Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station Review
by Kevin Klose
I live 15 miles from Walt Disney World. I have an annual pass. I am smart enough to know that local folks do not go to the Magic Kingdom the week prior to Easter, on a 90 degree day, with 100% humidity, in the rain.
Throwing better judgement to the wind, me and 3 bazillion of my closest strangers, each pushing a carriage containing a sleeping or crying child headed for the Magic Kingdom today. They were looking for a day of wonder and magic, I had a different agenda.
The Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station has opened and I knew you were going to want the details.
While waiting in line for the Ferry from the Ticket and Transportation Center (Had to wait for the third Ferry….the first two filled and left without me), I decided that you didn’t need this information. I could go back to my quiet and uncrowded home with my beloved air conditioner and you would never know. Giving it a second (third and fourth) thought, I realized that it was my duty to get this information out there..
The Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station has taken the place of the Tomorrowland Terrace. It’s located at the entrance to Tomorrowland on the right side, opposite Stitch’s Great Escape. (For those of you who are directionally challenged….turn right at the Ice Cream Shop at the end of Main Street).
The Tomorrowland Terrace was a great looking place architecturally, that served mediocre to poor burgers, hotdogs, fries and the like. It was all typical and typically bad, but it was served in this great, terraced, open air space overlooking the gardens and Cinderella’s Castle. The architecture was early 70’s Modern but in an awesome location. For trivia buffs, the roof is where Tink lands when she makes he flight from the Castle prior to the fireworks.
The smart folks who make these decisions have done very little to alter this space. It’s received a fresh coat of paint in subtle shades of blues and gray and the multicolored furniture is now also gray. There is new (and subtle) signage, The beautiful terrazzo floors and great views are all left intact.. Big applause to those who saw fit to let this place stay simple and wonderful.
On to the best part… the food at the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station is very good, served in HUGE portions and not outrageously expensive. At this point, I am going to do something that makes you think,,,.boy…is this guy cool or what? I am going to include the entire menu so that you can see for yourself, what I am talking about.
Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station Menu
Shrimp Noodle Bowl ……………...$7.99
Wok-seared shrimp served over noodles with assorted vegetable in a garlic chilli broth.
Chicken Noodle Bowl……………...$7.29
Wok-seared chicken served over noodles with assorted vegetables in a garlic chili broth.
Vegetable Noodle Bowl……………$6.79
Wok-seared Tofu served over noodles with assorted vegetables in a mushroom broth.
Served with Chip
Pork Steamed Bun………..………...$5.99
Freshly steaqmed bun stuffed with shredded barbecue pork and Asian slaw
Stir Fry Selection
Teriyaki Stir Fry…………………….$6.49
Chicken, vegetables and steamed rice served with Teriyaki Sauce.
Shrimp Pad Thai…………………….$7.99
Wok-fired shrimp, rice noodles, eggs, herbs and cashews in a tamarind-peanut flavored sauce.
Lo Mien with Chicken………………$6.99
Wok-fired chicken, vegetables and lo mien noodles in a sesame flavored sauce.
Asian Inspired Salads
Cashew Chicken Salad………………..$7.49
Grilled chicken, fresh bok choy, Napa cabbage and vegetables tossed in our house dressing and garnished with toasted cashews.
Mandarin Orange and Spinach Salad…$6.49
Fresh greens with marinated chicken, red and yellow peppers, cucumbers and onions, tossed in our house dressing and garnished with fried pasta
Chicken Stir Fry………………………….$3.99
Sauteed chicken and vegetables tossed with lo mien noodles in Hoisin sauce, served with sugar free Jello, fortune cookie and choice of child’s beverage.
Chicken Noodle Soup…………………….$3.99
Chicken noodle soup served with sugar free Jello, fortune cookie and choice of child’s beverage.
Terikayi Stir Fry………………………….$3.99
Chicken, vegetables and steamed rice served with Teriyaki sauce, served with sugar free Jello, fortune cookie and choice of child’s beverage.
Wok fired pork dumplings served with dipping sauce.
Fried Egg Roll……………………………..$2.39
Chocolate Cake topped with Fortune Cookie…$2.29
Ginger infused Crème Brulee………….…...…$1.99
See? Told you that you’d think I was cool.
There you have it. This is the full menu from the Magic Kingdom’s newest eating establishment. The Noodle Station also has the full line of soft drinks, coffees, milks and juices that you would expect.
Our party of four had the children’s Chicken Noodle Soup, Lo Mien with Chicken, Shrimp Pad Thai, Cashew Chicken salad, a large decaf coffee and a large soft drink. The total was $32.00 and change..
As I said earlier, the food was tasty, there were huge portions and it didn’t break the bank. And to top all of this….we got to sit in one of the parts of Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom that has changed very little since opening in 1971. You cant beat that with a big old stick.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
- Universal Orlando follows Disney's lead and raises ticket prices