Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station Review
by Kevin Klose
I live 15 miles from Walt Disney World. I have an annual pass. I am smart enough to know that local folks do not go to the Magic Kingdom the week prior to Easter, on a 90 degree day, with 100% humidity, in the rain.
Throwing better judgement to the wind, me and 3 bazillion of my closest strangers, each pushing a carriage containing a sleeping or crying child headed for the Magic Kingdom today. They were looking for a day of wonder and magic, I had a different agenda.
The Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station has opened and I knew you were going to want the details.
While waiting in line for the Ferry from the Ticket and Transportation Center (Had to wait for the third Ferry….the first two filled and left without me), I decided that you didn’t need this information. I could go back to my quiet and uncrowded home with my beloved air conditioner and you would never know. Giving it a second (third and fourth) thought, I realized that it was my duty to get this information out there..
The Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station has taken the place of the Tomorrowland Terrace. It’s located at the entrance to Tomorrowland on the right side, opposite Stitch’s Great Escape. (For those of you who are directionally challenged….turn right at the Ice Cream Shop at the end of Main Street).
The Tomorrowland Terrace was a great looking place architecturally, that served mediocre to poor burgers, hotdogs, fries and the like. It was all typical and typically bad, but it was served in this great, terraced, open air space overlooking the gardens and Cinderella’s Castle. The architecture was early 70’s Modern but in an awesome location. For trivia buffs, the roof is where Tink lands when she makes he flight from the Castle prior to the fireworks.
The smart folks who make these decisions have done very little to alter this space. It’s received a fresh coat of paint in subtle shades of blues and gray and the multicolored furniture is now also gray. There is new (and subtle) signage, The beautiful terrazzo floors and great views are all left intact.. Big applause to those who saw fit to let this place stay simple and wonderful.
On to the best part… the food at the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station is very good, served in HUGE portions and not outrageously expensive. At this point, I am going to do something that makes you think,,,.boy…is this guy cool or what? I am going to include the entire menu so that you can see for yourself, what I am talking about.
Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station Menu
Shrimp Noodle Bowl ……………...$7.99
Wok-seared shrimp served over noodles with assorted vegetable in a garlic chilli broth.
Chicken Noodle Bowl……………...$7.29
Wok-seared chicken served over noodles with assorted vegetables in a garlic chili broth.
Vegetable Noodle Bowl……………$6.79
Wok-seared Tofu served over noodles with assorted vegetables in a mushroom broth.
Served with Chip
Pork Steamed Bun………..………...$5.99
Freshly steaqmed bun stuffed with shredded barbecue pork and Asian slaw
Stir Fry Selection
Teriyaki Stir Fry…………………….$6.49
Chicken, vegetables and steamed rice served with Teriyaki Sauce.
Shrimp Pad Thai…………………….$7.99
Wok-fired shrimp, rice noodles, eggs, herbs and cashews in a tamarind-peanut flavored sauce.
Lo Mien with Chicken………………$6.99
Wok-fired chicken, vegetables and lo mien noodles in a sesame flavored sauce.
Asian Inspired Salads
Cashew Chicken Salad………………..$7.49
Grilled chicken, fresh bok choy, Napa cabbage and vegetables tossed in our house dressing and garnished with toasted cashews.
Mandarin Orange and Spinach Salad…$6.49
Fresh greens with marinated chicken, red and yellow peppers, cucumbers and onions, tossed in our house dressing and garnished with fried pasta
Chicken Stir Fry………………………….$3.99
Sauteed chicken and vegetables tossed with lo mien noodles in Hoisin sauce, served with sugar free Jello, fortune cookie and choice of child’s beverage.
Chicken Noodle Soup…………………….$3.99
Chicken noodle soup served with sugar free Jello, fortune cookie and choice of child’s beverage.
Terikayi Stir Fry………………………….$3.99
Chicken, vegetables and steamed rice served with Teriyaki sauce, served with sugar free Jello, fortune cookie and choice of child’s beverage.
Wok fired pork dumplings served with dipping sauce.
Fried Egg Roll……………………………..$2.39
Chocolate Cake topped with Fortune Cookie…$2.29
Ginger infused Crème Brulee………….…...…$1.99
See? Told you that you’d think I was cool.
There you have it. This is the full menu from the Magic Kingdom’s newest eating establishment. The Noodle Station also has the full line of soft drinks, coffees, milks and juices that you would expect.
Our party of four had the children’s Chicken Noodle Soup, Lo Mien with Chicken, Shrimp Pad Thai, Cashew Chicken salad, a large decaf coffee and a large soft drink. The total was $32.00 and change..
As I said earlier, the food was tasty, there were huge portions and it didn’t break the bank. And to top all of this….we got to sit in one of the parts of Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom that has changed very little since opening in 1971. You cant beat that with a big old stick.
- Surviving (Or Sharing) Disney World with A Non-Disney Fan
- Celebrate the release of Cinderella with a specialty cupcake - To celebrate, the pastry team at the Contemporary Resort created this special dessert, only available until March 31.
- Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid reopens at Magic Kingdom after refurb - The ride was closed for a month for improvements, including new lighting in the "Under the Sea" room.
- Star Wars Weekend's Galactic Gathering merchandise event planned - Attendees will receive exclusive access to purchase merchandise a day before it opens to the public. Cost to attend is $250 per person.
- Updated events and schedules for Epcot Flower and Garden Festival - The Festival runs from March 4 - May 17, 2015.
- How Disney saved my life after my child lost hers
- List of Walt Disney World smoking areas updated - The list of smoking areas in the parks, water parks and Downtown Disney has been updated.
- Outdoor Kitchen menus for Epcot Flower and Garden Festival - Food and beverage kiosks are set up around World Showcase. These Outdoor Kitchens are themed to reflect each nation and offer a taste of the culture.
- 3 Things We’d Been Missing at the Magic Kingdom...Until Now - “You’re going again? Don’t you get bored? How can there be anything left to do?” Our answer is always no and yes. No, we’re not bored and yes, there are still things left to do.
- Backstage Tales begins today at Animal Kingdom - Taking place at the Animal Kingdom, guests will head backstage to check out the park's Veterinary Hospital, housing for animals and the Animal Nutrition Center.
- Egg-Stravaganza Easter egg hunt back for the second year - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot. When you've completed your map, return it for a special surprise!
- March merchandise events at Walt Disney World - Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings to be held around Walt Disney World in March.
- Blog - Magic Kingdom February Construction Update
- Backstage Safari tour ends today; the new Backstage Tales tour will begin March 1 - The new tour will be offered daily.
- New menu items added at Raglan Road - These have been released just in time for St. Patrick's Day.
- Dates announced for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Tickets will go on sale in April.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party dates announced; tickets on sale in April - Dates are available in September-November.
- Magic Kingdom resorts test direct bus to Typhoon Lagoon - As part of a test through March 28, Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary will share a direct bus to Typhoon Lagoon. The Polynesian and the Grand Floridian will do the same.
- Disney World's Pirates of the Caribbean to be closed for the summer - The ride will be closed from 5/11 - 9/25/2015.
- Why taking kids would never ruin a Disney Vacation - In response to the article Why I Wouldn’t Ruin My Disney Vacation By Taking Kids.
- Raglan Road's Mighty Festival: St Patrick's Week to be held March 13-17 - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, classic Irish food and drinks, face painting and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- WonderGround Gallery expands at Marketplace Co-Op - In early March, the WonderGround Gallery will expand into the area occupied by Beautifully Disney makeup.
- New menu items available at Downtown Disney's Fantasy Fare food truck - The food trucks are all located in Exposition Park, between Bongo's Cuban Cafe and Starbucks.
- ESPN's Mike and Mike show celebrates 15th anniversary with live broadcast - The live show will take place March 6, 2015 at the Waterside Stage, Downtown Disney Marketplace from 6:00-10:00am.
- Easy ways to stay healthy at Disney
- The Other Hawaii (Part 1): How to See the Best of the Islands from a Cruise Ship
- Blog - Have you ever wondered? A peek into the Disney details
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increased - As expected, a Magic Kingdom ticket is now $105 per day.
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 7: Disney's Old Key West Resort
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 6: Disney's Boardwalk Inn Resort
- List of several new drinks planned for Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - This year's Festival will be held March 4-May 17, 2015.
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 5: Disney's Yacht Club Resort
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - booking date extended! - Savings Include: 3-night stays: 10% off, 4-night stays: 20% off, or 5-or more night stays: 30% off
- Blog - Federal Court Dismisses Lawsuit Alleging "Frozen" is "My Life Story"
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 4: Disney's Beach Club Resort
- List of sample menu items from this year's upcoming Flower and Garden Festival - This year's Festival will be held March 4-May 17, 2015.
- 2015 Star Wars Weekends info and artwork released - More info still to come.
- SeaWorld lays off Clyde & Seamore mimes, among others
- Man sentenced to 5 years for Disney ticket scam
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
- Iger says future Star Wars attractions to be based on new films
- SeaWorld's CEO steps down
- Man sues SeaWorld for automatically renewing his annual pass
- Retirement date set for Disney's Meg Crofton
- Woman sues Disney, claiming disability after falling from carousel horse
- Hotel leadership changes at Walt Disney World
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released