Indy Racing Experience
Walt Disney Speedway Orlando
- Indy Racing Experience Video
- Indy Racing Experience Photos
- Blog about the Indy Racing Experience
- Motor Sports Travel Information
The Indy Racing Experience puts you in a real IndyCar Series Car. These cars have been retrofitted for two passengers. Depending on which experience you choose, you can either sit behind a professional driver or take part in the driving program that puts you behind the wheel of an actual IndyCar.
The Indy Racing Experience has 2 different programs available in Orlando:
You ride as a passenger. The car, with authentic racing powerplant, can reach speeds up to 130mph as you make 3 laps around the course.
$109 - Plus Tax
You follow a lead car making 1 warm up lap, 6 laps at speed and 1 cool down lap. You determine the speed you're comfortable with as you race the course.
$399 - Plus Tax
Book either online or by calling 1-888-357-5002
The Indy Racing Experience will take place daily at 4:00pm until sundown. Participants need to arrive by 3:00pm for classroom instruction and to fill out the required paperwork.
When you arrive and have signed the waivers, you'll be fitted in a full fire suit, helmet, gloves and fire shoes. (Dress comfortably and please bring socks.)
From here you'll go through an orientation if your doing a drive program. You'll learn how the car works and every effort will be made to ensure that you're comfortable both in and out of the car.
There will be a special sitting area where guests can watch you drive and take photos/video of your experience which I definately reccommend doing since they don't offer the photo and video options such at Richard Petty Driving Experience.
When using Disney transportation, take the Richard Petty Driving Experience Shuttle from the Ticket and Transportation Center which picks up next to the Magic Kingdom Kennel.
Please note that all programs are subject to close if the weather is inclement. Call ahead to verify that the track is open.
Real cars real history - Check out some past stats put up by the car you'll be driving!
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit