Disney's Hollywood Studios - American Idol
American Idol Experience - closed August 30, 2014
2011 American Idol Winner Scotty McCreery made an appearance at the American Idol Experience.
Opened: February 14, 2009
Kelly Clarkson wannabes can have their shot at fame at the new American Idol attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Guests can register for an audition before a producer to be cast in a theme park version of American Idol. If the producer deems them worthy, they'll be prepped with hair, make-up and a vocal coach to perform in front of a panel of American Idol judges and 'live' audience.
Those with the highest number of votes will compete at the end of day in the grand finale show. The winner of this daily event gets a guaranteed reservation at a future American Idol regional stadium audition without having to wait on the long lines. (That is the only advantage that the Disney Hollywood competition finalists have. They will still need to compete with the rest of the American Idol applicants at the regional auditions.)
The Disney competition will be open for guests age 14 and up. Since American Idol is limited to participants in the 16 to 28 year age group, the winner of Disney's contest can transfer their pass to a friend or family member or, in the case of those under age 16, save it for a future Idol competition. The pass cannot be sold.
The American Idol Attraction is developed in partnership with Simon Fuller's 19 Entertainment, the creative force behind Idol.
Handicapped Accessibility: This attraction is wheelchair accessible.
- American Idol Experience Blog Entry (Annual Passholder Preview)
- A Backstage Peek at American Idol Experience
- American Idol Attraction News Story
- American Idol Kris Allen visits Disney's Hollywood Studios
- MJ6987 - "Impressive show - like being at a real studio show. Interactive. Talent is variable though"
- safetymom - "If you are planning on auditioning be aware that your day of park touring can be tied up. You will need to audition, come back for one of the shows, if you make it to the final round you would sing in the last show of the day. The show is entertaining if you want to sit down for awhile. The shows are popular so you might want to get there early."
More American Idol Experience Reviews