Disney chooses 2013-2014 Ambassadorsby Leah Zanolla
Oct 13, 2012
Every two years, two cast members are chosen to be Ambassadors for the Walt Disney World Resort. This tradition started in 1965 when Walt Disney became too busy to attend the multitude of events at which he was asked to appear. A two-month search process is completed to select two cast members who "exemplify the talent and excellence of Walt Disney World Resort and demonstrate an understanding of the company's heritage and, above all, Disney passion."
Tye Arnold and Rich Tamayo were selected to represent Walt Disney World's 64,000 cast members from January 2013 through December 2014. Tye and Rich were presented with gold pins at a special ceremony in the American pavilion at Epcot. Some events they may be asked to participate in include "community events, helping build playgrounds, sorting school supplies for children, greeting special guests and honoring fellow cast members for anniversaries and milestones."
All Disney parks around the world have Ambassadors, though the tradition started at the original Disney park, Disneyland in California. Disneyland's ambassadors for 2013-2014 were recently chosen as well. Sachiko White and Megan Navarette will represent the 23,000 west coast Disney cast members at special events and by doing community outreach. George Kalogridis, President of the Disneyland Resort, said, "After a rigorous training and interview process, the pair has demonstrated the depth of their Disney knowledge and passion for being a Disney cast member, and we look forward to their community outreach efforts over the next two years."
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Other Disneyland News Stories
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
DIS DISNEYLAND UPDATES
- World of Color Late-Night Breakfast Package for the 24-Hour Party - In addition to their normal lunch and dinner packages, California Adventure will be offering a late-night breakfast World of Color package on May 22nd/23rd with reserved viewing for a 3am show.
- DISAPALOOZA Diagon Alley Party - December 05, 2015 - Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc, The DIS and the DISUnplugged are proud to announce details of this year's DISapalooza Event. We will be renting out all of Diagon Alley for the enjoyment of our guests! December 05, 2015 (9:00 p.m. - midnight) Price: $75/person
- What are your favorite souvenirs from Disney? - Souvenirs can be a great way to remember a special moment you had at the parks or even just a way to bring Disney into your everyday life.
- Mother's Day offerings at the Disneyland Resort - Several locations throughout the Resort will offer special menu items on May 10th in honor of Mother's Day.
- VIDEO: Peter Pan's Flight Pre-2015 Refurb POV at Disneyland - This is one of Park's original 17 attractions.
- Five Things You Should Know Before Visiting Disneyland Paris
- Disney Myth buster: A Disney Vacation is Too Expensive - Let's break down the numbers and compare exactly how Disney stacks up against other common vacation destinations.
- What's in your Disney park bag?
See AllDL DISCUSSIONS