Disney Cruise Line Adult Activities & Entertainment
Mention the word "Disney" to most people and the first word that comes to mind is "children". Happily, Disney Cruise Line recognizes that adults need their own cruise experience. They have designed the ship and activities so that adults have their own exclusive sections to enjoy.
Guests age 18 and older can start their day at the Cove Cafe with a specialty coffee drink, swim in the adult pool, relax in one of the whirlpools, visit the Spa, enjoy dinner in one of two adult-exclusive restaurants and end the day at any of the Night Club venues in the adult entertainment district.
- Night Clubs
- Adult-exclusive Restaurants
- Smoking Policy
- Bringing Alcohol Aboard
- Purchasing Alcohol on board the ship
Some other "adults-only" amenities that Disney Cruise Line provides:
- The Cove - This pool and surrounding area is adults only, ages 18 and up, located on Deck 9 on the Wonder and Magic, Deck 11 on the Dream and Fantasy. There are two oversized whirlpool spas at one end of the pool making this the perfect spot to relax. On the Wonder there are cascading waterfalls into the pool. On both the Magic and Wonder, the poolside bar Signals is a great place to get the cocktail of the day or other tropical libation. On the Dream and Fantasy, the Cove Bar is an elegant swim-up bar. Enjoy your cocktails without even getting out of the water!
- The Cove Cafe - on Deck 9 Disney Wonder and Magic, Deck 11 on the Disney Dream and Fantasy. The Cove Cafe is exclusive to adult guests 18 years of age and older and offers specialty coffees and drinks. This coffee bar is only accessible via the adult pool area. Beautifully decorated in the Art Deco style, The Cove Cafe is inviting and warm. While the large screen TV and Wurlitzer jukebox may have you thinking "loud" it's actually a quiet retreat. It's the perfect spot to order a specialty coffee drink and to use wireless internet.
- Satellite Sun Deck, a new feature only found on the Disney Fantasy, is located on Deck 13 Forward. A canopy shades a fountain surrounded by plenty of lounge chairs for relaxing near the water. Satellite Falls is a circular splash pool with benches and a cascading rain curtain.
- Serenity Bay - A separate, private adults-only beach on Castaway Cay (covered in Castaway Cay section)
- The Art of Entertaining - Learn the art of gracious entertaining, from creating a menu of innovative culinary creations and pairing wines with meals, to designing professional-looking invitations and party decor.
- Disney Behind the Scenes -- See the innovation behind the magic as experts lead you "backstage," where they will uncover what's behind the curtain of the Walt Disney Theatre, what the captain views from atop the bridge and what's cooking behind galley doors. From film buffs and amateur animators to admirers of architecture and broadcasting, everyone who's ever had an interest in the wonderful world of Disney will enjoy hearing about Disney projects through the years and across the globe. Review
- Navigating the Seas -- Learn what unique techniques were used in creating the Disney Cruise ships, as well as how these floating resorts operate.
- Wines of the World Cellar Master Presentation
- Beer Tasting (4 & 7 Day Cruises)
- Martini and Tequila/Margarita tastings - $15 each (4 & 7 Day Cruises)
- Champagne brunch at Palo
- Jackpot Bingo
- Chip-It Golf
- Bridge games and tournaments
- Volleyball games and tournaments
- Ping pong games and tournaments
- Movies (both family films and those for mature audiences)
- Stem to Stern Wine Tasting: $12/person
If a casual overview of wine tasting is what you're looking for, then the Stem to Stern Wine Tasting seminar is definitely for you. An excellent addition to the adult entertainment series onboard the Disney Cruise Line, this session is perfect for both the experienced and amateur wine gourmands. For one hour the Disney Cruise Line's sommeliers (trained wine experts) walk you through tasting 5 wines and one sparkling wine or Champagne.
An entire section of Deck 3 is devoted to the nighttime entertainment of adults age 18 and over. (Please note: The drinking age is 21 on the ships.) This area has three clubs to choose from. No matter what your taste, you're bound to find a memorable way to end your day.
The adult area on the Disney Magic
Nightclubs & Lounges on the Disney Magic bring the night to life with music, dancing and socializing. From swanky to sporty, low key to high energy, you'll find a hangout you'll love amid the ship's "adults-only at night" entertainment district, After Hours.
Keys is a laid-back piano bar
Fathoms (an undersea-themed club that changes atmosphere as the night goes on)
The adult area on the Disney Wonder
Cadillac Lounge: An imaginatively themed piano lounge where a talented performer will entertain you as you enjoy a cocktail and relax in one of the comfortable club chairs.
Wavebands: This nightclub is where the action is each evening of your voyage.
Diversions is the perfect place for adult cruisers to enjoy a cocktail, play games and enjoy a televised sporting event on one of the many large screen TVs located throughout. This friendly 'pub like' atmosphere comes complete with comfortable seating and tabletop board games that invite cruisers to kick-back and have some fun. Beer Tasting is hosted here on the 7 and 4 day cruises during days at sea. You don't want to miss "British Pub Night" if it's scheduled during your voyage.
Located on Deck 4 Aft, The district is a nighttime entertainment area featuring 5 sophisticated bars and lounges. All of the venues here are interconnected and convey a sense of discovery.
Evolution Lounge - A contemporary nightclub. During the day it will be open to all Guests, at night it's just for adults to be able to dance, enjoy a mixed drink, or sing karaoke.
Pink - This elegant, upscale lounge serves champagne and other cocktails.
Skyline - A chic, modern bar with changing views of city skylines such as Paris, Rio, New York, Chicago and Hong Kong. Signature cocktails, inspired by the city of the day, are offered here.
687 - This bar has a great, pub-like atmosphere.
Meridian Bar is located on Deck 12 located between Palo and Remy. Enjoy a pre or post dinner cocktail in this adults only bar.
Metro Pub- sports bar located on Deck 4, Aft in The District section.
Bon Voyage- families can relax and enjoy a drink or snack. Deck 3
Currents- bar located on Deck 13 forward.
Waves- bar on Deck 12 overlooking Mickey's Pool
Europa is the nighttime entertainment district on the Fantasy, located on Deck 4, Aft. Exclusively for guests age 18 and up, Europa is the place to be in the evening, offering guests the chance to "travel" through the clubs and lounges of Europe!
One night during each cruise, guests will experience an international street party - "Viva Europa!" Singers, dancers and interactive performers will move through the 5 clubs, bringing the entertainment to a whole new level.
La Piazza is a lounge inspired by the cities of Italy and their famous outdoor plazas. The bar here takes center stage - it's modeled after a vintage carousel and is surrounded by colorful Venetian masks. A Vespa (complete with sidecar) and intimate booths add to the feeling that you're spending a romantic evening in Italy. La Piazza serves Italian favorites like sparkling Prosecco, Moretti Peroni beer, red and white wines, grappa, and limoncello.
O'Gill's Pub features classic Irish neighborhood pub decor and dark wood accented in brass. This is the place to be when the game's on - HD TVs will be broadcasting live sporting events. O'Gills serves up Irish classics, but with a Fantasy twist - their own private label Irish Cream and vintage Irish whisky.
Ooh La La, the ship's champagne bar, will remind guests of a French boudoir, complete with Victorian furniture, velvet-tufted walls, and mirrors. The bar, designed to look like a sparking jewel box, serves the Fantasy's private label - Ooh La La Champagne by Taittinger.
The Tube dance club is like stepping into the London transportation system. Floors are covered with route maps, the bar is inspired by Big Ben, and there's even a photo op with one of four red English phone booths. The illuminated dance floor features a Union Jack flag. The Tube offers two live shows for their guests. "Pop!" will test guests' trivia knowledge about pop culture and "London Rocks!" brings English rock and roll to life with dancers, singers and audience participation. Drinks served here include the 1863 (the year London's Tube opened) with vanilla vodka and Imperial English Breakfast Tea.
Skyline has a chic penthouse feel and offers panoramic views of European skylines as they transform from day to night. From your seat, take in the views of St. Petersburg, Russia; Athens, Greece; Florence, Italy; Budapest, Hungary; Paris; London and Barcelona. As the skyline changes, so does the music, the art and the menu! Signature cocktails, inspired by the city of the day, are offered here. Because of its popularity on the Dream, Skyline on the Fantasy is one third bigger than its predecessor.
Meridian Bar is located on Deck 12 located between Palo and Remy. Enjoy a pre or post dinner cocktail in this adults only bar. The decor is inspired by the golden age of sea travel. A sextant navigational tool is embedded on the floor, the booths are decorated with buckles like old luggage and the walls are covered with leather maps and passport stamps.
With its 270-degree ocean view from high atop the ship on Deck 10, Palo has the loveliest view of all restaurants on the ship. Palo is adults 18 and over only, and reservations are required. This restaurant features outstanding Northern Italian cuisine prepared to order.
The view from Palo is spectacular due to the restaurant’s location on the ship, but please keep in mind that the view is only “viewable” before sunset. Around the perimeter of Palo is a walkway, which at night is illuminated by bright lights. After sunset, the only things visible from Palo are those bright lights and a reflection of the interior of the restaurant. We would certainly not let this deter us from taking an available reservation at a later time, but we like to let guests know that an earlier reservation is often easier to get and offers the addition of the spectacular view and sunset. A new feature on the Dream and the Fantasy is the option to dine outside on Palo's private teak deck.
Because your server does not follow you to this restaurant, a $15.00* cover charge per person is applied. In addition to dinner, Palo brunch (Palo Brunch Photos) is served at Palo on days at sea. The same $15.00 fee is charged. There is a "High Tea" offered on the Magic, the Dream and the Fantasy during the days at sea**. Reservations are required for all dining at Palo.
*Prices for Palo on the Dream and Fantasy will be $20 for dinner and brunch, and $10 for High Tea.
**Price for High Tea on the Magic is $5.
During dinner, gentlemen will be required to wear a dress shirt. Gentlemen wearing polo shirts, t-shirts, Tommy Bahama style shirts, etc will not be allowed admittance. Jackets and/or ties are recommended but not required. Notices will be in the Personal Navigator, on the Palo reservation card and a sign outside the elevators on deck 10 will contain this dress advisory. The Resort Casual dress code for both the brunch and high tea remains unchanged.
This adults-only premier dining location is located on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy. The French-inspired restaurant is named Remy, after the star of the hit film, "Ratatouille" and uses seasonal ingredients from around the world.
Chef Arnaud Lallement from l'Assiette Champenoise, a Michelin two-star restaurant in France, and Chef Scott Hunnel from Walt Disney World's signature restaurant Victoria & Albert's have teamed up to create the new menu. Dinner starts with a signature chilled Champagne cocktail and features eight or nine small courses. Remy has ocean views from its top deck location and is decorated in Art Nouveau style. Images of the character Remy are hidden throughout the design.
This meal has a $75 fee, plus $99 if you want wine pairings with your meal.
Dress code at Remy on all cruises:
- A tuxedo or jacket (sports or suit jacket) is required with dress pants for men. Ties are optional.
- A cocktail dress, pant suit or skirt/blouse is required for women.
- Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes
Smoking is not permitted in staterooms, stateroom verandahs, or any interior spaces on the ships. Guests who are found smoking in staterooms or on stateroom verandahs will receive a $250 charge to cover deep cleaning of the room, including air filter replacement, carpet removal, and the cleaning and replacement of curtains, bedding and pillows.
Smoking is permitted in the following areas:
- outside on Deck 4 Starboard (6pm - 6am)
- open-air starboard side Decks 9 and 10 (except around Mickey Pool area) - Wonder and Magic
- Starboard side of Currents (Deck 13 Forward) - Dream and Fantasy
- Outdoor area Port side of Meridian Lounge (Deck 12 aft) - Dream and Fantasy
Alcohol is permitted on board. Any fragile items (including bottles of alcohol) must be brought aboard in a carry-on bag not to exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage. Coolers are not allowed.
Guests can have a bottle of their own champagne or wine that has been brought onboard opened and served by a Wine Steward in the dining rooms. There will be a corking fee of $20.00 per bottle.
Any alcohol that a guest brings onboard may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.
Drinking age on the Disney Cruise ships is 21 years old, for all itineraries.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Discounts available on several 4-night sailings for Florida residents and U.S. Military - Florida residents and members of the U.S. Military are eligible for several discounted sailings.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 3
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Discounted rates offered by Disney Cruise Line - Once every month, Disney Cruise Line releases a list of discounted sailings. These rates are only available for a short time.
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $120 per night - Disney Cruise Line offers new military discounts weekly.
- Disney Cruise Line pricing for Florida residents released - Florida residents can save when booking a variety of sailings on Disney Cruise Line.
- Several Florida resident discounts available for 3-night Bahamian cruises - Prices start at $160 per night, per person.
- June 2 Alaska cruise added to Canadian resident 20% off discount - Discount is valid for the 5/24/14 9-night and the 6/2/14 7-night Alaska sailing out of Vancouver, Canada.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part I
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
A Disney Cruise Line crew member has been terminated for the alleged molestation of a 13-year-old girl onboard the Disney Dream.
- Parents of missing crew member sue Disney Cruise Line
Rebecca Coriam went missing at sea in 2011.
- Norway among Disney Cruise Line's new 2015 destinations
Disney Cruise Line will be sailing to several new ports in summer 2015.
- Car-rental complex to be built at Port Canaveral
The $2 million complex will hold three car-rental agencies.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.