Magic Kingdom - Fantasyland
Fantasyland - Storybook Circus
The circus has rolled into town! Storybook Circus was inspired by the classic Disney animated film Dumbo. Filled with bright colors, circus posters and lively music, you will really feel like you just stepped into the movie. As you enter this land, don't forget to look down at the pavement - the circus animals have left behind their footprints, and the elephants even dropped a few peanut shells!
This area is home to several new or remodeled attractions. The Casey Jr. Soak 'N' Splash Station is a great place to let your youngsters cool off from the Florida sun. (Beware - they WILL get wet!) A perennial favorite, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, is now twice the fun with double spinners flying in opposite directions. While waiting for your turn on the classic attraction, spend time playing inside the Big Top in the interactive queue. Kids of all ages will enjoy the sights and sounds in Dumbo's circus tent. If Dumbo is too tame for you, head over to the Barnstormer featuring Goofy as the Great Goofini for a roller coaster just perfect for kids. (You may even find yourself enjoying this one!)
Big Top Souvenirs is the place to get your Storybook Circus merchandise. There are two embroidery stations where you can personalize your ear hats. Designed to look like a Big Top circus tent, this location is full of details. Take the time to look around - even the display units look like circus cars with decorative wheels. The top of the tent is decorated with circus lights and trapeze poles; on the ground you'll see a circus ring just waiting for its performers to step right in! A unique feature of this location is Big Top Treats, a show kitchen making cotton candy, caramel apples, "Goofy's Glaciers" drinks and more!
Pete's Silly Sideshow is a meet and greet area where guests can choose one of two lines, either meeting The Great Goofini (Goofy as a daredevil stunt pilot) and The Astounding Donaldo (Donald as a snake charmer) or Minnie Magnifique (Minnie as a circus star) and Madame Daisy Fortuna (Daisy as a fortune teller). This area will open 45 minutes after park opening, unless the Magic Kingdom has Extra Magic Hours (and during busy holiday seasons). It will close one hour before the park closes.
Storybook Circus at the Magic Kingdom features a centralized Fastpass location. Guests are able to get Fastpasses for Dumbo and The Barnstormer here, and some guests report getting one for each attraction at the same time. Normally only one Fastpass would be available until the return time frame was reached.
Storybook Circus is also home to the Fantasyland Station of the Walt Disney World Railroad.
It wouldn't be a circus without clowns! The Storybook Circus Giggle Gang is a group of clowns set out to entertain the guests with their wild shenanigans. Music will be provided by the Silly Saxtet, showing off their unique skills, and featuring Wowzer the clown and his amazing stunts. Chuckles Buffoon McMonkeyshine III and his proteges, Whinny Horselaugh and Snort, will bring the whole area to life!
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island" show cancelled at SeaWorld
- PBS plans Walt Disney biopic
- Release date set for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean film
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios