Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station Review
by Kevin Klose
I live 15 miles from Walt Disney World. I have an annual pass. I am smart enough to know that local folks do not go to the Magic Kingdom the week prior to Easter, on a 90 degree day, with 100% humidity, in the rain.
Throwing better judgement to the wind, me and 3 bazillion of my closest strangers, each pushing a carriage containing a sleeping or crying child headed for the Magic Kingdom today. They were looking for a day of wonder and magic, I had a different agenda.
The Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station has opened and I knew you were going to want the details.
While waiting in line for the Ferry from the Ticket and Transportation Center (Had to wait for the third Ferry….the first two filled and left without me), I decided that you didn’t need this information. I could go back to my quiet and uncrowded home with my beloved air conditioner and you would never know. Giving it a second (third and fourth) thought, I realized that it was my duty to get this information out there..
The Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station has taken the place of the Tomorrowland Terrace. It’s located at the entrance to Tomorrowland on the right side, opposite Stitch’s Great Escape. (For those of you who are directionally challenged….turn right at the Ice Cream Shop at the end of Main Street).
The Tomorrowland Terrace was a great looking place architecturally, that served mediocre to poor burgers, hotdogs, fries and the like. It was all typical and typically bad, but it was served in this great, terraced, open air space overlooking the gardens and Cinderella’s Castle. The architecture was early 70’s Modern but in an awesome location. For trivia buffs, the roof is where Tink lands when she makes he flight from the Castle prior to the fireworks.
The smart folks who make these decisions have done very little to alter this space. It’s received a fresh coat of paint in subtle shades of blues and gray and the multicolored furniture is now also gray. There is new (and subtle) signage, The beautiful terrazzo floors and great views are all left intact.. Big applause to those who saw fit to let this place stay simple and wonderful.
On to the best part… the food at the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station is very good, served in HUGE portions and not outrageously expensive. At this point, I am going to do something that makes you think,,,.boy…is this guy cool or what? I am going to include the entire menu so that you can see for yourself, what I am talking about.
Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station Menu
Shrimp Noodle Bowl ……………...$7.99
Wok-seared shrimp served over noodles with assorted vegetable in a garlic chilli broth.
Chicken Noodle Bowl……………...$7.29
Wok-seared chicken served over noodles with assorted vegetables in a garlic chili broth.
Vegetable Noodle Bowl……………$6.79
Wok-seared Tofu served over noodles with assorted vegetables in a mushroom broth.
Served with Chip
Pork Steamed Bun………..………...$5.99
Freshly steaqmed bun stuffed with shredded barbecue pork and Asian slaw
Stir Fry Selection
Teriyaki Stir Fry…………………….$6.49
Chicken, vegetables and steamed rice served with Teriyaki Sauce.
Shrimp Pad Thai…………………….$7.99
Wok-fired shrimp, rice noodles, eggs, herbs and cashews in a tamarind-peanut flavored sauce.
Lo Mien with Chicken………………$6.99
Wok-fired chicken, vegetables and lo mien noodles in a sesame flavored sauce.
Asian Inspired Salads
Cashew Chicken Salad………………..$7.49
Grilled chicken, fresh bok choy, Napa cabbage and vegetables tossed in our house dressing and garnished with toasted cashews.
Mandarin Orange and Spinach Salad…$6.49
Fresh greens with marinated chicken, red and yellow peppers, cucumbers and onions, tossed in our house dressing and garnished with fried pasta
Chicken Stir Fry………………………….$3.99
Sauteed chicken and vegetables tossed with lo mien noodles in Hoisin sauce, served with sugar free Jello, fortune cookie and choice of child’s beverage.
Chicken Noodle Soup…………………….$3.99
Chicken noodle soup served with sugar free Jello, fortune cookie and choice of child’s beverage.
Terikayi Stir Fry………………………….$3.99
Chicken, vegetables and steamed rice served with Teriyaki sauce, served with sugar free Jello, fortune cookie and choice of child’s beverage.
Wok fired pork dumplings served with dipping sauce.
Fried Egg Roll……………………………..$2.39
Chocolate Cake topped with Fortune Cookie…$2.29
Ginger infused Crème Brulee………….…...…$1.99
See? Told you that you’d think I was cool.
There you have it. This is the full menu from the Magic Kingdom’s newest eating establishment. The Noodle Station also has the full line of soft drinks, coffees, milks and juices that you would expect.
Our party of four had the children’s Chicken Noodle Soup, Lo Mien with Chicken, Shrimp Pad Thai, Cashew Chicken salad, a large decaf coffee and a large soft drink. The total was $32.00 and change..
As I said earlier, the food was tasty, there were huge portions and it didn’t break the bank. And to top all of this….we got to sit in one of the parts of Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom that has changed very little since opening in 1971. You cant beat that with a big old stick.
- Perfectly Prepared Princess Package available at Ivy Trellis Salon - From January 8, 2015 through March, young princesses can get a princess hairdo, glitter and tiara for $50 and add princess makeup for $25. For $90, choose hair, makeup and manicure.
- Take a Break From the Wait: Minimal Wait Times In The Magic Kingdom
- (Really) Running around in Walt Disney World
- Haunted Mansion reopens after refurb - The attraction has been closed since the beginning of the month.
- 3 Must-See Character Spots That You Might Have Missed - Today, we will look specifically at 3 Character Meet & Greets that we were completely unaware of and that absolutely made our trip.
- STK Orlando to open at Disney Springs, plus other retailers apply - STK will open in 2015.
- Blog - Christmas by the Numbers at Walt Disney World
- Trattoria al Forno now open at Disney's BoardWalk - This Italian restaurant has opened in the space vacated by Kouzzina by Cat Cora.
- Disney World for College Students: The Spring Break Alternative - When one thinks of Walt Disney World they often think of a place fit for families and little kids and while that is true the allure is for many more. It is certainly not a Spring Breakers-esque destination for college kids but, it can be a great time for all who want to go.
- 4 Reasons Why Tomorrowland Needs Change
- Traveling with kids Part 2 - Bites - Anyone who has traveled with kids knows how important it is to keep them well-fed and hydrated. Actually, that's just a good rule in general...
- Registration now open for the 2015 Expedition Everest Challenge - This event will be held 5/1-5/2/15.
- How Magically Sluggish WiFi Made My Disney Experience Perfect
- Woman dead after car collides with Disney bus - A Windermere, FL, woman is dead after her car collided with a Disney bus.
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party sold out on December 16 - The only available date remaining is December 18.
- Do You Remember the First Time? - I still have very clear memories about my first visit all those years ago. It was 1980, and even though I only spent two days in the Magic Kingdom, as that was the only park to visit, something about the experience clearly resonated deeply with me.
- Information and artist renderings of new Polynesian DVC property - There will be 20 Bungalows and 360 Deluxe Studios.
- Beginning 3/8/15, characters will be at Tusker House dinners - Reservations are now available.
- Aulani plans Christmas festivities - There will be seasonal crafts, movie nights, Christmas dinner and a Holiday Starlit Hui.
- Traveling With Kids Part 1 - Boredom - In this article, Iíll specifically talk about Boredom and some ways to keep the kids entertained while you travel.
- Itinerary change for 12/19/15 Disney Fantasy sailing - This sailing will visit Tortola instead of St. Maarten.
- One Band's Dream | Why Walt would have loved the idea of Magic Bands and FastPass+ - I tend to give Disney the benefit of the doubt in most cases. I want to think that Walt's grand idea of a magical place for families to come and enjoy is still the driving force behind the company. When listening to responses to Fast Pass+ and Magic Bands however, that doesn't seem to be a popular viewpoint. So I am going to come to the defense of these programs and try and offer a slightly more optimistic point of view.
- Purchase tickets directly through My Disney Experience app - Guests can now purchase tickets directly through My Disney Experience. Tickets can be 1-10 days, either one-park or park hoppers. Tickets can be assigned to existing Family and Friends and then Fastpass+ reservations can be made.
- What to Expect When You're Expecting... at Disney - There are many reasons a woman might find herself on a Disney parks vacation while pregnant. Maybe an older child is celebrating a big birthday. Maybe itís a family reunion. Maybe this trip was planned well in advance and now youíre facing it with a happy bundle of joy on the way.
- Blog - Frozen Welcomes the Hour of Code
- "The Taste of Hollywood Winter Holiday Grab n Go" boxed meals offered at Hollywood Studios - These are available from 12/24-12/31 and include reserved seating for Fantasmic.
- Update on check-in times for Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party - If your reservation is between 6:00 and 6:20pm, you should check in one hour before the fireworks.
- Exposition Park, home to the Disney food trucks, opens at Downtown Disney - This area is located between Bongo's Cuban Cafe and Starbucks.
- Memory Maker pre-purchase price raised to $169 - The price was previously $149.
- Character meals planned for Star Wars Weekends - The Jedi Mickey's Star Wars Dine and the Star Wars Galactic Dine-In Breakfast are back for the second year.
- The Paul McKenna Band joins entertainment at United Kingdom Pavilion - The 4-piece acoustic folk band will perform several times daily.
- Dates announced for 2015 Star Wars Weekends - The event will be held Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, May 15 - June 14, 2015
- December merchandise events at Walt Disney World - Meet Disney artists for signings and appearances around Walt Disney World.
- runDisney reveals medals for Princess Half Marathon Weekend - This event will be held 2/19/15 - 2/22/15.
- Blog - Peter Pan's Flight's new queue opens at Magic Kingdom
- Tangled Tributes - Kingdom Crossing at the Magic Kingdom - I've been through here many times, but after watching the movie so many times recently, I was really struck by all the details here in the theming. There are so many little nods to the film that most guests probably just walk right by.
- Candlelight Processional begins tonight with narrator Jodi Benson - The Candlelight Processional takes place November 28 - December 30, 2014.
- Blog - Vintage Christmas Merchandise at Walt Disney World
- VIDEO: 2014 Walt Disney World Holiday Showcase - Join JeniLynn Knopp of the DIS Unplugged as she speaks with Steven Miller about holiday merchandise and shopping, Robert Hargrove and Santa Stitch about holiday entertainment, and Flash, Garland and The Boss about decorating Walt Disney World!
- 3 Surprising Things About Working at Mission: SPACE - Hereís a few of the things I learned about the attraction and about being a cast member at Mission: SPACE.
- Blog - A Weekend at Give Kids the World Village
- Christmas Eve dinner available for Disney Vacation Club members - The dinner will include a buffet, Christmas carolers and photo ops with Mickey and Minnie.
- Walt Disney World New Year's Eve dining information - Many of the restaurants will offer special meals or dining events to celebrate the holiday.
- Discounts and payment plans available at Walt Disney World Speedway - Several of the driving experiences are available with a discount through the holidays.
- Epcot's Canadian Lumberjack show on hiatus - The show will resume 1/4/15.
- Play nine holes of golf at Disney for just $29 - Play 9 holes at the Disney golf courses starting anytime between 7:00 and 8:30am for just $29.
- Details for 2015 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - Anna and Elsa topiaries will be on display at World Showcase Plaza.
- Epcot's Spice Road Table now accepts reservations - Reservations are available beginning December 2.
- The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special to return to Hollywood Studios - This improvisational comedy show will return to the Premier Theater at Hollywood Studios from December 21, 2014 - January 4, 2015.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Magic Kingdom Hub - Cinderella Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Magic Kingdom Hub - Cinderella Castle
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - The Diamond Horseshoe Balcony - The Diamond Horseshoe - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at The Diamond Horseshoe Balcony - The Diamond Horseshoe
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - Discount is available most nights 4/6 - 6/15/15.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Bay Lake Tower 15th Floor - Magic Kingdom - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Bay Lake Tower 15th Floor - Magic Kingdom
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party sold out on November 20 - There are still many MVMCP dates available.
- Plan B Character Dining at Walt Disney World - If youíre looking to make a reservation for a character meal and canít get one, weíve got a couple of suggestions for places you may not have thought of.
- Blizzard Beach to be closed November 17 due to cold temperatures - Typhoon Lagoon is already closed for its annual refurbishment.
- Top 5(+) things that are better at Walt Disney World than at Disneyland - Bigger may not always be better, but isn't always worse either. I can't resist countering with an article that lists, in my view, the things that are better at Walt Disney World.
- Guests meeting Santa at Downtown Disney have new notification option - Guests will get pagers if the wait exceeds 30 minutes (or they can choose to receive a text message instead). When their pager goes off and they return to Santa's Chalet, they will have about a 20 minute wait.
- Disney Visa cardholders get a special gift when taking advantage of Aulani discount - When booking the 4th night free offer, Disney Visa cardholders will also receive a special Welcome Gift at check-in with specialty items and signature Aulani merchandise ($98 value).
- SeaWorld lays off Clyde & Seamore mimes, among others
- Man sentenced to 5 years for Disney ticket scam
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
- Iger says future Star Wars attractions to be based on new films
- SeaWorld's CEO steps down
- Man sues SeaWorld for automatically renewing his annual pass
- Retirement date set for Disney's Meg Crofton
- Woman sues Disney, claiming disability after falling from carousel horse
- Hotel leadership changes at Walt Disney World
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released