Disney Entertainment News
Find the latest Disney entertainment news, movie announcements, TV updates, streaming stories, celebrity coverage, and rumors from The DIS.
Disney’s Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’ Loses Its Director
Disney’s live-action iteration of the 1940’s film Pinocchio, has been in the works for quite some time already, but the film has just suffered a major setback. Reportedly Sam Mendes will no longer be directing the upcoming feature that was written by Rogue One’s Chris Weitz. As we reported earlier this year, the Oscar-winning director … Disney’s Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’ Loses Its Director
Has Disney Been Hiding the Millennium Falcon?
Disney has managed to keep the details about their new Star Wars movies under wraps, but their strategy was breached this weekend by Google Maps. You may have seen the online photos where Google Maps shows the actual street views of addresses globally via satellite images that can be anywhere from one to three years … Has Disney Been Hiding the Millennium Falcon?
Disney’s Streaming Service Will Feature a Live Action Star Wars Series and Other Special Content
Although Disney’s recent Q4 earnings call discussed less-than-desirable performances in many areas, CEO Bob Iger revealed plenty of announcements for exciting developments in the near future that could keep Disney fans optimistic. While outlining the company’s direct-to-consumer focused strategy going forward, Iger gave us some insight into Disney’s upcoming streaming service that should begin in … Disney’s Streaming Service Will Feature a Live Action Star Wars Series and Other Special Content
ESPN Plus Streaming Service Launching in 2018
There was a ton of information packed into Disney’s Q4 earnings call yesterday. Potentially one of the biggest announcements was the ESPN Plus streaming service that will be launching in spring 2018. Disney CEO Bob Iger said that this new service will allow viewers to “stream our channels on an authenticated basis and subscribe to ESPN … ESPN Plus Streaming Service Launching in 2018
Director Rian Johnson Tapped to Create New Star Wars Trilogy
In a conference call for investors today, Walt Disney Company Chief Executive Officer Bob Iger announced that Star Wars: The Last Jedi writer-director Rian Johnson would create a new Star Wars trilogy. The new trilogy will expand from the original nine episode story arc into “a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before … Director Rian Johnson Tapped to Create New Star Wars Trilogy
Disney Premiers ‘Coco’ at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood
Coco, Disney · Pixar’s latest film, premiered on Wednesday night at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood, California. The event featured a pre-screening performance from a mariachi band and a pre-party. A theme throughout the night was the Latino heritage and Mexican pride displayed by the creators and voices behind the animated film. The movie has … Disney Premiers ‘Coco’ at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood
Details on the Disney Parks Holiday Specials Airing on the Disney Channel and Freeform
The Disney Parks Blog recently released information on the holiday specials that will air on the Disney Channel and Freeform this holiday season. While we have already reported the details and information on who will be performing for ABC’s “The Wonderful World of Disney: Magic Holiday Celebration” and “The Disney Parks Magical Christmas Celebration,” we … Details on the Disney Parks Holiday Specials Airing on the Disney Channel and Freeform
BREAKING: Disney Lifts Ban On Los Angeles Times Amid Fierce Backlash
The Walt Disney Company has received some hefty backlash for making the decision to blacklist the Los Angeles Times from their press screenings due to a story they published last month. In a shocking turn of events this afternoon, the company has chosen to reverse that decision. Disney said in a statement, “We’ve had productive discussions … BREAKING: Disney Lifts Ban On Los Angeles Times Amid Fierce Backlash
Journalists Boycott Movie Screenings In Response To Disney Blacklisting L.A. Times
In response to Disney blacklisting the Los Angeles Times from their holiday movie previews this past weekend, some journalists have stated they will not be attending Disney preview screenings until they continue to allow the Los Angeles Times access after their dispute. You can read more about the dispute by clicking here. Alyssa Rosenberg, a … Journalists Boycott Movie Screenings In Response To Disney Blacklisting L.A. Times
BREAKING: 21st Century Fox in Talks to Sell Studio and Other Assets to Disney
UPDATE: 11/7/17; 9:00 a.m. According to Bloomberg, Disney and Fox are no longer in talks and when asked for comment, both companies declined. * * * * * * * * 21st Century Fox’s stocks just spiked today after CNBC reported that talks have been held recently regarding them selling a majority of the media … BREAKING: 21st Century Fox in Talks to Sell Studio and Other Assets to Disney
Browse Categories
- Adventures by Disney
- Animal Kingdom
- Aulani
- Dining
- Discounts
- Disney At Home
- Disney California Adventure Park
- Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Cruise Line News
- Disney Merchandise
- Disney News
- Disney Springs
- Disney Vacation Club
- Disney Vacation Club News
- Disneyland
- Disneyland Paris
- Disneyland Resort News
- Disneyland Resorts
- Entertainment
- Entertainment News
- Epcot
- History
- Hollywood Studios
- Hong Kong Disneyland
- Magic Kingdom
- NatGeo
- News
- Planning
- Resort Hotels
- SeaWorld
- Travel News
- Universal
- Walt Disney World
- Walt Disney World News



