Padding will be added to the ride vehicles of Mater's Junkyard Jamboreeby Leah Zanolla
Sep 18, 2012
Modifications are planned for one of the rides in the newly opened Cars Land at Disney California Adventure. In October, padding will be added to the seat backs on Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. In the attraction, guests ride in trailers pulled by tractors that spin around, causing guests to slide around in the seats. Mary Niven, vice president of Disney California Adventure says they "heard from guests that it was uncomfortable." On July 25, work crews added a "non-skid material on the seats of the vehicles to prevent guests from sliding about." The new padding will go on the backs where guests' shoulders would be.
Injuries have been reported from the ride, but a Disneyland spokeswoman said the padding was already planned before the reports were made. According to the Orange County Register, "The reports include a 28-year-old woman who said she suffered whiplash while going on the ride June 17, and a 9-year-old girl hit her mouth and chipped her teeth on the vehicle on June 29. It is unclear how those incidents allegedly occurred. The state found no wrongdoing with Disney on those two; the third report has not been completed."
This isn't the first change to be made to one of the Cars Land attractions. In August, Luigi's Flying Tires had giant beach balls removed, reportedly due to injuries and to help speed up the loading process. The beach balls were a festive extra component to the ride and could be hit with the ride vehicles or thrown to other guests; the removal did not affect the ride itself.
Mater's Junkyard Jamboree is expected to remain open during these modifications.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Other Disneyland News Stories
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
DIS DISNEYLAND UPDATES
- World of Color Late-Night Breakfast Package for the 24-Hour Party - In addition to their normal lunch and dinner packages, California Adventure will be offering a late-night breakfast World of Color package on May 22nd/23rd with reserved viewing for a 3am show.
- DISAPALOOZA Diagon Alley Party - December 05, 2015 - Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc, The DIS and the DISUnplugged are proud to announce details of this year's DISapalooza Event. We will be renting out all of Diagon Alley for the enjoyment of our guests! December 05, 2015 (9:00 p.m. - midnight) Price: $75/person
- What are your favorite souvenirs from Disney? - Souvenirs can be a great way to remember a special moment you had at the parks or even just a way to bring Disney into your everyday life.
- Mother's Day offerings at the Disneyland Resort - Several locations throughout the Resort will offer special menu items on May 10th in honor of Mother's Day.
- VIDEO: Peter Pan's Flight Pre-2015 Refurb POV at Disneyland - This is one of Park's original 17 attractions.
- Five Things You Should Know Before Visiting Disneyland Paris
- Disney Myth buster: A Disney Vacation is Too Expensive - Let's break down the numbers and compare exactly how Disney stacks up against other common vacation destinations.
- What's in your Disney park bag?
See AllDL DISCUSSIONS