Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station Review
by Kevin Klose
I live 15 miles from Walt Disney World. I have an annual pass. I am smart enough to know that local folks do not go to the Magic Kingdom the week prior to Easter, on a 90 degree day, with 100% humidity, in the rain.
Throwing better judgement to the wind, me and 3 bazillion of my closest strangers, each pushing a carriage containing a sleeping or crying child headed for the Magic Kingdom today. They were looking for a day of wonder and magic, I had a different agenda.
The Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station has opened and I knew you were going to want the details.
While waiting in line for the Ferry from the Ticket and Transportation Center (Had to wait for the third Ferry….the first two filled and left without me), I decided that you didn’t need this information. I could go back to my quiet and uncrowded home with my beloved air conditioner and you would never know. Giving it a second (third and fourth) thought, I realized that it was my duty to get this information out there..
The Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station has taken the place of the Tomorrowland Terrace. It’s located at the entrance to Tomorrowland on the right side, opposite Stitch’s Great Escape. (For those of you who are directionally challenged….turn right at the Ice Cream Shop at the end of Main Street).
The Tomorrowland Terrace was a great looking place architecturally, that served mediocre to poor burgers, hotdogs, fries and the like. It was all typical and typically bad, but it was served in this great, terraced, open air space overlooking the gardens and Cinderella’s Castle. The architecture was early 70’s Modern but in an awesome location. For trivia buffs, the roof is where Tink lands when she makes he flight from the Castle prior to the fireworks.
The smart folks who make these decisions have done very little to alter this space. It’s received a fresh coat of paint in subtle shades of blues and gray and the multicolored furniture is now also gray. There is new (and subtle) signage, The beautiful terrazzo floors and great views are all left intact.. Big applause to those who saw fit to let this place stay simple and wonderful.
On to the best part… the food at the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station is very good, served in HUGE portions and not outrageously expensive. At this point, I am going to do something that makes you think,,,.boy…is this guy cool or what? I am going to include the entire menu so that you can see for yourself, what I am talking about.
Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station Menu
Shrimp Noodle Bowl ……………...$7.99
Wok-seared shrimp served over noodles with assorted vegetable in a garlic chilli broth.
Chicken Noodle Bowl……………...$7.29
Wok-seared chicken served over noodles with assorted vegetables in a garlic chili broth.
Vegetable Noodle Bowl……………$6.79
Wok-seared Tofu served over noodles with assorted vegetables in a mushroom broth.
Served with Chip
Pork Steamed Bun………..………...$5.99
Freshly steaqmed bun stuffed with shredded barbecue pork and Asian slaw
Stir Fry Selection
Teriyaki Stir Fry…………………….$6.49
Chicken, vegetables and steamed rice served with Teriyaki Sauce.
Shrimp Pad Thai…………………….$7.99
Wok-fired shrimp, rice noodles, eggs, herbs and cashews in a tamarind-peanut flavored sauce.
Lo Mien with Chicken………………$6.99
Wok-fired chicken, vegetables and lo mien noodles in a sesame flavored sauce.
Asian Inspired Salads
Cashew Chicken Salad………………..$7.49
Grilled chicken, fresh bok choy, Napa cabbage and vegetables tossed in our house dressing and garnished with toasted cashews.
Mandarin Orange and Spinach Salad…$6.49
Fresh greens with marinated chicken, red and yellow peppers, cucumbers and onions, tossed in our house dressing and garnished with fried pasta
Chicken Stir Fry………………………….$3.99
Sauteed chicken and vegetables tossed with lo mien noodles in Hoisin sauce, served with sugar free Jello, fortune cookie and choice of child’s beverage.
Chicken Noodle Soup…………………….$3.99
Chicken noodle soup served with sugar free Jello, fortune cookie and choice of child’s beverage.
Terikayi Stir Fry………………………….$3.99
Chicken, vegetables and steamed rice served with Teriyaki sauce, served with sugar free Jello, fortune cookie and choice of child’s beverage.
Wok fired pork dumplings served with dipping sauce.
Fried Egg Roll……………………………..$2.39
Chocolate Cake topped with Fortune Cookie…$2.29
Ginger infused Crème Brulee………….…...…$1.99
See? Told you that you’d think I was cool.
There you have it. This is the full menu from the Magic Kingdom’s newest eating establishment. The Noodle Station also has the full line of soft drinks, coffees, milks and juices that you would expect.
Our party of four had the children’s Chicken Noodle Soup, Lo Mien with Chicken, Shrimp Pad Thai, Cashew Chicken salad, a large decaf coffee and a large soft drink. The total was $32.00 and change..
As I said earlier, the food was tasty, there were huge portions and it didn’t break the bank. And to top all of this….we got to sit in one of the parts of Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom that has changed very little since opening in 1971. You cant beat that with a big old stick.
- Happy 15th Birthday to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith! - The attraction originally opened its doors at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 29, 1999.
- Victoria & Albert's will no longer accept Tables in Wonderland - This begins August 1, 2014.
- Summertime Pals Ink & Paint Cel release - This limited release will be available at the event, or pre-order by September 25 at 5:00pm EST.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- High-speed train will link Shanghai Disneyland to city
- "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island" show cancelled at SeaWorld
- PBS plans Walt Disney biopic
- Release date set for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean film
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine