2014 Disney World Closings, Disney Rehabs
There is nothing worse than anticipating a specific Disney attraction, and after you arrive, finding out that it will be closed for the duration of your stay.
Below is a complete list of the Walt Disney World rehab schedules that you can expect in the upcoming weeks and months. You can't plan for sudden closings, but you can manage your expectations by referring to the list below before your Disney vacation. Not all "shut downs" are scheduled, and there are countless reasons why an attraction might suddenly close.
Don't get mad at the Cast Members, it's not their fault.
As of 6/22/14: The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place. An automated monorail will allow for faster switching times, more frequent dispatching of trains, and accurate arrival information. Additional buses and watercraft will be available during this time (guests who have early breakfast reservations can also use watercraft or bus service). This schedule will be in place for a few months, but no specific end date has been set. The schedule will be:
Epcot - 9:00am-11:00pm
Resort monorail - 8:30am-midnight
Express monorail - 9:30am-11:30pm
- Dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends 7/7/2014- 8/7/2014. Dolphins will be off stage, Dolphins in Depth Tour unavailable.
- Anna and Elsa meet and greet in Norway has moved to Magic Kingdom
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority- Peoplemover- closed 6/2/2014- 8/4/2014
- Astro Orbiter- closed 6/2/2014-9/19/2014
- Liberty Square Riverboat- closed 8/4/2014-8/8/2014
- Carousel of Progress- closed 9/22/2014-9/27/2014
- Mickey's Philharmagic- closed 9/8/2014 to 9/19/2014
- Yankee Trader- closed 7/28/2014- 9/30/2014
- Cinderella's Royal Table- closed 1/5/2015- 3/6/2015
- Walt Disney World Railroad closed 9/29/2014- 11/7/2014
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin- closed 11/10/2014- 11/21/2014
- It's Tough to be a Bug- closed 7/7/2014- 8/11/2014
- Wild by Design Tour- last tour is 9/26/2014. This is being discontinued.
- Tip Board permanently closed
- Parking lot construction through the end of 9/2014. They are making the lot larger.
- LA Prop Cinema Storage closed 6/16/2014- 2/28/2015
- Fantasmic closed 11/19/2014- 11/21/2014
- There are currently no rehabs scheduled at ESPN Wide World of Sports.
- Typhoon Lagoon closed 10/26/2014- 1/3/2015
- Blizzard Beach closed 1/4/2015- 3/14/2015
- Parking lots E, F, G, H, I, J, and K are closed. Entrance 1 to the parking lot is now closed. During busy times Disney will open the Team Disney parking lot and provide a shuttle to Downtown Disney. They are building a parking garage in this location.
- The section of road between AMC Theatres and Disney Quest will be closed from 10/21/2013 until Fall 2014. This is for work being done on the parking garage.
- Buena Vista Drive- construction in the Downtown Disney area. Road is being expanded to 10 lanes and several pedestrian bridges will be built. Through 3/2016.
- Pleasure Island restrooms closed 1/6/2014
- Downtown Disney Marketplace Boat Dock closed 2/22/14- Fall
- Forty Thirst Street- closed 6/9/2014- 8/11/2014
- Pearl Factory- closed 7/7/2014- 7/27/2014
- Pleasure Island bus stop closed permanently 6/11/2014
- Pollo Compero permanently closed
Disney's Palm Golf Course closed 8/18/2014-8/22/2014, 11/3/2014-11/9/2014
Disney's Magnolia Golf Course- closed 8/4/2014-8/8/2014, 10/20/2014-10/26/2014
Disney's Lake Buena Vista Course closed 8/11/2014- 8/15/2014, 10/27/2014-11/2/2014
Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course - closed 8/11/2014-8/13/2014, 10/27/2014-11/2/2014
Fantasia Miniature Golf Course- Gardens Course closed 7/28/2014- 8/1/2014, 8/4/2014- 8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
NOTE: Our listing is for those refurbishments that will have an impact on the majority of guests. When it comes to changing out rooms, this is fairly routine as Disney is always monitoring their resorts. Unless it's a full scale remodel, it's considered standard maintenance and is not included in the refurb/rehab schedule.
- All Star Music Resort - Intermission Food court closed 8/1/2014-!2/20/2014. There will be transportation to the food court at All Star Sports or All Star Movies. Note'able Games Arcade closed 7/27/2014- 12/20/2014
- Disney's Boardwalk Resort- Kouzzina by Cat Cora closing 9/30/2014
- Disney's Grand Floridian- Garden View Tea Room closed 6/30/2014- 8/29/2014. Perfectly Princess Tea Party will take place at Citricos.
- Disney's Polynesian Resort- Polynesian Beach and Sunset Point- the eastern portion will be unavailable 9/9/2013- to be determined.
Great Ceremonial House Lobby rehab 3/1/2014 - 12/2014, Capt. Cook's closed 3/2014- 8/2014. Alternate dining will be available. Moana Mickey's Arcade closed starting 3/30/2014. Trader Jacks- closed 6/16/2014- 12/31/2014. The Volcano Pool is expected to be closed 7/26/2014-3/31/2015. Guests will receive a free one-day ticket to Blizzard Beach while the pool is closed. The resort will be providing transportation to a dedicated check-in at Blizzard Beach where you will receive your free ticket and towel. Guests will be notified of the pool closure and offer. Barefoot Pool Bar closed 7/26/2014- 5/31/2015. The pathway to the Transportation and Ticket Center is closed. You should use the sidewalk near the bus top in front of the resort.
- Disney's Saratoga Springs
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge Main Pool closed 9/3/2014- 11/27/2014. Guests may use the pool at Fort Wilderness or the Contemporary. Transportation will be provided. Trout Pass Pool Bar closed 9/3/2014- 11/27/2014
- SEASONAL OPERATION: The attraction only opens during periods of anticipated peak attendance. Check Guest Relations and Park Guide maps for specific opening/closing times.
- REHAB: The attraction is closed for routine maintenance.
- REFURBISHMENT: The attraction is closed for an extended period for extensive repairs/remodeling.
- DARK: This term is used when a performance of a stage show is not scheduled
If you have discrepancies or corrections, please let us know
- List of restaurants participating in the 2015 Disney Dining Plan - This list will be updated as more restaurants are added. Epcot and Downtown Disney restaurants don't normally finalize their participation until later in the year.
- 2015 Magic Your Way Disney World packages released! - A Walt Disney World package is a resort room and theme park admission. The Disney Dining Plan may also be added.
- Happy 15th Birthday to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith! - The attraction originally opened its doors at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 29, 1999.
- Victoria & Albert's will no longer accept Tables in Wonderland - This begins August 1, 2014.
- Summertime Pals Ink & Paint Cel release - This limited release will be available at the event, or pre-order by September 25 at 5:00pm EST.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- High-speed train will link Shanghai Disneyland to city
- "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island" show cancelled at SeaWorld
- PBS plans Walt Disney biopic
- Release date set for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean film
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom