2015 Disney World Closings, Disney Rehabs
There is nothing worse than anticipating a specific Disney attraction, and after you arrive, finding out that it will be closed for the duration of your stay.
Below is a complete list of the Walt Disney World rehab schedules that you can expect in the upcoming weeks and months. You can't plan for sudden closings, but you can manage your expectations by referring to the list below before your Disney vacation. Not all "shut downs" are scheduled, and there are countless reasons why an attraction might suddenly close.
Don't get mad at the Cast Members, it's not their fault.
- Anna and Elsa meet and greet in Norway has moved to Magic Kingdom
- Off Kilter- final performance 9/27/2014
- Mo'Rockin- final performance 9/27/2014
- World Showcase Players- final performance 9/25/2014
- Spirit of America Fife & Drum Corps- final performance 9/27/2014
- Maelstrom- closed 10/6/2014
- The Spirit of Norway- closed 10/6/2014
- Test the Limits Lab- closed permanently 1/6/2015
- Liberty Square Riverboat- closed 8/4/2015- 8/10/2015
- Dream Along with Mickey- closed 7/19/2015- 8/22/2015
- Jungle Cruise- closed 4/13/2015- 5/8/2015
- Liberty Tree Tavern- closed 7/6/2015- 11/19/2015
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad- closed 4/27/2015- 4/30/2015
- Pirates of the Caribbean -closed 6/8/2015- 9/25/2015
- Monorail- through December 2015. The monorail is under refurbishment and may have modified service or routes. You should check on the day of travel the best option to use. Alternative transportation options may be available.
- Casey Jr. Splash N Soak Station- closed 4/27/2015- 5/1/2015
- Phone charging kiosks in Cosmic Ray's and Space Mountain Gift Shop- closed
- Island Supply- closed 10/23/2014
- Flame Tree BBQ- closed 1/5/2015-5/18/2015
- Creature Comforts- closed 1/5/2014-6/14/2015
- Wild by Design Tour- last tour was 9/26/2014. This is being discontinued.
- Tip Board permanently closed
- Sunrise Safari Tour- last tour was 12/28/2014. This is being discontinued.
- American Idol Experience closed. Last day was 8/30/2014.
- Backlot Tour closed permanently 9/27/2014
- American Film Institute Showcase at the end of the Backlot Tour closed permanently 8/17/2014.
- Legend of Jack Sparrow closed
- There are currently no rehabs scheduled at ESPN Wide World of Sports.
- Typhoon Lagoon -
- Blizzard Beach closed-
- Downtown Disney Water Taxi will now only run from the Marketplace to the West Side Docks. There will be no stop at the Pleasure Island Dock.
- Parking Lots Entrance 2- Lots A-G closed 12/1/2014-8/1/2016- in preparation for the construction of Town Center and the East Garage.
- Entrance 4 at Downtown Disney- closing permanently 8/28/2014. This is the entrance between Cirque du Soleil and Disney Quest. There are currently only 2 entrances available into Downtown Disney. Entrance 5 which is across the street from Typhoon Lagoon, and Entrance 2 across from the Hess Station. Entrance 1 is only an exit.
- The section of road between AMC Theatres and Disney Quest will be closed from 10/21/2013 until Fall 2014. This is for work being done on the parking garage.
- Buena Vista Drive- construction in the Downtown Disney area. Road is being expanded to 10 lanes and several pedestrian bridges will be built. Through 3/2016.
- Pleasure Island restrooms closed 1/6/2014
- Pleasure Island bus stop closed permanently 6/11/2014
- Pollo Compero permanently closed
- United World Soccer store closed 3/25/2015. Super Hero Headquarters will open in this location in early May.
Disney's Palm Golf Course
Disney's Magnolia Golf Course
Disney's Lake Buena Vista Course
Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course
Fantasia Miniature Golf Course
NOTE: Our listing is for those refurbishments that will have an impact on the majority of guests. When it comes to changing out rooms, this is fairly routine as Disney is always monitoring their resorts. Unless it's a full scale remodel, it's considered standard maintenance and is not included in the refurb/rehab schedule.
- Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
- The pathway to the Transportation and Ticket Center is closed. You should use the sidewalk near the bus top in front of the resort.
- Polynesian Village East pool will be closed 4/13/2015- Early 2016. This pool is expected to close after the Main pool reopens.
- Painting is being done between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
- Disney's Saratoga Springs- Donald Duck Kiddie Fountain closed 5/4/2015- 5/22/2015. Grandstand Water Play Area closed 4/27/2015- 5/3/2015. Pool will remain open.
- SEASONAL OPERATION: The attraction
only opens during periods of anticipated peak attendance. Check
Guest Relations and Park Guide maps for specific opening/closing
- REHAB: The attraction is
closed for routine maintenance.
- REFURBISHMENT: The
attraction is closed for an extended period for extensive
- DARK: This term is used when a performance of a stage show is not scheduled
If you have discrepancies or corrections, please let us know