Star Wars Weekends - Join the Rebellion
May 16-18, 23-25, 30 - June 1, 6-8, 13-15, 2014
- Event Overview
- 2014 Star Wars Weekends Celebrity Appearances
- 2014 Schedule of Events
- Star Wars Weekends Photos
VIP service - The Ultimate Day at Star Wars Weekends
Available Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 5/16-6/15/14, guests can have a VIP tour guide experience at Star Wars Weekends. The package can be booked by calling 407-934-7973. It costs $499 per guest and includes:
- Premium seating for all shows at the Premiere Theater
- Expedited access to select attractions in the park
- Private continental breakfast at The Hollywood Brown Derby
- Reserved viewing for the Legends of the Force Motorcade
- Table-service lunch
There are costumed characters available for photo ops. Just be warned, there are also diehard fans who dress up for this. While I'm sure that most of them won't mind posing for pictures, they won't be the 'real thing.' (How they walk around in Florida in June in 1,000 degree temps in full Star Wars regalia is beyond me, but I digress.)
The daily parade features celebrity guests from a Star Wars movie. There are also members of the local Star Wars fan club. (Some of their costumes are pretty impressive.)
As the name implies, Stars Wars Weekends takes place Friday, Saturday and Sunday. A regular Disney's Hollywood Studios admission is all that's needed to attend this event.
The centerpiece of this celebration is the Star Tours attraction.
More than 60 characters will be there representing all six of the Star Wars films: Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. Guests will have opportunities to meet Star Wars characters. (NOTE: These are characters, not the actors who portrayed them.)
There's a little known Jedi Knight who always makes appearances; none other than Mickey Mouse himself. He's a cutie with his scaled down light saber. Definitely a great photo op.
There will be scheduled interviews of the celebrities and creative forces involved in Stars Wars. Click here for the list.
The “Jedi Training Academy” began with this event and has now become a permanent part of Disney's Hollywood Studios entertainment. No doubt it will be considerably busier during this event.
Guests 12 and under can test their Star Wars knowledge when they appear in front of the Jedi Council at the Padawan Mind Challenge.
Behind the Force lets you see what went into the making of the Star Wars movies.
A Galaxy of merchandise will be on display and available for purchase at "Darth's Mall," designed just for Star Wars Weekends. There will be event-exclusive merchandise including limited edition pins as well as Vinylmations, posters, clothing, and other items that commemorate this special occasion. You can even get a nametag with your name written in Aurebesh, a Star Wars alphabet. My advice, get there early as they can sell out.
At the end of each day's events, Symphony in the Stars fireworks will take place for a fun conclusion to the activities.
May 16-18, 2014
- Ahmed Best (Jar Jar Binks)
- Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
- Vanessa Marshall (Hera Syndulla - Star Wars Rebels)
May 23-25, 2014
- Warwick Davis (Ewok, Wicket W. Warrick)
- Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett, Capt. Jeremoch Colton)
- Tiya Sircar (Sabine Wren - Star Wars Rebels)
May 30 - June 1, 2014
- Ray Park (Darth Maul)
- John Ratzenberger (Major Bren Derlin)
- Taylor Gray (Ezra Bridger - Star Wars Rebels)
June 6-8, 2014
- Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker, Darth Bane - The Clone Wars) (will not be signing autographs)
- Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian)
- Ray Park (Darth Maul)
- Taylor Gray (Ezra Bridger - Star Wars Rebels)
June 13-15, 2014
- Dee Bradley Baker (Captain Rex/the Clones, Bossk and more - The Clone Wars)
- Cat Taber (Padme Amidala and more - The Clone Wars)
- Tom Kane (Yoda - The Clone Wars and more)
- Matt Lanter (Anakin Skywalker and more - The Clone Wars)
- Steve Blum (Zeb Orrelios - Star Wars Rebels)
Guest appearances subject to change without notice.
Disney's FASTPASS Service will be used for all Autograph sessions during Star Wars Weekends. A limited number of FASTPASS tickets are available. You will pick up your ticket with a scheduled autograph return time. You are free to enjoy the park until your FASTPASS autograph return time. At your designated time return to the autograph location. Each guest must be present to receive a FASTPASS. Once the tickets for an actor are gone, Disney will distribute a limited number of stand by tickets with a return time. See park guide for more details.
Characters that may appear during the Weekends.
- Stormtrooper Welcome - 7:30am on Hollywood Boulevard
- Autograph Sessions throughout the day (check Times Guide)
- Legends of the Force Motorcade and Welcome at 11:30am
- Stars of the Saga Talk Show and Q&A Session (Premier Theater) - 3:15pm
- Jedi Training Academy - Check Times Guide
- Behind the Force (Premier Theatre) - 1:45pm
- Obi-Wan and Beyond (Premier Theater) - 7:00pm
- Padawan Mind Challenge at 1:00pm, 2:15pm, 4:15pm, 6:30pm
- Star Wars Character Encounters - 8:00am - 7:30pm (Check Times Guide for locations)
- DJ Lobot Dance Party - 7:00pm
- Symphony in the Stars Fireworks - 9:30pm
D-Tech Me Carbon-Freeze Me experience
The popular Carbon-Freeze Me experience is back, but is expanded yet again this year. Guests will have the chance to make one of their Star Wars dreams come true - to see themselves frozen in carbonite, just like Darth Vader did to Han Solo in The Empire Strikes Back. Using an 3D high-resolution face scanner designed by Disney Imagineers, an image of the guest's face will be taken and then processed by computer and sent to a high resolution 3D printer. The result will be a 3D, seven-inch figurine of the guest frozen in carbonite.
In addition to the carbonite figure, last year's Stormtrooper will be available, as well as two new figurines - an Alderaan Princess and X-Wing Pilot. Both male and female options are offered for the X-Wing Pilot, Carbon-Freeze Me and Stormtrooper figurines. A 16-inch figurine is available, as well as the smaller 7-inch size.
The whole experience takes about 10 minutes. 7-inch figurines are $99.95 each, plus shipping and sales tax. 16-inch figurines are $1,499.95 (no, that's not a typo!), plus shipping and sales tax. Figures will mailed 7-8 weeks later. Call 407-WDW-TECH for questions or to reserve a spot. This experience is only available during Star Wars Weekends (May 16 – 18, May 23 – 25, May 30 – June 1, June 6 – 8, and June 13-15).
Rebel Rendezvous - Thursday, May 15, 2014
Disney's Hollywood Studios from 10:00am - 5:00pm
Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public. Cost to attend is $250 per person. Attendees will receive a limited edition recruitment pack with items like a custom messenger bag, cadet hat, tumbler, lanyard, pin and medal set; the opportunity to purchase select 2014 Star Wars Weekends merchandise; special meet and greets with characters and Disney artists.
Registration begins 3/4/14 at 1:00pm EST at www.DisneyParksMerchandise.com.
Darth's Mall in Soundstage 1 will be open daily from park open to close.
Feel the Force Dining Event - Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays May 16-June 15, 2014
Star Wars Weekends, Disney's Hollywood Studios
This special dining event will give guests a VIP viewing location for the "Legends of the Force" motorcade, a nightly dessert party featuring Darth Vader cupcakes, and reserved viewing for the "Symphony in the Stars" fireworks show. Guests will also receive a souvenir Disney PhotoPass card that can be added to your My Disney Experience account and includes a series of Star Wars Weekends photos.
Motorcade viewing - 11:00am-noon. Soft drinks, water and a snack provided.
Dessert party - 9:00-10:00pm, fireworks start at 9:45pm.
Event is $53 for adults, $32 for children ages 3-9, tax and gratuity included. For reservations, call 407-WDW-DINE or book online at Disneyworld.com/Spring.
Star Wars themed character meals! - May 4-June 15, 2014
These meals are only available at Disney's Hollywood Studios from May 4-June 15, 2014.
The Jedi Mickey's Star Wars Dine - Hollywood and Vine Restaurant
Meet Disney characters wearing their Star Wars costumes! Possible characters in attendance include Ewok Chip & Dale, Jedi Mickey, Leia Minnie, Darth Goofy and Stormtrooper Donald. 4:15pm-park closing, cost is $55.99 for adults and $33.99 for kids (ages 3-9)
Turn your Star Wars meal into a Fantasmic dinner package and get priority seating for Fantasmic!, plus a digital download of a photo with Chip & Dale. The Fantasmic package will be $59.99 for adults and $36.99 for kids (ages 3-9).
Star Wars Galactic Dine-In Breakfast - Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant
Breakfast will offer the opportunity to meet Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Jawa, Greedo and Stormtroopers. Star Wars movie clips will be shown on the movie screen at the restaurant instead of the normal science fiction clips. Included in the cost is a digital photo of your group on a PhotoPass card. 8:00am-noon, cost is $47.99 for adults and $29.99 for kids (ages 3-9)
Reservations for these meals can be made by calling 407-WDW-DINE. A credit card guarantee is required to book. These character meals will be worth two credits on the Disney Dining Plan.
Webmaster Bob was sent to Star Wars Weekends.
(You can't miss him. He's that handsome dude in the ECV.)
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/31/14 - Tickets are still available for all other dates.
- New Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street Party to debut at Magic Kingdom this fall - Stitch and Phineas & Ferb will join the party and Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy will ride on top of giant gift boxes. The soundtrack will feature remixed classic party songs and guests will vote for one of three current hits to be played.
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- MagicBands can now be purchased without ticket media - The bands are now available for purchase across property.
- Changes to boat schedules at Downtown Disney - Schedules have been changing recently due to construction.
- Meet and greet locations updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Ultimate Day VIP Tour available at Epcot Food & Wine Festival - This daylong tour begins at the Festival Center's VIP Lounge and includes champagne, a beverage tasting, six-course tapas-style lunch, wine, private backstage tours, time on Epcot attractions, food and beverage pairings with Disney chefs, VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, and reserved seating for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular.
- Awesome Mix Tape Dance Party scheduled for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Blog - New Golden Oak Outpost Menu is Waffle Fry Heaven
- Sunrise Safari at Animal Kingdom ending 12/28/14 - This tour is exclusive to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level guests.
- American Idol Experience to close August 30 - No plans have been announced for the space.
- Florida residents save $40 on Cirque du Soleil tickets - Through September and October, Florida residents will save $40 on adult Cirque du Soleil tickets purchased at the box office.
- VIDEO: The Refurbished Capt. Cook's at Polynesian Resort - After a long refurbishment, Capt. Cook's has reopened at the Polynesian Village Resort. Major changes include artwork in the seating area, a new menu, no more ordering off of touch screens and the tragic loss of the Dole Whip self-serve machine.
- American Film Institute at the end of Backlot Tour to close - As of August 17, the American Film Institute Showcase exhibit at the end of the ride will be closed. This exhibit features props and costumes from various films. The gift shop will also close.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Constantine the Frog to attend Villains Unleashed! event - The "Muppets Most Wanted" villain will be at the Stage One Company Store location near Muppet*Vision 3D.
- Blog - Polynesian Resort's Capt. Cook's quick service restaurant reopens after refurbishment
- Golden Oak Outpost now serving specialty waffle fries - This walk-up stand is located on the backside of Frontierland on the walkway to Adventureland.
- Tower of Terror On-ride videos available with Memory Maker - After riding The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a video of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. This video is only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Great Irish Hooley Festival to be held at Downtown Disney - "Hooley" is Irish slang for party or celebration. Celebrate with food, drink and dancing.
- Update coming to My Disney Experience - make dining reservations 20 minutes in advance - A new update will allow guests to make same day dining reservations only 20 minutes in advance.
- Performance times updated for Night of Joy - Disney’s Night of Joy is a hard-ticket event at the Magic Kingdom that features contemporary Christian performers.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Lobby - Lobby Waterfall - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Polynesian Resort.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Continues to Materialize
- Refurb scheduled this winter for the Haunted Mansion - The attraction will be closed from 12/1 - 12/19/14.
- Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party reduces number of performances this month - Performance times will be 5:40 and 7:00pm on August 12, 13, 19, 20 and 29, 2014. Concrete work taking place on Main Street will limit the number of performances on those days.
- It's Tough to be a Bug refurb extended until 9/27 - This attraction was originally scheduled to reopen August 11, but will instead stay closed through September 27.
- Yankee Trader shop refurb extended through December - The shop is becoming a Haunted Mansion gift shop.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Adventureland - Swiss Family Treehouse Exit - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Magic Kingdom.
- Big Hero 6 characters coming to Walt Disney World - A specific date and location for the meet and greet has not yet been announced.
- Frozen Summer Fun extended at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This celebration has been extended through September 28.
- Top 5 Experiences at Walt Disney World That Don't Cost a Thing! - Walt Disney World can be a very expensive place — between park tickets, hotels, parking costs, meals and snacks, it all adds up very quickly. That’s why it’s important to remember that there are several fantastic experiences at Walt Disney World Resort that don’t cost a thing!
- Club Villain dance party planned for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This will take place at the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon in Frontierland.
- Blog - New Disney Parks Inspired Coffees from Joffrey's
- Updated list of restaurants that accept Tables in Wonderland - Tables in Wonderland members save 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Video: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Dock - Polynesian Resort - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Polynesian Resort Dock - Polynesian Resort
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down extended through November 9 - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Blog - Review: "Guardians of the Galaxy" combines humor, action, and a stellar cast to become the perfect summer blockbuster
- All-Star Music food court closes for refurbishment - The Intermission Food Court will be closed 8/1/14-12/20/14 for refurb.
- New events added to Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - Late Nights LIVE! and new Premium Package events added.
- Astro Orbiter rehab extended by one week - Originally scheduled to end September 19, the ride will now reopen September 28.
- Food & Wine Festival Premium events now available for booking - This includes seminars, signature dining experiences and other special events.
- Changes coming to Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party? - An update is rumored for this parade later this year, possibly around October. Possible changes are new music; Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald moving to the top of the floats; and Stitch joining the fun. Sebastian, Lumiere, and The Mad Hatter will leave the parade.
- During pool rehab, Polynesian guests will have free admission to Blizzard Beach - Originally, the resort guests were just going to be given one-day tickets to the water park, but that has been changed. They will now have complimentary unlimited admission to Blizzard Beach during their stay at the Polynesian.
- List of restaurants participating in the 2015 Disney Dining Plan - This list will be updated as more restaurants are added. Epcot and Downtown Disney restaurants don't normally finalize their participation until later in the year.
- 2015 Magic Your Way Disney World packages released! - A Walt Disney World package is a resort room and theme park admission. The Disney Dining Plan may also be added.
- Happy 15th Birthday to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith! - The attraction originally opened its doors at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 29, 1999.
- Victoria & Albert's will no longer accept Tables in Wonderland - This begins August 1, 2014.
- Summertime Pals Ink & Paint Cel release - This limited release will be available at the event, or pre-order by September 25 at 5:00pm EST.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Disney cancels 2014 Festival of the Masters art show
- Radio Disney to shut down stations and lay off employees
- Disney proposes new contract for part-time employees
- SeaWorld announces new habitats for killer whales
- "Frozen" behind-the-scenes special coming to ABC
- PANDORA Jewelry coming to Disney Parks
- Universal Orlando to build fifth hotel?
- Comedian and actor Robin Williams found dead at age 63
- Universal's Hogwarts Express sees one million riders
- Disney janitor arrested for sexually assaulting coworker
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 7:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom