A 54-year-old man with a pre-existing condition passed away in the hospital after collapsing on the Magic Kingdom attraction Big Thunder Mountain, says Disney’s quarterly report. The report, covering January through March of 2017, lists eleven incidents at Disney World and four at Universal Orlando. Only incidents or illnesses resulting in a hospital stay of 24 hours or more, as well as deaths, are reported.
The Orlando Sentinel reported on an email statement by Sherri Blanton, a spokeswoman for District Nine Medical Examiner’s Office, which clarified that the deceased was not one of their cases. She wrote the man probably “had an attending physician who agreed to sign out the death certificate due to natural causes.” The medical examiner’s office would not be involved in situations where the patient was under a doctor’s care and there was no trauma involved.
Here is a breakdown of incidents listed in the report:
- 1/16- Soarin‘: An 89-year-old female with a pre-existing condition felt chest pain and numbness
- 1/17- Soarin’: A 46-year-old male felt dizzy and ill, experienced slurred speech.
- 1/19- Mission: SPACE: A 69-year-old female felt ill, passed out momentarily.
- 1/24- Prince Charming Regal Carousel: A 72-year-old female fell and injured her head.
- 2/6- Under the Sea- Journey of the Little Mermaid: A 34-year-old male felt disoriented and fell after the ride.
- 2/9- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: A 54-year-old male with pre-existing condition collapsed, died in hospital.
- 2/12- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: A 69 year-old male with pre-existing condition experienced neck pain.
- 2/12- Expedition Everest: A 30-year-old male reported being struck on the head, experienced headache, dizziness.
- 2/17- Frozen Ever After: A 74-year-old female fell while boarding a boat and fractured her leg.
- 3/23- Pirates of the Caribbean: A 50-year-old male recovering from throat surgery became ill.
- 3/26- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: A 61-year-old male felt ill.
- 1/5- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey: A 57-year-old male experienced motion sickness.
- 3/1- Caro-Suess-el: A 68-year-old female suffered pelvis pain.
- 3/7- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey: A 70-year-old female experienced motion sickness.
- 3/28- Revenge of the Mummy: A 60-year-old female suffered a seizure.