Details released about the Disney Fantasy cruise shipby Leah Zanolla
May 19, 2011
Disney Cruise Line released information today about their newest ship, the Disney Fantasy, set to sail for the first time on March 31, 2012.
The popular Animator's Palate restaurant will be on this ship as well, but a new twist will be added. An interactive dinner show called Animation Magic will involve the guests in the animation shown during the meal. Guests are invited to draw Disney characters on placemats when they first come into the restaurant; servers will collect the completed drawings, which later show up as animation on screens around the room. The guests' names will be shown and will later receive their drawings back with a special animator's stamp added. The show uses special Disney-created software to bring the drawings to life, along with a brand-new musical score and never-before-scenes from Disney films.
In addition to Animation Magic, Undersea Magic will also be shown during one of the other nights. Undersea Magic was new on the Disney Dream and features Crush from "Finding Nemo" who interacts with diners all around the room.
Like the other ships in the fleet, the Disney Fantasy will also offer Broadway-style stage shows at night. There will be two new shows performed. Details of one show have come out - "Disney's Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular" is a musical comedy with many of the classic scenes and songs from the film that can also be seen at Disney California Adventure. At times, performers will be in the aisles of the theater, making guests feel like they're a part of the show. A new song, "To Be Free," will be included and was written for the show by Alan Menken, who composed the original score. In addition to the two new shows, other productions offered will be a Welcome Aboard show, Disney's Believe and a Farewell show.
Themed "dress-up nights" have always been popular on the Disney ships, so Disney Cruise Line is making things a little easier for guests on the Fantasy. The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique will be available for makeovers, including hair, makeup, nails and costumes. Exclusive Disney Cruise Line packages will be available, allowing guests to transform into Captain Mickey Mouse, Princess Minnie Mouse, and First Mate Minnie Mouse. An Under The Sea package is available as well. For the pirate nights, the Boutique will become the Pirate's League, offering such pirate garb as makeup, swords, earrings and eye patches. Just like in the theme parks, the First Mate and Empress packages will be available.
As Disney fans know, Disney Cruise Line isn't just for kids. The Europa Nighttime Entertainment District is reminiscent of a tour through Europe and is just the place for adults to hang out and relax.
- La Piazza is a lounge inspired by Italy and their famous outdoor plazas.
- Skyline is a bar that offers panoramic views of European skylines as they transform from day to night. This bar has a counterpart on the Disney Dream featuring American cities. Because of its popularity on the Dream, Skyline on the Fantasy is one third bigger than its predecessor.
- O'Gill's Pub features classic Irish pub decor as well as HD TVs broadcasting live sporting events.
- Ooh La La, the ship's champagne bar, will remind guests of a French boudoir, complete with velvet walls, mirrors and a bar designed to look like a sparking jewel box.
- The Tube dance club is like stepping into the London transportation system. Floors are covered with route maps, the bar is inspired by Big Ben, and there's even a photo op with a red English phone booth.
Every Disney Cruise Line ship has a signature character; the Fantasy is no different. The ship's atrium will be home to a bronze statue of Mademoiselle Minnie Mouse. Keeping in line with the vintage travel theme seen around the ship, Minnie will be dressed in fashions from the 1920s and 30s, complete with a parasol and steamer trunk.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Disney Cruise News Stories
- Disney Cruise Line releases sail dates for early 2016
Two new Caribbean ports have been added.
- Disney Cruise Line honored by Bon Voyage digital magazine
Disney Cruise Line took top honors in several categories.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.
See AllDIS SITE UPDATES
- Registration now open for the 2016 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend events.
- Trader Sam's now officially open at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
- Big Thunder Mountain begins 4 day rehab
- Walt Disney World FREE DINING Basics and FAQ's
- Getting to grips with MyMagic+
- What is Your Family's Ideal Number of Days at Disney?
- World of Color Late-Night Breakfast Package for the 24-Hour Party
- Be Our Guest breakfast test extended through July 18
- Expedition Everest Challenge will end after this year
- Concierge staterooms to have binoculars on Mediterranean/European and Alaska sailings
- Our family's must-do's on Disney Cruise Line
- Dockside Margaritas opening at Downtown Disney today
- Family Dining at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for $100 a Day
- Teen Beach 2 Beach Party coming to Typhoon Lagoon
- Man arrested for climbing over fence into Universal Studios
- Disney Cruise Line Navigator app's Onboard Chat feature now active on all 4 ships
- Happy 17th Birthday to Disney's Animal Kingdom!
- Mother's Day dining at Walt Disney World
- Dead Men Tell No Tales this Summer
- Universal Orlando announces 25th Anniversary Concert Series
- Military discounts available for Eastern Caribbean sailing on Disney Cruise Line
- Pirates of the Caribbean rehab moved back to June 8
- DISAPALOOZA Diagon Alley Party - December 05, 2015
- What are your favorite souvenirs from Disney?
- Best Places To Take Mid-Day Breaks Within EPCOT
- Coronado Springs Business Class, Worth it or Not?
- Why You Should Plan To Divert From Your "Plan"
- Innoventions West exhibits closing April 29
- Sounds Like Summer Concert Series performers and dates announced
- Blog - Downtown Disney Construction Update
- Creating A Theme Park Adventure
- The Great Reveal Debate: When to tell the kids about your Disney vacation
- Mother's Day offerings at the Disneyland Resort
- American Ninja Warrior taping at Universal Orlando in May
- Dockside Margaritas opening at Downtown Disney April 23
- Universal Orlando raising employees' base pay
- Prices increase for Pirates League on the Disney Fantasy
- Walt Disney World for Teens
- Disney Springs' "World Showcase of Flavors"
- Disney Cruise Line raises prices at Palo and Remy
- Blog - The Universal Day - Islands of Adventure
- A Few Obscure Things That Could Ruin Your Disney Vacation
- Spending the afternoon at a hidden gem: Tom Sawyer Island
- The Whole World and Beyond - In 27 Square Miles!
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium Packages now available
- Adventures by Disney Insiders eligible for one free hotel night
- Adventures by Disney announces Danube River Cruise
- it's a small world closes for rehab
- VIDEO: Peter Pan's Flight Pre-2015 Refurb POV at Disneyland
- Be Our Guest breakfast can now be pre-ordered
- Menu for The BOATHOUSE at Downtown Disney
- Florida residents can take advantage of Disney Cruise Line discounts
- Walt Disney World's Jungle Cruise closes for refurb
- The BOATHOUSE opens today at Downtown Disney
- 4 Reasons Why Disney Should Consider Bringing Back 3 Of The Original Hotel Concepts
- Five Things You Should Know Before Visiting Disneyland Paris
- Dooney & Bourke release at Downtown Disney
- Disney Myth buster: A Disney Vacation is Too Expensive
- This Dad's Disney "Duh" Moments
- Sleeper Pick, Best Resort for Tots: Bay Lake Tower
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party tickets now on sale
- Night of Joy tickets now available
- Tickets now on sale for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
- ABD Providing Transfers from Airport for Pre- and Post-night Stays
- What's in your Disney park bag?
- Premium packages and VIP tour details for Star Wars Weekends
- Discounted Disney Cruise Line rates released for the general public
- Main pool reopened at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
- Main pool at Contemporary Resort to be closed in September
- Convenient dining options near the Disney World parks
- Tables in Wonderland special dining events announced
- Kids stay free with a four night stay at Cabana Bay Beach Resort