Details released about the Disney Fantasy cruise shipby Leah Zanolla
May 19, 2011
Disney Cruise Line released information today about their newest ship, the Disney Fantasy, set to sail for the first time on March 31, 2012.
The popular Animator's Palate restaurant will be on this ship as well, but a new twist will be added. An interactive dinner show called Animation Magic will involve the guests in the animation shown during the meal. Guests are invited to draw Disney characters on placemats when they first come into the restaurant; servers will collect the completed drawings, which later show up as animation on screens around the room. The guests' names will be shown and will later receive their drawings back with a special animator's stamp added. The show uses special Disney-created software to bring the drawings to life, along with a brand-new musical score and never-before-scenes from Disney films.
In addition to Animation Magic, Undersea Magic will also be shown during one of the other nights. Undersea Magic was new on the Disney Dream and features Crush from "Finding Nemo" who interacts with diners all around the room.
Like the other ships in the fleet, the Disney Fantasy will also offer Broadway-style stage shows at night. There will be two new shows performed. Details of one show have come out - "Disney's Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular" is a musical comedy with many of the classic scenes and songs from the film that can also be seen at Disney California Adventure. At times, performers will be in the aisles of the theater, making guests feel like they're a part of the show. A new song, "To Be Free," will be included and was written for the show by Alan Menken, who composed the original score. In addition to the two new shows, other productions offered will be a Welcome Aboard show, Disney's Believe and a Farewell show.
Themed "dress-up nights" have always been popular on the Disney ships, so Disney Cruise Line is making things a little easier for guests on the Fantasy. The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique will be available for makeovers, including hair, makeup, nails and costumes. Exclusive Disney Cruise Line packages will be available, allowing guests to transform into Captain Mickey Mouse, Princess Minnie Mouse, and First Mate Minnie Mouse. An Under The Sea package is available as well. For the pirate nights, the Boutique will become the Pirate's League, offering such pirate garb as makeup, swords, earrings and eye patches. Just like in the theme parks, the First Mate and Empress packages will be available.
As Disney fans know, Disney Cruise Line isn't just for kids. The Europa Nighttime Entertainment District is reminiscent of a tour through Europe and is just the place for adults to hang out and relax.
- La Piazza is a lounge inspired by Italy and their famous outdoor plazas.
- Skyline is a bar that offers panoramic views of European skylines as they transform from day to night. This bar has a counterpart on the Disney Dream featuring American cities. Because of its popularity on the Dream, Skyline on the Fantasy is one third bigger than its predecessor.
- O'Gill's Pub features classic Irish pub decor as well as HD TVs broadcasting live sporting events.
- Ooh La La, the ship's champagne bar, will remind guests of a French boudoir, complete with velvet walls, mirrors and a bar designed to look like a sparking jewel box.
- The Tube dance club is like stepping into the London transportation system. Floors are covered with route maps, the bar is inspired by Big Ben, and there's even a photo op with a red English phone booth.
Every Disney Cruise Line ship has a signature character; the Fantasy is no different. The ship's atrium will be home to a bronze statue of Mademoiselle Minnie Mouse. Keeping in line with the vintage travel theme seen around the ship, Minnie will be dressed in fashions from the 1920s and 30s, complete with a parasol and steamer trunk.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Disney Cruise News Stories
- Disney Cruise Line releases sail dates for early 2016
Two new Caribbean ports have been added.
- Disney Cruise Line honored by Bon Voyage digital magazine
Disney Cruise Line took top honors in several categories.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.
See AllDIS SITE UPDATES
- VIDEO: Matterhorn Bobsleds POV with New Abominable Snowman
- 'Paint the Night' and 'Disneyland Forever' are HUGE hits for Disneyland
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Disneyland Hotel
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Disneyland Park
- 'Paint the Night' Full Nighttime Electrical Parade
- 'Disneyland Forever' Full Fireworks Show with Main Street Projections
- ‘World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney’ debuts at Disney California Adventure
- VIDEO: 'World of Color - Celebrate' Information with Show Producer
- VIDEO: 'World of Color - Celebrate' Full Show with Outros
- VIDEO: The Force Awakens and Star Tours in 'World of Color - Celebrate'
- Life Through the Disney Lens
- Free Breakfast Offer with 4-Night Stay at Cabana Bay Beach Resort
- Universal's 25th anniversary concert series begins this weekend
- Jack the Clown returns to Halloween Horror Nights
- Onboard rebooking blackout dates updated for 2016 cruises
- Grizzly Peak Airfield is now open at California Adventure
- Parking and queue info for Disneyland's Diamond Celebration Kick-off
- New additions announced for Disney Springs
- Blog - Review: "Tomorrowland" perfectly channels Walt Disney's philosophy and spirit
- Blog - Top 5 ways to be a good guest at Walt Disney World - Do's and Don'ts
- Blog - Star Wars Weekend Merchandise Hits the Shelves
- VIDEO: Star Wars Weekends 2015 Food, Merchandise and More!
- VIDEO: Star Wars Galactic Dine-In Breakfast
- Blog - Star Wars Weekends 2015
- Schedule of events for Coolest Summer Ever 24-hour party
- Special food items for Disneyland's 24-hour Diamond Celebration kick-off
- Full schedule for Star Wars Weekends
- Chef Mickey's to add brunch beginning May 31
- A Monstrous Rock Your Coolest Summer: A Guide to 24 Hours at Disney
- What Haven't I Done at Disney?
- Additional dates added for Adventures by Disney Danue River Cruises
- Star Wars Galactic Dine-In Breakfast
- Free transportation offer at Aulani
- Star Wars Rebels: The Ultimate Guide to show at Hollywood Studios
- Top 10 Most Featured Movies at Walt Disney World
- Store operating hours adjusted for Downtown Disney West Side
- Disneyland Good Neighbor Packages start at just $99 per night
- Animal Kingdom's TriceraTop Spin begins 2-week rehab
- Military discount available on 7-night Eastern Caribbean Disney Cruise
- Shipboard credits offered by Dreams Unlimited Travel
- Blog - Downtown Disney Construction Update May 2015
- Dates for 2015 Holiday Cruises on Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Channel and Disney XD stars to be at Coolest Summer Ever event
- November 2015 park hours released for Walt Disney World
- Construction at Downtown Disney to cause road closures
- Universal and Nintendo partnering up for theme parks
- Universal Orlando announces Skull Island: Reign of Kong attraction
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani
- Something huge is on the horizon - Kong announcement coming tomorrow
- Rebel Hangar: Star Wars Lounge Experience planned for Star Wars Weekends
- Blog - A Look Back: Walt Disney World's Swan and Dolphin Hotels
- My Perfect Day at Walt Disney World
- Universal theme parks see significant increase in first quarter revenue
- Disney Pin Trading: The Perfect, Collectible Souvenir
- Disney Cruise Line offers Florida resident discounts
- Discounted Disney Cruise Line rates released for the general public
- Sneak Peek of "Inside Out" film coming to Epcot
- The Fairy Godparents of the Parks
- Walt Disney World on a Budget
- Disneyland adds Avengers-themed items at Pizza Port
- Blog - Express Food Ordering Test At Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Disneyland confirms May 9th return for Hatbox Ghost
- Reopening of Mattherhorn Bobsleds and Peter Pan's Flight delayed
- Happy 26th Birthday to Disney's Hollywood Studios!
- May merchandise events for Walt Disney World
- Walt Disney World adds more allergy-friendly menus
- Disney Character Review - Gaston
- Twisted Colossus opens at Magic Mountain on May 23rd
- Discount offer on premium Disneyland Resort rooms extended
- New a cappella group to perform on America Gardens Theatre Stage
- Disney Cruise Line Military discount available
- Registration now open for the 2016 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend events.
- Trader Sam's now officially open at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
- Big Thunder Mountain begins 4 day rehab
- Walt Disney World FREE DINING Basics and FAQ's
- Getting to grips with MyMagic+
- DISAPALOOZA Diagon Alley Party - December 05, 2015