Epcot - Captain EO
|Main Page||Future World||World Showcase|
|Map of Epcot||Mission: Space|
|Captain EO||Spaceship Earth|
|Imagination!||Universe of Energy|
|The Seas with Nemo and Friends||Restaurants/Dining|
|Turtle Talk with Crush||Shows and Events|
Opened: 1986-1994, 2010-present
Attraction length: 17 minutes
This classic 1986 music video is back "temporarily," but no end date has been announced. Captain EO uses 3D graphics, special effects in the theater and digital sound to make you feel like you're part of the show.
Michael Jackson stars as Captain EO who is on a mission to deliver a musical gift to an evil alien queen. An original song, "We are Here to Change the World", is used to fight the queen and her gang. Many well-known names were attached to this project, including producer George Lucas, director Francis Ford Coppola and actress Anjelica Huston.
"Captain EO" opened in Disneyland in 1986 and eventually closed in 1997, after versions had also been opened in Epcot, Tokyo Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris. They all closed a year later.
Handicapped Accessibility: ?Guests may remain in their wheelchair/ECV to experience this attraction. Reflective captioning and assistive listening devices are available. Due to the nature of the attraction, guests with service animals should check with a cast member before entering.
Honey I Shrunk the Audience - currently closed; Captain EO starring Michael Jackson returns for a "limited engagement"
"Honey I Shrunk the Audience" is found at the Magic Eye Theatre located at the "Imagination" pavilion.
It debuted in 1994 and is still a fairly popular attraction. FASTPASS is offered, but not often necessary.
"Honey I Shrunk the Audience" is shown in 3D so you'll be given special glasses to wear. After the pre-show, you're ushered into the theater.
The movie is set in the Imagination Institute where Professor Wayne Szalinski (Rick Moranis of "Honey…" movies fame) is being honored with the "Inventor of the Year" award. The emcee of the event is Dr. Nigel Channing (Eric Idle of Monty Python fame.) You'll also find him featured in the 'Journey into your Imagination' ride that's on the other side of this pavilion.
Through a series of mishaps, the audience is "shrunk". From that point on, you watch the show from a pocket-sized perspective. There are some terrific special effects that include fiber optics, smoke, lights and moving seats.
CAUTION: While the special effects are fun, some may be too intense for children. If you have a fear/phobia of mice or snakes, skip this one.
Length: 18 minutes long / 14 minute pre-show
- OKW Lover - "The theme of this 3D movie is a bit dated but its still good. Some of the extra touches might be a bit too intense for young children."
- njchris412 - "It is a very dated ride but a must do if you never been on it before, small children will frighten easily on this attraction, needs to be updated"
More Honey, I Shrunk the Audience Reviews
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
- Technical glitch causes Universal's Transformers ride to stall
- Report: Monorail evacuated after lightning strike
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
- Magic Kingdom guest got tips of fingers cut off on Pirates of the Caribbean
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom