Kodak and Disney to end partnershipby Leah Zanolla
Dec 19, 2012
After filing for bankruptcy, Eastman Kodak will be ending their sponsorship agreement with the U.S. Disney theme parks as of December 31. Suzi Brown, Disneyland Resort spokeswoman, said, "Kodak has served as the official film and camera partner at Disneyland since the park opened in 1955." Along with Kodak, Coca-Cola and Carnation (Nestle) are the remaining original sponsors. In addition to references in several attractions, theme park guests are used to seeing Kodak's name on the Kodak Picture Spots - small signs marking the best places to take a photograph. Kodak signs will be removed from the camera stores found around the parks, though Event Imaging Systems, a division of Kodak, will continue to handle souvenir photos at the attractions. Audrey Jonckheer, a Kodak spokeswoman, said, "Disney and Kodak have enjoyed a mutually beneficial relationship for many years and Kodak thanks Disney for its outstanding partnership."
Locations that include Kodak branding at Walt Disney World include: the Kodak Picture Spots, Mickey's PhilharMagic at the Magic Kingdom, Epcot Camera Center, MuppetVision 3D, Cover Story, and Garden Gate Gifts at Disney's Hollywood Studios. At the Disneyland Resort, these include: the Kodak Picture Spots, Main Street Photo Supply Co. and a small kiosk in Fantasyland at Disneyland Park, and Kingswell Camera Shop at Disney California Adventure.
In September 2010, Kodak pulled its sponsorship of the Imagination! pavilion at Epcot. At the time, Disney stated that "this adjustment reflects the dynamic nature of the sponsorship business."
The 132-year-old company filed for bankruptcy in January.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Other Disneyland News Stories
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
DIS DISNEYLAND UPDATES
- World of Color Late-Night Breakfast Package for the 24-Hour Party - In addition to their normal lunch and dinner packages, California Adventure will be offering a late-night breakfast World of Color package on May 22nd/23rd with reserved viewing for a 3am show.
- DISAPALOOZA Diagon Alley Party - December 05, 2015 - Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc, The DIS and the DISUnplugged are proud to announce details of this year's DISapalooza Event. We will be renting out all of Diagon Alley for the enjoyment of our guests! December 05, 2015 (9:00 p.m. - midnight) Price: $75/person
- What are your favorite souvenirs from Disney? - Souvenirs can be a great way to remember a special moment you had at the parks or even just a way to bring Disney into your everyday life.
- Mother's Day offerings at the Disneyland Resort - Several locations throughout the Resort will offer special menu items on May 10th in honor of Mother's Day.
- VIDEO: Peter Pan's Flight Pre-2015 Refurb POV at Disneyland - This is one of Park's original 17 attractions.
- Five Things You Should Know Before Visiting Disneyland Paris
- Disney Myth buster: A Disney Vacation is Too Expensive - Let's break down the numbers and compare exactly how Disney stacks up against other common vacation destinations.
- What's in your Disney park bag?
See AllDL DISCUSSIONS