2014 Disney World Closings, Disney Rehabs
There is nothing worse than anticipating a specific Disney attraction, and after you arrive, finding out that it will be closed for the duration of your stay.
Below is a complete list of the Walt Disney World rehab schedules that you can expect in the upcoming weeks and months. You can't plan for sudden closings, but you can manage your expectations by referring to the list below before your Disney vacation. Not all "shut downs" are scheduled, and there are countless reasons why an attraction might suddenly close.
Don't get mad at the Cast Members, it's not their fault.
Disney's Hollywood Studios has reduced the number of smoking areas in the park. The smoking locations at Lights, Motors, Action! and outside the Hollywood Brown Derby have been removed.
- Splash Mountain - closed- 1/6/2014-3/21/2014
- The Plaza Restaurant - closed 2/17/2014- 3/15/2014
- Pinocchio Village Haus - closed 2/17/2014- 3/30/2014
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - closed 4/7/2014- 4/9/2014
- Pirates of the Caribbean - closed 4/28/2014- 5/1/2014
- Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe outdoor patio closed until 3/14.
- Tip Board Cart- closed permanently 2/26/2014
- Swiss Family Treehouse- closed 3/17/2014-3/28/2014
- Festival of the Lion King closed 1/5/2014. It may be closed for up to 6 months.
- There are currently no rehabs scheduled at ESPN Wide World of Sports.
- Blizzard Beach- closed- 12/22/2013- 3/17/2014
- Parking lots H, I, J, and K are closed. During busy times Disney will open the Team Disney parking lot and provide a shuttle to Downtown Disney. They are preparing to build a parking garage in this location.
- The section of road between AMC Theatres and Disney Quest will be closed from 10/21/2013 until Fall 2014. This is for work being done on the parking garage.
- Pleasure Island restrooms closed 1/6/2014
- Team Mickey Athletic Club closed 1/27/2014- 6/13/2014
- Downtown Disney Marketplace Boat Dock closed 2/22/14- Fall
Winter Summerland- Winter Course closed 1/20/2014- Until further notice. Summer Course is still open.
NOTE: Our listing is for those refurbishments that will have an impact on the majority of guests. When it comes to changing out rooms, this is fairly routine as Disney is always monitoring their resorts. Unless it's a full scale remodel, it's considered standard maintenance and is not included in the refurb/rehab schedule.
FYI- Due to a possible defect in the refrigerators in some of the Guest rooms at the Walt Disney World® and Disneyland® Resorts, as well as Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Resort hotels at these locations have removed or temporarily disconnected Guest room refrigerators until the issue can be resolved.
Guests staying at these Resort hotels will be notified of the refrigerator removal via a letter ...in their room. Currently the schedule for replacing the refrigerators at these Resorts is expected to last several months.
This is for all Resorts, except Disney Vacation Club rooms and the cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground. Currently we do not have an exact timeframe for when the fridges will be replaced, but it is expected to take at least 4 months. At each Resort there will be a limited number of refrigerators available by special request.
- All Star Sports Resort Lobby construction- 2/17/2014-3/9/2014. Game Point Arcade closed 2/17/2014- 3/9/2014
- Disney's Boardwalk Resort- Boardwalk Villas Quiet Pool and Spa closed 2/3/2104- 3/7/2014
- Disney's Contemporary Resort- Bay Lake Tower Kiddie Pool Wet Deck( just the wet deck
- Disney's Polynesian Resort- Never Land Club closed 1/28/2014- 4/27/2014. Polynesian Beach and Sunset Point- the eastern portion will be unavailable 9/9/2013- to be determined.
Great Ceremonial House Lobby rehab 3/1/2014 - 12/2014, Capt. Cook's closed 3/2014- 6/2014. Alternate dining will be available.
- SEASONAL OPERATION: The attraction only opens during periods of anticipated peak attendance. Check Guest Relations and Park Guide maps for specific opening/closing times.
- REHAB: The attraction is closed for routine maintenance.
- REFURBISHMENT: The attraction is closed for an extended period for extensive repairs/remodeling.
- DARK: This term is used when a performance of a stage show is not scheduled
If you have discrepancies or corrections, please let us know
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
- Universal Orlando follows Disney's lead and raises ticket prices
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW