Character Meet and Greet Locations at Walt Disney World
- Character Dining
- Character Meet and Greets in the Theme Parks
- Articles about Meeting Disney Characters
Please visit our Walt Disney World Reopening Information and Updates page for more detailed information.
The Characters are an iconic part of any Disney vacation. For many vacationers, meeting them is almost as important as riding attractions or seeing a show. Disney Characters are appearing in the theme parks at Walt Disney World in a different way offering various new ways to interact and capture photos.
No matter your age, meeting a Disney character in a Disney theme park can be a magical experience. Whether you're five years old and meet your idol, Cinderella, or 50 years old and meet the boyfriend your dreams are made of, Flynn Ryder. Disney fans never think of a college kid in a costume when meeting characters. These characters are some of your best friends from Disney movies, your most favorite Disney Junior star, or your inspiration to "let it go." They are important and you want to meet them during your Disney vacation.
Enjoy up to a 30% savings on your resort room stay at select Disney Resorts with arrival dates through mid-July. Travel Dates: April 18, 2021 through July 10, 2021.
More Info | Get a No-obligation quote
- VIDEO: Chicken Guy in Disney Springs Lunch Review!
- Mailed Confirmations from Disney's Magical Express to Cease July 1st
- When Your Anxiety Doesn't Take a Vacation at Disney
- VIDEO: Shopping at BouTiki in Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
- Nominate the Helpers in Your Life for Disney's New Magic Makers Contest!
- VIDEO: Disney World 50th Anniversary Character EARidescent Fashions
- New Books Are Coming for WDW's 50th Anniversary
- New Fireworks to Debut on October 1st for WDW 50th Anniversary
- 5 Great Spots to Enjoy Craft Beer in Walt Disney World
- VIDEO: AMC Disney Springs Dine-In Theater Experience!
- VIDEO: Tell Me What to Do at Magic Kingdom!
- 3 More Dates Sold Out for Disney After Hours BOO BASH
- August 2021 Walt Disney World Park Hours
- Favorite Fort Wilderness Activity Returns with Modifications
- Salt & Straw Ice Cream Shop Coming to Disney Springs
- View More...
Different Types of Disney Characters at Walt Disney World
Meeting Disney characters during your Disney vacation can be so much fun, especially if you know a little about what to expect before your arrival.
Some characters, like Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh, and Daisy Duck, do not speak while others like Belle, Cinderella, and the Mad Hatter do. The characters that talk, typically called face characters, are usually Disney princesses, for the most part. These characters know a lot about the movies they starred in and can be a lot of fun to interact with. The non-speaking characters are a whole lot of fun too. Their communication is not actually speaking, but body language.
Just about all of the Disney characters you meet at Walt Disney World can typically sign autograph books and they're happy to do it. The best pens to use are the fat ones that they can easily grab ahold of. Markers can also work well for this. It's best to hand the character the pen with its cap already off as most of them don't have opposable thumbs for that kind of thing. NOTE: Please be aware that Disney Characters are not signing autographs currently with social distancing in place.
Get 2 extra days added to your ticket when you buy a 4-night/3-day room-and-ticket package at select Disney Resort hotels, valid for arrivals most nights January 8, 2021 through September 25, 2021.
Get a No-obligation quote
Some Disney characters have their own special meet and greet locations set up around the theme parks. They have backdrops from some of our most favorite Disney films and, in some cases, they have their own little building like the Sommerhus in EPCOT's Norway pavilion where guests can meet Anna and Elsa from Disney's Frozen. Although the traditional character meet and greet locations are not currently open, guests can interact with the Disney characters in the cavalacades that are presented throughout the day at the four major theme parks.
When you visit these locations, be sure to check out all of the amazing details while you wait in line. From the carpeting to the designs on the wall, you'll never run out of new details to discover and it's always fun to try to include them in your photos.
The lines to meet our favorite Disney character can often be long and while some have FastPass+ available, they aren't an option for others. The queues to wait in line are often pretty fabulous, but if you're short on time, Character Dining will allow your family to meet a handful of your favorites while enjoying a meal at the same time – take a look below for all of the restaurants at Walt Disney World where Disney Characters are present. Remember, time is money on a Disney vacation!
- 1900 Park Fare - Grand Floridian
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall - EPCOT World Showcase
- Artist Point - Wilderness Lodge
- Cape May Cafe - Beach Club
- Chef Mickey's Buffet - Contemporary
- Cinderella's Royal Table - Magic Kingdom
- Garden Grill - EPCOT Future World
- Garden Grove - Swan
- Hollywood and Vine - Hollywood Studios
- Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast featuring Lilo and Stitch - Polynesian
- Perfectly Princess Tea Party - Grand Floridian
- The Crystal Palace - Magic Kingdom
- Topolino's Terrace - Riviera Resort (Breakfast ONLY)
- Trattoria al Forno - Boardwalk (Breakfast ONLY)
- Tusker House Restaurant - Animal Kingdom
- Wonderland Tea Party - Grand Floridian
- Why Socially Distanced Character Greetings are Still Magical
- Disney Characters that I Wish We Could Meet With Their Partners in the Parks
- Walt Disney World Character Meet-And-Greet Guide: Epcot
- Walt Disney World Character Meet-and-Greet Guide: Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World Character Meet-and-Greet Guide: Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Walt Disney World Character Meet-and-Greet Guide: Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The Death of the Disney Autograph
- 5 Strategies to Prevent Fear of Meeting Disney Characters
- Meeting Disney Characters as an Adult
- 06/23 - VIDEO: Chicken Guy in Disney Springs Lunch Review!
- 06/23 - Mailed Confirmations from Disney's Magical Express to Cease July 1st
- 06/23 - When Your Anxiety Doesn't Take a Vacation at Disney
- 06/23 - VIDEO: Shopping at BouTiki in Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
- 06/22 - Nominate the Helpers in Your Life for Disney's New Magic Makers Contest!
- 06/22 - VIDEO: Disney World 50th Anniversary Character EARidescent Fashions
- 06/22 - New Books Are Coming for WDW's 50th Anniversary
- 06/22 - New Fireworks to Debut on October 1st for WDW 50th Anniversary
- 06/22 - 5 Great Spots to Enjoy Craft Beer in Walt Disney World
- 06/22 - VIDEO: AMC Disney Springs Dine-In Theater Experience!