Disney California Adventure
This colorful land, set alongside a beautiful lagoon, is Disney's tribute to the carnivals, amusement parks and boardwalks of old. Here you'll find thrill rides galore and plenty of old-fashioned fun. At night the whole area lights up and the sights and sounds are simply wonderful!
- Toy Story Midway Mania
- California Screamin'
- Games of the Boardwalk
- Golden Zephyr
- Jumpin' Jellyfish
- King Triton's Carousel
- Mickey's Fun Wheel
- Goofy's Sky School
- Silly Symphony Swings
- The Little Mermaid - Ariel's Undersea Adventure
- Paradise Pier Photos
- Paradise Pier Dining and Refreshments
Toy Story Midway Mania
"Toy Story Midway Mania" is a fantastic, fun ride that is not to be missed.
Grab a pair of 3-D glasses and you're on your way, taking aim at the targets at the game booths you encounter along the way. Cheering you on will be Woody, Buzz, Rex, Hamm and the Green Army Men. Find a hidden target and you'll rack up even more points as you compete for the highest score. The targets and weapons vary, from rings to darts to baseballs. This ride is all about the details and not a single one was overlooked.
A steel roller coaster, cleverly designed as a wooden thrill ride of old. At blast off you'll go from 0 to 55 miles per hour in 4.7 seconds. This fun-filled ride will take you through twists and turns, with a 108 foot drop and an upside down loop!
Restrictions: (Must be at least 48” tall, Guests should be in good health and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other physical limitations. Expectant mothers should not ride. Adult should accompany young children)
Games of the Boardwalk
A midway area filled with old-fashioned games of luck, chance and skill. There is a separate charge to play any of the midway games, usually $2.50 per game. Prizes are rewarded and small prizes may be traded up. Games include: Casey at the Bat, Dumbo Bucket Brigade, Bullseye Stallion Stampede and Goofy about Fishin'.
Rockets take you for a spin over Paradise Bay. The metallic spaceships were inspired by classic sci-fi stories such as Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon. During inclement weather this attraction may not be operating.
Head "under the sea" and float like a jellyfish on this kid-friendly parachute ride. You'll soar 40 feet in the air and float back down through the colorful kelp garden.
Restrictions: (40" height requirement. 350-pound maximum combined passenger weight per vehicle).
King Triton's Carousel
There are no horses to be found on this whimsical seaside attraction. Instead you'll ride upon hand carved dolphins, sea lions, flying fish, whales and sea horses on this beautifully styled carousel. Inspired by the Little Mermaid, it’s a remarkable interpretation of this classic ride.
Mickey's Fun Wheel
This amazing Ferris wheel offers spectacular views and thrills. There are two types of gondolas and two separate lines. The stationary gondolas do not rock, the swinging gondolas slide and rock back and forth along the spokes of the sun wheel. If you are prone to motion sickness or scared of heights, I would avoid this attraction.
During inclement weather this attraction may not be operating.
Goofy's Sky School
FASTPASS Attraction - Inspired by the 1940 cartoon short, "Goofy's Glider", this reimagined coaster follows Goofy's attempts to teach a group of novice pilots how to fly. Learn to fly the Goofy way!
Restrictions: (Must be at least 42” tall, Guests should be in good health and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other physical limitations. Expectant mothers should not ride. Adult should accompany young children. ) During inclement weather this attraction may not be operating.
Silly Symphony Swings
Silly Symphony Swings is Inspired by the classic 1935 Mickey Mouse cartoon short, "The Band Concert". Guests board the swings for a leisurely ride serenaded by the Band playing “The William Tell Overture” (aka The Lone Ranger Theme) conducted by Maestro Mickey. Everything seems fine until a tornado hits the orchestra and Donald Duck takes over (which can only mean trouble).
Restrictions:Must be at least 40” tall. Guests 40-48 inches tall must ride a tandum swing with a responsible adult. Guest in wheelchairs must transfer to this ride.
Join Ariel and her friends on an amazing undersea adventure.
The ride is a classic “dark-ride” type attraction where guests sit in clam-shaped vehicles along an Omnimover track through the different scenes of The Little Mermaid film. There are a number of special effects with lighting and temperature making guests feel as though they have actually gone under water. In addition, state-of-the-art audio-animatronics bring some of the classic characters such as Ariel, Sebastian, and Ursula to life.
California Scream Cam - souvenir ride photos
Boardwalk Bazaar - Hats, Visors, Swim and Surf wear, Beach towels
Point Mugu Tattoo - Temporary tattoos, t-shirts, beach merchandise
Sideshow Shirts - T-shirts, beachwear, Paradise Pier merchandise
Treasures in Paradise - Children's clothing, toys, souvenirs, Duffy the Bear
Embarcadero Gifts - Little Mermaid merchandise
Seaside Souvenirs - Hats, pins, World of Color merchandise
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Tomorrowland - Matterhorn - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Critter Country - Splash Mountain Bridge - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Cozy Cone Motel - Flo's V8 Cafe - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- Independence Week details at the Disneyland Resort - Disney’s Celebrate America! will be featured July 1st through July 7th at Disneyland Park, plus there's a patriotic Independence Day pre-show for World of Color over at Disney California Adventure! Also, special treats will be offered in the shops and restaurants of Main Street USA.
- Roger Rabbit screening and panel for Disneyland Passholders - Limited Time Magic-Disneyland Annual Passholders can celebrate the 25th anniversary of Disney's Who Framed Roger Rabbit with a screening and special panel discussion on June 18th begin at 7pm at the AMC 12 Theaters in Downtown Disney. Subject to availability.
- Unofficial Star Wars Fan Day at the Disneyland Resort - On June 30th, Star Wars fans will be meeting for lunch at Pizza Port, attending Jedi Training Academy, then meeting at 2pm for a group photo. Costumes are not allowed, but Star Wars shirts are encouraged.
- Broadway and Beyond concert added to the D23 Expo lineup - "Broadway and Beyond" will feature stars from Broadway's The Little Mermaid, Mary Poppins, Beauty and the Beast, Tarzan, Aida and The Lion King performing songs from the Disney on Broadway catalogue.
- Free Tiki Room 50th Souvenir for Disneyland Passholders - Limited Time Magic - Annual Passholders can receive a special recreation of the 1963 Enchanted Tiki Room brochure by visiting the Tiki Room June 23 through June 27. While supplies last.
- Celebrate Father's Day at California Adventure with The Incredibles - Limited Time Magic - Meet super dad Mr. Incredible and his best friend Frozone at a special photo opportunity on Paradise Pier from June 10th to June 16th.
- Blog - Expo Dream Store & Silent Auction Return to Disney’s D23 Expo
- Annual Passholders receive a gift pack when booking Adventures by Disney - When Walt Disney World and Disneyland Annual Passholders book a 2014 Adventures by Disney vacation by 8/23/13, they will receive a special ABD gift pack!
- Disneyland Ticket Pricing Updated - Effective 06/03/13, ticket prices at Disneyland have increased anywhere from 2% on a 5-day 1-park ticket to 10% on a 1-day park hopper. Annual Pass pricing has also increased.
- Blog - Disneyland 101 - Disneyland After Dark
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Aulani - Aulani Lagoon Path - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Aulani.
- Limited Time Magic: Mickey's Compass Quest at Disneyland - Following each showing of Mickey and the Magical Map (June 3-9), grab a map and follow a series of show-inspired clues around Disneyland Park. Uncover hidden markers, complete each challenge and take home a special reward.
- Knott's Berry Farm opens three new attractions - Knott's Berry Farm added three new attractions to it's Boardwalk area, including a new family roller coaster.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Aulani - Lobby - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Aulani.
- Blog - Monsters University Merchandise Scares Up Fun at Disney Parks
- D23 Expo adds Richard Sherman and Alan Menken concert - Composers Richard Sherman and Alan Menken will perform "The Disney Songbook" Saturday, August 10th at the D23 Expo in Anaheim.
- WonderGround Gallery's Artist in Residence for June is Jackie Huang - Disneyland Resort's WonderGround Gallery has announced its Artist in Residence for June is Jackie Huang. Jackie will be on hand June 7-8, 14-15 and 21-22 from 5pm to 9pm.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Aulani - Aulani Beach Sunset - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Aulani.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Aulani - Aulani Lagoon Walking Path - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Aulani.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Aulani - Aulani Beach - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Aulani.
- Blog - A Monstrous 24-Hour "All-Nighter" at Magic Kingdom
- Disneyland Passholder "Mickey and the Magical Map" Events - Annual Passholders can experience "Mickey and the Magical Map", along with a special behind-the-scenes presentation by some of the creative team, at 5:40pm each night on May 28 and June 4 & 11. Seating is limited.
- Mickey and the Magical Map now open at Disneyland Park - A new stage show, Mickey and the Magical Map, is now at the Fantasyland Theatre in Disneyland Park.
- VIDEO: DIS Unplugged - Live From Aulani - 05/21/13 - Follow along with us as we go beyond the parks!
- VIDEO: Mickey and the Magical Map - Video of the brand-new show, "Mickey and the Magical Map" at Disneyland.
- VIDEO: Disney Beyond The Parks - Producing the Aulani Live Show - Visit http://www.wdwinfo.com/beyondtheparks/#hawaii to view the full DIS Unplugged show from Aulani in Hawaii. For the latest updates on our trip to Aulani and Hawaii, visit http://new.livestream.com/TheDIS/aulani Join the DIS Team as we explore Disney beyond the parks, starting with Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa in Hawaii!
- Southern California CityPass price increase June 3rd - Beginning June 3rd, the price for the Southern California CityPass will increase. Adults will be $319, children will be $279. Attractions will remain the same. Passes purchased prior to June 3rd are valid through January 4th.
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 5
- HalloweenTime at Disneyland begins September 13! - HalloweenTime at the Disneyland Resort, including Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, begins September 13, 2013. Mickey's Halloween Party begins September 30, 2013.
- Swing dancing returns to Disneyland Park beginning June 15th - Swing Dancing returns to the former Carnation Plaza Gardens (now Fantasy Faire) stage on a limited basis beginning June 15th!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland - Rivers of America - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- 2014 dates chosen for DIS-exclusive Backstage Magic trips - Three dates have been selected for 2014 Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trips with members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team!
- Rumor: Star Wars Land coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios?
Rumors say both Star Wars Land and Cars Land will be in Disney's Hollywood Studios by 2018.
- 23 percent increase in 2012 attendance at Disney's California Adventure
Due to the popularity of Cars Land, Disney's California Adventure has seen a huge increase in attendance numbers.
- Disney to Begin a Review of Guest Assistance Card Abuse
Disney has initiated a review of Guest Assistance Card abuse after a reporter's undercover investigation into the disabled tour guide practice.
- Disney's "The Lone Ranger" to premiere at California Adventure
Disney announced that the red-carpet premiere for "The Lone Ranger" will be held at Disney California Adventure on June 22. Tickets are $1,000 and proceeds benefit the American Indian College Fund.
- UPDATE: Disneyland Cast Member Arrested in Toontown Incident
Anaheim Police have arrested a 22-year-old Disneyland cast member in connection with the recent "dry ice bomb" that cause an evacuation of Toontown.