What Will You Celebrate? 2010
"Give a Day. Get a Disney Day."
This program is now closed.
What will you celebrate? Walt Disney World and Disneyland in California is featuring "Celebration Vacations" and encouraging guests to volunteer in their local community.
- Details of "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day."
- Vacation Add-ons
- Book Your Disney Vacation Today!!
- Read what people are saying about the "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day" promotion on the DISboards
2010 Disney Parks Promotion
In the hopes of encouraging a spirit of volunteerism, Disney is asking guests to pick a charitable organization from a list Disney itself provides. After completing a day volunteering with this organization, you will be given a certificate to redeem for a Disney theme park ticket. If a participating guest already has an admission ticket, they may choose from: a special fastpass, an EarHat figurine with exclusive trading pins, or the option to donate your park ticket to a participating charity.
NOTE: One thing that will change about 2010's celebration is that Disney is no longer offering a special gift on your birthday. In 2009, guests had the option on their birthdays of choosing a one-day park ticket, a $75 Disney gift card, or a special fastpass.
To read more about this volunteer program, click here.
To visit Disney's official website for rules, regulations, or to register, click here.
Muppets Pre-Parade - The pre-parade takes place before the afternoon parade at the Magic Kingdom and features the Muppets and the honorary VoluntEars. The focus of the parade is on the Give a Day, Get a Disney Day program.
"Celebrate! A Dream Come True Parade" - 3:00 parade.
Magic Kingdom Parade at Walt Disney World. Parade route starts at Town Square and continues through Frontierland.
Magic Kingdom "Move It! Shake it! Celebrate It!" - The route of this parade is similar to the discontinued Family Fun Day parade, which starts at Town Square and moves down Main Street. Similar to the Block Party Bash, this will take place multiple times a day and will involve guest participation (12-15 guests). This parade will include contemporary songs (Breakout by Miley Cyrus), stilt walkers, floats, Disney characters, and much more.
Different Costumes for Characters - All of the Disney characters have a celebration costume..Goofy as a Jester.
Illuminations Celebration Addition - Illumintations "Refelctions of Earth" at Epcot has a celebration overlay added to it.
Street Parties: The call to “Celebrate Today!” as "the happiest party on Earth" begins with music and dancing.
Tomorrowland Party: Stitch and a DJ invite guests to join with the interactive dance troupe and party to to retro-futuristic music.
Park Décor: Party hats, balloons and banners decorate the parks.
Buttons: Complimentary celebration buttons continue to be given out to guests celebrating a special occasion. "Just Engaged"
Special cakes and desserts at participating restaurants.
- The Disney Florist offer celebratory in-room
decorations and products.
- Custom Bakery Cakes and Signature Desserts: A new line of celebration desserts and decorated cakes can be ordered. The "My Mini Cake Surprise" is a themed, personal size cake with a special surprise included. (407) WDW-DINE
- Sweetheart Dinner for Two: Prix Fixe dinner featuring souvenir “Celebrate Today!” champagne flutes.
- Family Portraits: Portrait sessions with a Walt Disney World photographer.Capture the memory with a portrait session with Walt Disney World photographers. (407) WDW-DINE
- Personalized Souvenirs: Personalized Mouse ears, character T-shirts, pins and more
- Decorate Your Disney Guest Room: Have your Disney resort room decorated with banners, confetti and special surprises to celebrate a Birthday, Congratulations, or a Disney Welcome. (407) W-DISNEY
- Magical Pop Up Party Pack: Goodie Bag with activities and surprise pop-up centerpiece. (407) WDW-DINE
- Stay Inside a Dream Theme: Book a themed guest room featuring Pirate Themed rooms at Walt Disney World and Princess or Mickey themed rooms in Disneyland.
- Set Sail: Book a private cruise on a yacht or join in a shared magical fireworks cruise
- Go Inside the Magic: Behind-the-scenes tours
- Disney Story Book Experiences: Choose from pirate adventures, tea parties, princess makeovers, etc.
- Disneyland Parties: “Celebration Roundup and Barbecue at Big Thunder Ranch,” featuring frontier entertainment, goodie bags and a surprise treat for everyone. “My Disneyland Birthday Party” features cake decorating, party hats and visits by Mickey and Minnie.
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Hollywood Studios