Couple gets married on Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean rideby Leah Zanolla
Oct 25, 2013
A Utah couple showed the world just how much they love Disney by actually getting married on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland. Tory Elegante has been a huge Disney fan since he was a child, and had always wanted to get married at Disneyland. His new wife, Nikki, had never been to the theme park until she met Tory, but now she enjoys it as much as he does, and agreed to his wedding plans. She said, "If I remember correctly, Pirates was the ride we rode over and over and over, so it makes sense that was the one we got married on."
Instead of planning their wedding at one of the usual spots at the Resort, the couple decided that it would be more special if they actually got married on the attraction itself. They didn't know if this was allowed, so they devised a seating chart for their family and friends and asked the Pirates ride operator for their own boat (each holds 18-24 people). Tory had a friend officiate the ceremony, which began two minutes and 30 seconds into the ride, just after the second drop. Tory said, "It kind of quiets down there in the cave a little bit and he gave a two minute ceremony and we exchanged rings on the boat. By the time we were to the big cannon ship battle, we were already married."
Instead of traditional wedding attire, Tory wore a tuxedo t-shirt and Nikki donned a t-shirt with Minnie Mouse on the front. The wedding was held on September 19 at 10:33 am, an homage to Club 33 next door. The couple celebrated with a meal at the restaurant later that night. For their honeymoon, they stayed to enjoy Disneyland for a few days with family, and then took off for Hawaii, followed by a few more days alone in Disneyland.
Tory's love of Disney is evident in all areas of his life - his children are named Ariel, Belle and Orlando; his car has Disney-themed personalized plates; and the house is decorated with attraction posters, a monorail and even hidden Mickeys stamped into the walls. He says, "It's pretty crazy. There should probably be a support group for me, I think."
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Other Disneyland News Stories
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
DIS DISNEYLAND UPDATES
- Blog - Judge fools all, banning Frozen from theme parks and agreeing with "Frozen is my life story" author
- Succumbing to the Charms of Hong Kong Disneyland - Not surprisingly, the park has many things in common with the other two "Magic Kingdom" style parks I have visited, and it also has many features that make it unique.
- Disneyland announces Diamond Celebration Merchandise Event - The Disneyland Resort has announced a merchandise event to take place May 20 and 21, just before the Diamond Celebration kicks off.
- Save up to 20% on Premium Rooms at the Disneyland Resort - Save up to 20% on Premium rooms at the hotels of the Disneyland Resort select weeknights this Spring.
- Spring Time Roundup 2015 at Big Thunder Ranch - Check out Spring Time Roundup at Big Thunder Ranch where you can meet the Easter Bunny, Mickey and Minnie in their finest Spring outfits and Disney rabbits including bunny Pluto!
- Disney Visa cardholders - Save 25% at Disneyland Resort Hotels - With this new offer, Disney Visa cardholders can save 25% on weeknight stays at the hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
- Menu for the re-themed Smokejumpers Grill at California Adventure - This was formerly the Taste Pilots' Grill.
- Smokejumpers Grill now open at California Adventure - Smokejumpers Grill is now open at California Adventure in the former Taste Pilots' Grill location.
- Five Guests who turn into Disney Villains
- Driving to Disney - do you drive overnight or during the day?
- Springtime Roundup begins March 20th at Disneyland - Disneyland Park's Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree is the home to the Springtime Roundup where guest can meet the Easter Bunny (and other famous Disney rabbits).
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Best Western Park Place Inn
- New Spring menu at Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe - Jolly Holiday Bakery Café at Disneyland Park has a new menu that includes a roast beef & bleu cheese sandwich and a sun-dried tomato Caesar salad.
- Blog - Review: "Cinderella" is impressive, but was it and "Frozen Fever" necessary?
- Smokejumpers Grill opens March 20 at California Adventure - As part of the re-theming of Condor Flats to Grizzly Peak Airfield, Taste Pilots Grill re-opens March 20th as Smokejumpers Grill.
- St. Patrick's Day at Disneyland's Downtown Disney - For St. Patrick's Day, several of the restaurants in Downtown Disney will have special menu items. Entertainment will be offered near the WonderGround Gallery.
- Disneyland's Innoventions closes March 31st - Disneyland has announced that Innoventions will be closing on March 31, 2015.
- Walt Disney and The Little Golden Books
See AllDL DISCUSSIONS