Disney Disability Information
Guests with disabilities have many options available to them when visiting either a Disney Resort or Disney Theme Park. Almost all of the Disney attractions, restaurants, shops and shows are accessible to guests with disabilities.
The DIS also maintains an excellent discussion forum for visitors with disabilities. CLICK HERE to ask your questions or get helpful hints!!
GUIDEBOOK FOR GUESTS WITH DISABILITIES
- There is a guidebook available at all Guest Relations locations that provides a complete list of the services available for guests with disabilities.
When a guest is in need of specific accommodations due to a disability, the Disney Special Services department can make all of the necessary arrangements.
The following is a list of services available at all Disney resorts for guests with disabilities:
- Buses with wheelchair lifts
- Wider bathroom doors
- Roll-in showers
- Shower benches
- Hand-held shower heads
- Accessible vanities
- Portable Commodes
- Bathroom rails
- Bed rails
- Adjustable beds
- Lower beds
- Rubber bed pads
- Door knock and phone alerts
- Bed shaker alarm
- Text Typewriter (TTY)
- Strobe light fire alarm
- Phone amplifier
- Double door peep holes
- Closed captioned television
- Braille on signage and elevators
- Accessible parking
- Complimentary Valet parking where this service is offered
All locations at Walt Disney World (theme parks and resorts) have available parking for guests with disabilities. You must have a valid parking permit displayed in order to park in these areas.
Most restrooms at Walt Disney World have wheelchair access. Additionally, several restrooms throughout Disney World have companion assisted restrooms
. These can be found at:
- All First Aid locations (See below)
- Magic Kingdom-- the lower level of Cinderella’s Royal Table, Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain, restrooms at the Pinocchio Village Haus, restrooms near Space Mountain, Mickey's Toontown Fair, and the Ticket and Transportation Center East Gate
- Epcot -- near Canada, near Morocco, near Germany, near Norway opposite the Viking ship, Future World West Block opposite The Land, Future World East Block opposite Test Track and the east side of Spaceship Earth
- Disney-MGM Studios -- opposite Star Tours, Soundstage 3, Rock 'N' Roller Coaster, opposite The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and at Fantasmic!
- Animal Kingdom -- Discovery Island opposite the Flame Tree Barbecue, Harambe Village in the Mombasa Marketplace, Conservation Station at Rafiki's Planet Watch, Asia near Maharajah Jungle Trek, and Chester and Hester's Dinosaur Treasures in Dinoland U.S.A.
- Blizzard Beach--On the north side of Main Change to the rear of the locker room
- Typhoon Lagoon--Near Guest Services
First Aid stations are found at the following locations:
- Magic Kingdom -- Adjacent to the Crystal Palace off Main St. USA
- Epcot -- Odyssey Center in Future World
- Disney's Hollywood Studios -- Adjacent to the Guest Relations Building just past the Main Entrance
- Animal Kingdom -- Behind Creature Comforts in Safari Village
- Blizzard Beach--Between the Beach Haus and Lottawatta Lodge
- Typhoon Lagoon--Adjacent to Leaning Palms
These locations provide a place to store medications or receive assistance.
Service animals are welcome in most locations throughout the Walt Disney World Resort. All service animals must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times. Guests should follow the same attraction entrance procedures as described for Guests using wheelchairs. Due to the nature of some attractions, service animals may not be permitted to ride. In those instances, a member of the Guest’s party must remain with the animal.
Designated "Break" Areas for Service Animals
Each Theme Park allows Guests to use backstage locations for service animal relief areas. Please consult the Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities for specific information.
for more information regarding Service Animals