Magic Kingdom - Fantasyland
Cinderella's Castle, the main entrance to Fantasyland, is the most photographed building at Walt Disney World. Over the years, it has undergone some changes, from being transformed to a large, pink, candy trimmed 25th Anniversary cake, to the more ornate gold-trimmed spectacle that was added to the facade during the Happiest Celebration on Earth.
Standing at 189 feet tall, the
graceful spires and towers were inspired by the French castles
of the 12th and 13th century, as well as Disney's animated
feature, Cinderella. The fairytale Castle may look like
the real thing, but it is actually made out of steel beams, plaster, concrete and fiberglass, not bricks.
Inside the Castle you'll see the Disney family coat of arms displayed. As you walk through the Castle, you'll see the intricate mosaic murals. These colorful masterpieces are made from over a million pieces of Italian glass in 500 colors, in addition to real silver and 14-karat gold pieces. The five 15' by 10' murals tell the "happily ever after" story of Cinderella.
The castle's look was inspired by a variety of real and fictional castles, such as Fontainebleau, Versailles and the chateaus of Chenonceau, Chambord and Chaumont, as well as the castle from the film "Cinderella" and Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland.
On the second floor is the Cinderella's Royal
This is one of the most highly coveted dining reservations on Disney property, so calling for advance dining reservations (ADRs) is a must for this popular
character dining venue. Cinderella and several of her princess friends will be in attendance at the meals and will pose for photos with guests.
One of the upper floors holds the Cinderella Suite. The suite was originally built as an apartment for Walt Disney (he had a similar one in Disneyland above the fire station), but he died before the Magic Kingdom opened in 1971. After that, the suite was used for the resort's phone operators, but they moved out once they outgrew the space. It was then remodeled for the "Year of a Million Dreams" promotion, when an overnight stay here was one of the most sought-after prizes Disney offered. It is still used for VIPs or special giveaways.
The forecourt area of the Castle is home to stage productions where the Disney characters perform daily. In the back courtyard area, you'll find a fountain with a bronze statue of Cinderella and her mouse and bird friends. Make a wish! The rose gardens in front of the Castle are a great spot to relax and simply absorb the magic that's around.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
- Technical glitch causes Universal's Transformers ride to stall
- Report: Monorail evacuated after lightning strike
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
- Magic Kingdom guest got tips of fingers cut off on Pirates of the Caribbean
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom