Disney California Adventure
This colorful land, set alongside a beautiful lagoon, is Disney's tribute to the carnivals, amusement parks and boardwalks of old. Here you'll find thrill rides galore and plenty of old-fashioned fun. At night the whole area lights up and the sights and sounds are simply wonderful!
- Toy Story Midway Mania
- California Screamin'
- Games of the Boardwalk
- Golden Zephyr
- Jumpin' Jellyfish
- King Triton's Carousel
- Mickey's Fun Wheel
- Goofy's Sky School
- Silly Symphony Swings
- The Little Mermaid - Ariel's Undersea Adventure
- Character Greetings
- Paradise Pier Photos
- Paradise Pier Dining and Refreshments
Toy Story Midway Mania
"Toy Story Midway Mania" is a fantastic, fun ride that is not to be missed.
Grab a pair of 3-D glasses and you're on your way, taking aim at the targets at the game booths you encounter along the way. Cheering you on will be Woody, Buzz, Rex, Hamm and the Green Army Men. Find a hidden target and you'll rack up even more points as you compete for the highest score. The targets and weapons vary, from rings to darts to baseballs. This ride is all about the details and not a single one was overlooked.
A steel roller coaster, cleverly designed as a wooden thrill ride of old. At blast off you'll go from 0 to 55 miles per hour in 4.7 seconds. This fun-filled ride will take you through twists and turns, with a 108 foot drop and an upside down loop!
Restrictions: (Must be at least 48” tall, Guests should be in good health and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other physical limitations. Expectant mothers should not ride. Adult should accompany young children)
Games of the Boardwalk
A midway area filled with old-fashioned games of luck, chance and skill. There is a separate charge to play any of the midway games, usually $2.50 per game. Prizes are rewarded and small prizes may be traded up. Games include: Casey at the Bat, Dumbo Bucket Brigade, Bullseye Stallion Stampede and Goofy about Fishin'.
Rockets take you for a spin over Paradise Bay. The metallic spaceships were inspired by classic sci-fi stories such as Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon. During inclement weather this attraction may not be operating.
Head "under the sea" and float like a jellyfish on this kid-friendly parachute ride. You'll soar 40 feet in the air and float back down through the colorful kelp garden.
Restrictions: (40" height requirement. 350-pound maximum combined passenger weight per vehicle).
King Triton's Carousel
There are no horses to be found on this whimsical seaside attraction. Instead you'll ride upon hand carved dolphins, sea lions, flying fish, whales and sea horses on this beautifully styled carousel. Inspired by the Little Mermaid, it’s a remarkable interpretation of this classic ride.
Mickey's Fun Wheel
This amazing Ferris wheel offers spectacular views and thrills. There are two types of gondolas and two separate lines. The stationary gondolas do not rock, the swinging gondolas slide and rock back and forth along the spokes of the sun wheel. Guests that are prone to motion sickness or scared of heights, should avoid this attraction.
During inclement weather this attraction may not be operating.
Goofy's Sky School
FASTPASS Attraction - Inspired by the 1940 cartoon short, "Goofy's Glider", this reimagined coaster follows Goofy's attempts to teach a group of novice pilots how to fly. Learn to fly the Goofy way!
Restrictions: (Must be at least 42” tall, Guests should be in good health and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other physical limitations. Expectant mothers should not ride. Adult should accompany young children. ) During inclement weather this attraction may not be operating.
Silly Symphony Swings
Silly Symphony Swings is Inspired by the classic 1935 Mickey Mouse cartoon short, "The Band Concert". Guests board the swings for a leisurely ride serenaded by the Band playing “The William Tell Overture” (aka The Lone Ranger Theme) conducted by Maestro Mickey. Everything seems fine until a tornado hits the orchestra and Donald Duck takes over (which can only mean trouble).
Restrictions:Must be at least 40” tall. Guests 40-48 inches tall must ride a tandum swing with a responsible adult. Guest in wheelchairs must transfer to this ride.
Join Ariel and her friends on an amazing undersea adventure.
The ride is a classic “dark-ride” type attraction where guests sit in clam-shaped vehicles along an Omnimover track through the different scenes of The Little Mermaid film. There are a number of special effects with lighting and temperature making guests feel as though they have actually gone under water. In addition, state-of-the-art audio-animatronics bring some of the classic characters such as Ariel, Sebastian, and Ursula to life.
Boardwalk Bazaar - Hats, Visors, Swim and Surf wear, Beach towels
Point Mugu Tattoo - Temporary tattoos, t-shirts, beach merchandise
Sideshow Shirts - T-shirts, beachwear, Paradise Pier merchandise
Treasures in Paradise - Children's clothing, toys, souvenirs, Duffy the Bear
Embarcadero Gifts - Little Mermaid merchandise
Seaside Souvenirs - Hats, pins, World of Color merchandise
Meet your favorite Toy Story characters in Paradise Pier. Check times guide for details.
- Save 20% on premium rooms at the Disneyland Resort - Most weeknights this Fall, save 20% on premium rooms at the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - What to Expect at Disney's D23 Destination D Event this November
- Menu updated at Flo's V8 Cafe - Flo's V8 Café at California Adventure has updated its menu, adding a couple of hot sandwiches and replacing the pork loin with BBQ pork ribs.
- Disneyland delays Elsa & Anna's Boutique transformation - The transformation of Downtown Disney's Studio Disney 365 to Elsa & Anna's Boutique has been delayed. The new opening date is 10/06/14.
- Blog - Disney Opposes "Inflammatory" Amended Complaint in DAS Lawsuit
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" on Blu-ray
- 4D preview of Big Hero 6 at Disneyland Park - Beginning September 26th, the Magic Eye Theater in Disneyland Park will host a 4D preview of the upcoming animated feature "Big Hero 6".
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 09/15/14
- Blog - HalloweenTime at Disneyland 2014
- Blog - Tom & West's 5 Favorite Thrills at Magic Mountain
- Top 5 ways to celebrate HalloweenTime at Disneyland - Disneyland Park goes all out for the Halloween season, from the front of the Park to the back. Starting in mid-September and continuing through the holiday itself, the Park and the characters, are decked in their Fall finest.
- Mickey's Halloween Party sold out for Halloween Night - Mickey's Halloween party at Disneyland is now sold out for three dates: 09/26, 10/03 and 10/31.
- Disneyland confirms return of Winter Dreams and Viva Navidad - The Disneyland Resort has announced the dates for the holiday celebrations and confirmed the return of World of Color-Winter Dreams and Viva Navidad.
- Mahaloween Luau coming to Trader Sam's - Celebrate Halloween a bit early at Trader Sam's with its Mahaloween Luau on 09/29/14. Tickets are $125 and go on sale 09/10/14.
- Mystic Magic Show added to Big Thunder Ranch Halloween Carnival - New on the stage this year at Disneyland's Halloween Carnival is the Mystic Magic Show, featuring jugglers, magicians and fortune tellers.
- FastPass testing at Disneyland's Frozen meet & greet - Disneyland is now testing a FastPass-like system for the Frozen meet & greet in Fantasyland.
- VIDEO: Cruising Around Hawaii - Explore the Hawaiian islands of Maui, Hawai'i, and Kauai while sailing onboard Norwegians Cruise Line's Pride of America.
- VIDEO: Driving Around Oahu - Explore the island of Oahu by driving around to different unique locations. Ted's Bakery, Haleiwa, Matsumoto's Shave Ice, and many others make Oahu a great place to find local treasures.
- Meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit at California Adventure - Beginning 09/14/14, guests can meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit on Buena Vista Street at California Adventure.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 09/01/14
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- Legends of Frontierland extended at Disneyland Park - Legends of Frontierland, the interactive experience at Disneyland Park, has been extended past the previously announced September 1st end date.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- Magic Mountain announces Twisted Colossus - Southern California's Six Flags Magic Mountain announced that they are transforming their classic wooden coaster into a record-breaking wooden/steel hybrid.
- Disneyland adds Frozen pre-parade to Mickey's Halloween Party - The stars of Frozen will appear on their special pre-parade float prior to each Mickey's Costume Party cavalcade.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Cortona Inn & Suites
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/25/14
- Mickey's Halloween Party tickets sold out for 10/03/14 - Tickets for the 10/03/14 date for Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland are sold out. Other dates are still available.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Blog - New Tour Review: The Disney California Story
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- Elsa & Anna's Boutique coming to Disneyland - Studio Disney 365 in Disneyland's Downtown Disney will be closing August 25th to make way for Elsa & Anna's Boutique.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/18/14
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Magic Mountain's Colossus Catches Fire
The Colossus roller coaster at Magic Mountain caught fire today. No injuries were reported.
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Eight new "Disney Family of Wines" come to California Adventure
The wineries represented all have a personal connection to the Disney name.
- Small fire at Disneyland quickly extinguished
The fire was in a backstage area.
- runDisney announces Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend
The event will take place January 15-18, 2015 at the Disneyland Resort.