Indy Racing Experience
Walt Disney Speedway Orlando
- Indy Racing Experience Video
- Indy Racing Experience Photos
- Blog about the Indy Racing Experience
- Motor Sports Travel Information
The Indy Racing Experience puts you in a real IndyCar Series Car. These cars have been retrofitted for two passengers. Depending on which experience you choose, you can either sit behind a professional driver or take part in the driving program that puts you behind the wheel of an actual IndyCar.
The Indy Racing Experience has 2 different programs available in Orlando:
You ride as a passenger. The car, with authentic racing powerplant, can reach speeds up to 130mph as you make 3 laps around the course.
$109 - Plus Tax
You follow a lead car making 1 warm up lap, 6 laps at speed and 1 cool down lap. You determine the speed you're comfortable with as you race the course.
$399 - Plus Tax
Book either online or by calling 1-888-357-5002
The Indy Racing Experience will take place daily at 4:00pm until sundown. Participants need to arrive by 3:00pm for classroom instruction and to fill out the required paperwork.
When you arrive and have signed the waivers, you'll be fitted in a full fire suit, helmet, gloves and fire shoes. (Dress comfortably and please bring socks.)
From here you'll go through an orientation if your doing a drive program. You'll learn how the car works and every effort will be made to ensure that you're comfortable both in and out of the car.
There will be a special sitting area where guests can watch you drive and take photos/video of your experience which I definately reccommend doing since they don't offer the photo and video options such at Richard Petty Driving Experience.
When using Disney transportation, take the Richard Petty Driving Experience Shuttle from the Ticket and Transportation Center which picks up next to the Magic Kingdom Kennel.
Please note that all programs are subject to close if the weather is inclement. Call ahead to verify that the track is open.
Real cars real history - Check out some past stats put up by the car you'll be driving!
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.