Toy Story - The Musical
Presented in the Walt Disney Theater onboard the Disney Wonder cruise ship, Toy Story The Musical is a nice addition to the family friendly, well produced and thoroughly enjoyable stage shows one comes to expect from Disney Cruise Line.
Disney's entertainment division has pulled out all the stops for this production and it shows. Using a mix of live action, animation, pyrotechnics, flying apparatus, larger than life costumes, great set design and a mostly original score I have no doubt that families will love Toy Story the Musical.
The stage show very closely follows the story of the first Toy Story movie, so kids will love the familiarity. The story has been tightened up a little to fit the format needed to accommodate two shows a night between dinner seatings. There are several original songs and all are performed very well by an extremely talented cast.
For the most part the songs and music are pleasant accompaniments to the story but at their worst they serve to bring the action to a grinding halt. They seem to lack a sense of charm that the story itself conveys and, for the most part, there is little if anything new being done either musically or lyrically.
The one exception to this is the song "Make A Little Noise" sung by the character Sid, the bad boy next-door that all the toys fear. An energetic and rock inspired beat propel the clever lyrics to a place beyond where the rest of the music dares to tread.
As a whole Toy Story The Musical is a well produced and executed stage adaption of a beloved animated feature. One ‘issue’ is the way they decided to incorporate the 'human' characters with the toys. It is understandable that with theater one should 'suspend disbelief' but there were times when the scale was so far off that it became distracting and even disjointed.
There is no doubt that Disney Fans and Disney Cruise Line passengers will love this production. It is a greatly appreciated addition to the nighttime entertainment offerings onboard the Disney Wonder.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 3
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Discounted rates offered by Disney Cruise Line - Once every month, Disney Cruise Line releases a list of discounted sailings. These rates are only available for a short time.
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $120 per night - Disney Cruise Line offers new military discounts weekly.
- Disney Cruise Line pricing for Florida residents released - Florida residents can save when booking a variety of sailings on Disney Cruise Line.
- Several Florida resident discounts available for 3-night Bahamian cruises - Prices start at $160 per night, per person.
- June 2 Alaska cruise added to Canadian resident 20% off discount - Discount is valid for the 5/24/14 9-night and the 6/2/14 7-night Alaska sailing out of Vancouver, Canada.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part I
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
A Disney Cruise Line crew member has been terminated for the alleged molestation of a 13-year-old girl onboard the Disney Dream.
- Parents of missing crew member sue Disney Cruise Line
Rebecca Coriam went missing at sea in 2011.
- Norway among Disney Cruise Line's new 2015 destinations
Disney Cruise Line will be sailing to several new ports in summer 2015.
- Car-rental complex to be built at Port Canaveral
The $2 million complex will hold three car-rental agencies.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.