Hello everyone! We made it to Friday, and it’s time to get ready for the weekend. What a week it has been. We had some great articles on here this past week and a good amount of Disney news. Let’s dive in!
Monday Disney Headlines – Merch, Hyperspace Lounge, Magical Experiences, and a New Restaurant
Monday, we, of course, met up with Zoë for our weekly merchandise meeting, and we looked at the first round of Christmas PJs and a cool Loungefly bag. We also learned reservations for the Hyperspace Lounge on the Disney Wish are no longer required. Next up, we looked at one of the most magical experiences at Magic Kingdom, getting pixie-dusted. Then we got news on a new restaurant coming to Walt Disney World, Rosa Mexicano Restaurant, which will be at the Swan and Dolphin. We also looked at Disney+ and how there will be a price increase and ADs. Then we looked at a moment where a reporter accidentally called Bob Chapek “Bob Paycheck” on TV. A small amount of information was released regarding the DeSantis vs. Disney situation and how we may be getting answers soon. We ended our Monday by looking at release dates & changes for new Disney & Pixar films.
- Monday Merch: CRISLU, Loungefly & First-Look Holiday PJs
- Reservations No Longer Required at Hyperspace Lounge on the Disney Wish
- The Most Magical Experience at Magic Kingdom Park in Walt Disney World
- Rosa Mexicano Restaurant Set to Open at WDW Swan & Dolphin
- Disney Plus Officially Announces Pricing on New Packages and Ads
- CNBC Reporter Accidentally Referred to Bob Chapek as “Bob Paycheck”
- There Could be a DeSantis vs. Disney Reedy Creek Solution in the “Near Future”
- Release Dates and Changes for New Disney & Pixar Films
Tuesday Disney Headlines – Cast Member Mask Requirements, Covid-19 Banner Gone, Galaxy’s Edge Experiences and MagicBand+
Tuesday was a busy day filled with news! First, we met with Contributor Beth to compare and contrast the Droid experience and the Lightsaber experience at Galaxy’s Edge. Then we learned that there is no more face mask requirement for Disney Cruise Line crew members. We then noticed that the COVID-19 banner on the Walt Disney World website had been taken down. Next up, we talked about a tasty treat that debuted at Disney Springs for Hispanic and Latin American Heritage Month, which is delicious. Then Disney gave us an update on MagicBand+ coming to Disneyland and the new Eudora’s Chic Boutique at Disneyland Resort. We also discussed the first night to sell out for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party on this day.
- Droid vs. Lightsaber: Comparing Droid Depot & Savi’s Workshop at Galaxy’s Edge
- No More Face Mask Requirement for Disney Cruise Line Crew Members
- Walt Disney World Website Removes COVID-19 Banner
- New Tasty Treat at Disney Springs to Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month
- MagicBand Plus is Coming to Disneyland Resort SOON!
- A First Look at Eudora’s Chic Boutique at Disneyland Resort
- What was the first Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Date to Sell Out?
Wednesday Disney Headlines – Aulani Review, Resort Tour, Magical EPCOT Construction, and Attraction Closed for Refurbishment
Finally, the middle of the week! Wednesday was a busy day on the site so let’s dig in. First, we met with Zoë for an in-depth review of Disney’s Aulani Resort. Then we took a tour, a photo tour, around Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. After seeing that beautiful resort, we got to business and discussed the costume guidelines for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Next, we looked at the Dos and Don’ts of packing for a Disney Cruise. Then we ventured to EPCOT to check on the construction of the Moana-Inspired attraction that is coming soon. We also saw that the American Adventure is closed for refurbishment until further notice. After that, we stepped foot on the Disney Wonder and looked at a dinner review of Palo.
- An In-Depth Review of Disney’s Aulani Resort
- A Photo Tour of Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort at Walt Disney World
- Costume Guidelines for Mickey’s No-So-Scary Halloween Party
- Packing Champions: The Dos and Don’ts of your Disney Cruise Line Suitcase
- Construction Update on the Moana-Inspired Journey of Water Attraction at EPCOT
- The American Adventure at EPCOT is Closed for Refurbishment Until Further Notice
- Palo Dinner Review on the Disney Wonder
Thursday Disney Headlines – New Loungeflys, EPCOT 40TH Anniversary, Festival of Fantasy Time Change, and Staffing Issue at Walt Disney World
One step closer to Friday, and there’s a lot to cover. First up, we met with Contributor Elizabeth and read her light-hearted love letter to Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter which was pretty funny. Then we explored the new Loungeflys that are coming out; some of them are very spooky. Then we took a sneak peek at EPCOT 40th Anniversary merchandise. Next, we took a photo tour of the Mexico Pavilion at EPCOT. Are there any Mexico Pavilion fans out there? Then we got the news that the Festival of Fantasy Parade at Magic will go back to one show a day this fall. Next, we explored all you can do at Walt Disney World without a theme park ticket. Then we discussed the current staffing issues at the parks and why it’s happening.
- A Light-Hearted Love Letter to Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter
- New Loungefly Accessories Just Released and Coming Soon
- Disney Celebrates 40 Years of EPCOT – Stories & Merch
- A Photo Tour of the Mexico Pavilion at EPCOT in Walt Disney World
- This Fall Festival of Fantasy Parade at WDW Will Drop to One Performance a Day
- Disney Experiences That Don’t Require a Theme Park Ticket
- Is Walt Disney World Having a Legit Staffing Problem?
Friday Disney Headlines – Safari at Animal Kingdom, EPCOT 40TH Anniversary Merch, Hurricane Coming to WDW and NEW Foodie Guide
WOO! It’s Friday. Today we started the day with Contributor Spencer and we explored an area of Kilimanjaro Safari called the Safi River. Then we dived into Disney Cruise Line and talked about crusing in the fall and what to expect. We got a closer look at all the merchadise that will be released for EPCOT’s 40th Anniversary. Then we took a look at the upcoming refurbs for Copper Creek and Disney’s Contemporary Resort. For me this next one was the best part of today, we got the Foodie Guide of all the treats coming to EPCOT for its 40th Anniversary. Our last story is deinitely not my favorite. A tropical depression is making it wasy toward Walt Disney World and by the time it gets here it could possibly be a hurricane.
- Let’s Take a Journey along the Safi River on Kilimanjaro Safaris!
- So, You Want to Sail in the Fall? Let’s Chat!
- More Details & Photos of EPCOT 40th Anniversary Merchandise
- Upcoming Refurbs Coming for Copper Creek & Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Celebrate EPCOT’s 40th Anniversary With NEW Treats!
- Tropical Depression 9 Expected to Hit Florida’s Gulf Coast as Hurricane Hermine
We hope you all had a great week and that you have a fantastic weekend. This coming week is super exciting because DIS Con! DIS Con is happening next weekend September 30th and October 1st. Make sure you buy your tickets here. We hope to see you there!
Hi, I'm Erica, and I write about all things Disney. Before working for The DIS, I was a theme park performer at SeaWorld, but I also performed at Disney. I have such an immense love for theme parks to the point I studied them in college.