To remain exempt from major inspection, Central Florida theme parks must list all of their quarterly incidents and injuries with the state. This quarter’s report (July – September 2017) covers a total of 13 incidents/injuries: 8 belonging to Disney, 3 to Universal, and 2 to SeaWorld. Only incidents or illnesses resulting in a hospital stay of 24 hours or more, as well as deaths, are reported.
Walt Disney World
- August 18th: Male, 5 – Suffered seizure on Jungle Cruise, previously existing condition.
- September 12th: Female, 17 – Felt dizzy and disoriented while riding Space Mountain.
- September 27th: Female, 48 – Fell while entering Space Mountain vehicle, lost consciousness, fractured leg.
- September 15th: Female, 56 – Felt ill after Mission: Space, previously existing condition.
- August 7th: Male, 58 – Nausea and vomiting after Expedition Everest, previously existing condition.
- July 9th: Male, 70 – Felt ill while riding Toy Story Mania, previously existing condition.
- July 27th: Female, 45 – Fractured arm on Downhill Double Dipper.
- September 26th: Female, 58 – Fell while entering Teamboat Springs, fractured back.
- July 24th: Female, 36 – Chest pain on The Incredible Hulk Coaster.
- August 4th: Male, 68 – Fainted on Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.
- August 15th: Female, 53 – Cardiac arrest on TeaWa the Fearless River
- July 16th: Male, 59 – Found unresponsive on Roa’s Rapids, fatality
- August 15th: Male, 4 – Fractured leg on Walkabout Waters