle).
King Triton's Carousel
There are no horses to be found on this whimsical seaside attraction. Instead you'll ride upon hand carved dolphins, sea lions, flying fish, whales and sea horses on this beautifully styled carousel. Inspired by the Little Mermaid, it’s a remarkable interpretation of this classic ride.
Mickey's Fun Wheel
This amazing Ferris wheel offers spectacular views and thrills. There are two types of gondolas and two separate lines. The stationary gondolas do not rock, the swinging gondolas slide and rock back and forth along the spokes of the sun wheel. Guests that are prone to motion sickness or scared of heights, should avoid this attraction.
During inclement weather this attraction may not be operating.
Goofy's Sky School
FASTPASS Attraction - Inspired by the 1940 cartoon short, "Goofy's Glider", this reimagined coaster follows Goofy's attempts to teach a group of novice pilots how to fly. Learn to fly the Goofy way!
Restrictions: (Must be at least 42” tall, Guests should be in good health and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other physical limitations. Expectant mothers should not ride. Adult should accompany young children. ) During inclement weather this attraction may not be operating.
Silly Symphony Swings
Silly Symphony Swings is Inspired by the classic 1935 Mickey Mouse cartoon short, "The Band Concert". Guests board the swings for a leisurely ride serenaded by the Band playing “The William Tell Overture” (aka The Lone Ranger Theme) conducted by Maestro Mickey. Everything seems fine until a tornado hits the orchestra and Donald Duck takes over (which can only mean trouble).
Restrictions:Must be at least 40” tall. Guests 40-48 inches tall must ride a tandum swing with a responsible adult. Guest in wheelchairs must transfer to this ride.
Join Ariel and her friends on an amazing undersea adventure.
The ride is a classic “dark-ride” type attraction where guests sit in clam-shaped vehicles along an Omnimover track through the different scenes of The Little Mermaid film. There are a number of special effects with lighting and temperature making guests feel as though they have actually gone under water. In addition, state-of-the-art audio-animatronics bring some of the classic characters such as Ariel, Sebastian, and Ursula to life.
Boardwalk Bazaar - Hats, Visors, Swim and Surf wear, Beach towels
Point Mugu Tattoo - Temporary tattoos, t-shirts, beach merchandise
Sideshow Shirts - T-shirts, beachwear, Paradise Pier merchandise
Treasures in Paradise - Children's clothing, toys, souvenirs, Duffy the Bear
Embarcadero Gifts - Little Mermaid merchandise
Seaside Souvenirs - Hats, pins, World of Color merchandise
Meet your favorite Toy Story characters in Paradise Pier. Check times guide for details.
- Planning a Disney Halloween Party in 10 Steps - A few ideas and 10 steps for planning a Disney Halloween party in your own neighborhood.
- Big Hero 6 meet coming to Disneyland Park - Beginning after the movie opens in November, meet Hiro and Baymax from Disney's newest animated feature, "Big Hero 6", inside the Starcade in Tomorrowland.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel – La Quinta Inn & Suites
- VIDEO: Halloween Treats At Disneyland Resort - Tom Bell, host of The DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition, talks with a Disney Chef about Halloween treats you can find this year at the Disneyland Resort.
- Top 5 tips to make your trip through the airport go smoother - You read those stories all the time about people complaining about their travel experiences. I would like to share some tips to help make your next trip to Walt Disney World a pleasant experience.
- VIDEO: Halloween and the Cadaver Dans at Disneyland Resort - Tom Bell, host of The DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition, talks about Disneyland Resort's celebration of Halloween. Plus the Cadaver Dans perform in front of the Haunted Mansion.
- Anna & Elsa's Boutique now open at the Disneyland Resort - Anna & Elsa's Boutique has replaced Studio Disney 365 in Downtown Disney at the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Book Review: Walt Disney: Drawn from Imagination
- Get 4th night free or save 30% at Aulani, plus get free breakfast - Stay 4 nights and get the 4th free, plus complimentary breakfast. Stay longer and get 30% off stays of 5 nights or longer, plus complimentary breakfast. Offer is valid for stays most nights 1/4/15 - 3/23/15.
- Mickey's Halloween Party is completely sold out! - Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park is now completely sold out for all remaining dates.
- Blog - Theme Parks Increase Intellectual Property Lineup
- Which Disneyland Resort character meal is right for you? - The Disneyland Resort offers several character meals, so how do you decide which one is best for you and your family?
- Thanksgiving options at the Disneyland Resort - The Disneyland Resort offers several options for Thanksgiving, including a feast in the Grand Ballroom of the Disneyland Hotel.
- Blog - Before and After - Alice in Wonderland at Disneyland
- Blog - How did you become a Disney fan?
- VIDEO: Alice in Wonderland Pre and Post-2014 Refurb Picture in Picture POV - The attraction was recently opened after a rehab. Watch both the old and the new attraction together with this Picture in Picture video.
- VIDEO: Alice in Wonderland POV at Disneyland - The ride has re-opened with brand new video effects, a lot of new paint, added characters throughout the attraction and the removal of safety rails from the exterior portion of the attraction.
- 2015 dates released for Disneyland's Grad Nite - Dates and pricing has been released for Grad Nite 2015 at the Disneyland Resort.
- Mickey's Halloween Party perks for Disneyland Passholders - Disneyland Annual Passholders who are attending Mickey's Halloween Party can stop by the Opera House for screenings of Halloween-themed Disney classics plus a tasty treat.
- Tips for using FastPass at Disneyland - With all the talk of Magic Bands and FastPass+ lately, I thought it might be good to remind folks that the Disneyland Resort is still using the "classic" paper FastPass system and maybe pass on a few tips.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Candy Cane Inn
- Save 20% on premium rooms at the Disneyland Resort - Most weeknights this Fall, save 20% on premium rooms at the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - What to Expect at Disney's D23 Destination D Event this November
- Menu updated at Flo's V8 Cafe - Flo's V8 Café at California Adventure has updated its menu, adding a couple of hot sandwiches and replacing the pork loin with BBQ pork ribs.
- Disneyland delays Elsa & Anna's Boutique transformation - The transformation of Downtown Disney's Studio Disney 365 to Elsa & Anna's Boutique has been delayed. The new opening date is 10/06/14.
- Blog - Disney Opposes "Inflammatory" Amended Complaint in DAS Lawsuit
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" on Blu-ray
- 4D preview of Big Hero 6 at Disneyland Park - Beginning September 26th, the Magic Eye Theater in Disneyland Park will host a 4D preview of the upcoming animated feature "Big Hero 6".
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 09/15/14
- Blog - HalloweenTime at Disneyland 2014
- Blog - Tom & West's 5 Favorite Thrills at Magic Mountain
- Top 5 ways to celebrate HalloweenTime at Disneyland - Disneyland Park goes all out for the Halloween season, from the front of the Park to the back. Starting in mid-September and continuing through the holiday itself, the Park and the characters, are decked in their Fall finest.
- Mickey's Halloween Party sold out for Halloween Night - Mickey's Halloween party at Disneyland is now sold out for three dates: 09/26, 10/03 and 10/31.
- Disneyland confirms return of Winter Dreams and Viva Navidad - The Disneyland Resort has announced the dates for the holiday celebrations and confirmed the return of World of Color-Winter Dreams and Viva Navidad.
- Mahaloween Luau coming to Trader Sam's - Celebrate Halloween a bit early at Trader Sam's with its Mahaloween Luau on 09/29/14. Tickets are $125 and go on sale 09/10/14.
- Mystic Magic Show added to Big Thunder Ranch Halloween Carnival - New on the stage this year at Disneyland's Halloween Carnival is the Mystic Magic Show, featuring jugglers, magicians and fortune tellers.
- FastPass testing at Disneyland's Frozen meet & greet - Disneyland is now testing a FastPass-like system for the Frozen meet & greet in Fantasyland.
- VIDEO: Cruising Around Hawaii - Explore the Hawaiian islands of Maui, Hawai'i, and Kauai while sailing onboard Norwegians Cruise Line's Pride of America.
- VIDEO: Driving Around Oahu - Explore the island of Oahu by driving around to different unique locations. Ted's Bakery, Haleiwa, Matsumoto's Shave Ice, and many others make Oahu a great place to find local treasures.
- Meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit at California Adventure - Beginning 09/14/14, guests can meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit on Buena Vista Street at California Adventure.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 09/01/14
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- Health Department closes Knott's Berry Farm restaurant
Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant closed briefly due to cockroach infestation.
- Guests stuck on Mickey's Fun Wheel for 90 minutes
Cast members evacuated the passengers by rotating the wheel manually.
- New drawbridge for Sleeping Beauty Castle
Sleeping Beauty Castle has received a new drawbridge and railings.
- Magic Mountain's Colossus Catches Fire
The Colossus roller coaster at Magic Mountain caught fire today. No injuries were reported.
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.