2016 Disney World Closings, Disney Rehabs
There is nothing worse than anticipating a specific Disney attraction, and after you arrive, finding out that it will be closed for the duration of your stay.
Below is a complete list of the Walt Disney World rehab schedules that you can expect in the upcoming weeks and months. You can't plan for sudden closings, but you can manage your expectations by referring to the list below before your Disney vacation. Not all "shut downs" are scheduled, and there are countless reasons why an attraction might suddenly close.
Don't get mad at the Cast Members, it's not their fault.
- Habit Heroes in Innoventions West closed 1/18/2016
- Captain EO - closed 12/6/15
- Anna and Elsa meet and greet in Norway has moved to Magic Kingdom
- Off Kilter- final performance 9/27/2014
- Mo'Rockin- final performance 9/27/2014
- World Showcase Players- final performance 9/25/2014
- Spirit of America Fife & Drum Corps- final performance 9/27/2014
- Maelstrom- closed 10/6/2014
- The Spirit of Norway- closed 10/6/2014
- Test the Limits Lab- closed permanently 1/6/2015
- My Magic+ Service Center located inside Innoventions East is now closed. You can visit Guest Relations in Future World or any of the FastPass kiosks.
- Phone charging kiosks in Cosmic Ray's and Space Mountain Gift Shop- closed
- Island Supply- closed 10/23/2014
- Wild by Design Tour- last tour was 9/26/2014. This was discontinued.
- Tip Board permanently closed
- Sunrise Safari Tour- last tour was 12/28/2014. This was discontinued.
Permanently closed rides and attractions:
- American Idol Experience closed. Last day was 8/30/2014.
- Backlot Tour closed permanently 9/27/2014
- American Film Institute Showcase at the end of the Backlot Tour closed permanently 8/17/2014.
- Legend of Jack Sparrow closed
- Phineas & Ferb Meet and Greet- closed permanently 1/5/2016
- Lightning McQueen & Mater Meet and Greet- closed permanently 1/5/2016
- Joffrey's coffee kiosk closed 1/4/2016
- Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show closed permanently 04/03/16
- Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure closed permanently 04/03/16
- Meet and Greet: Mike and Sulley at Street of America closed permanently 04/03/16
- Prop Shop- closed permanently 04/03/16
- Studio Catering Co. closed permanently 04/03/16
- Watto's Grotto closed permanently 04/03/16
- High Octane Refreshments closed permanently 04/03/16
- New York News closed permanently 04/03/16
- Youse Guys Moychindise closed permanently 04/03/16
- There are currently no rehabs scheduled at ESPN Wide World of Sports.
Disney Springs Closures
- Pleasure Island restrooms closed 1/6/2014
- Pleasure Island bus stop closed permanently 6/11/2014
- Pollo Compero permanently closed
- United World Soccer store closed 3/25/2015.
- Entrance 4 at Disney Springs - closed permanently 8/28/2014. This is the entrance between Cirque du Soleil and Disney Quest.
- Parking Lots Entrance 2- Lots A-G closed 12/1/2014-8/1/2016- in preparation for the construction of Town Center and the East Garage.
Disney's Palm Golf Course
Disney's Magnolia Golf Course
Disney's Lake Buena Vista Course
Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course
Fantasia Miniature Golf Course
NOTE: Our listing is for those refurbishments that will have an impact on the majority of guests. When it comes to changing out rooms, this is fairly routine as Disney is always monitoring their resorts. Unless it's a full scale remodel, it's considered standard maintenance and is not included in the refurb/rehab schedule.
Walt Disney World announced that all resort beach areas are open again from 1 hour after sunrise until 1 hour before sunset. All watercraft is running. The marinas are once again offer boat rentals. Sammy Duvall's Watersports Center hours are now 9 AM to 5 PM. Keep checking here for further updates.
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas- Kidani Village- Soft Goods refurbishment 4/2/2016- 9/24/2016. Routine enhancements will be going on from 7/15/2016. Work will be conducted between 9AM and 6PM.
- Disney's Beach Club Resort- Beach Club Villas- Soft Goods and Bath refurbishment 1/22/2016- 8/17/2016
- Temporary Bus stop relocation for Magical Express and WDW bus transportation. Bus stop is now at the Porte Cochere at the Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center. There will be signs to direct guests to the new temporary location.
Disney's Boardwalk Resort
- Flying Fish Cafe will be closed from Feb 2016 through 8/13/2016. A renovated dining room and new kitchen area will be part of the remodel.
- ESPN Club: Yard Arcade and Retail- closed to make way for a new experience. ESPN Club dining area is still open.
- Seashore Sweets- closed to make way for new experience.
- Garden Suites Accessible Room Refurbishments- 6/8/2016- 7/12/2016
- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort- Martinique Pool closed 5/31/2016-7/1/2016
- Disney's Grand Floridian- 7/26/2016- 8/30/2016 there will be work performed on the baseboards, door frames, elevators, and some atrium, hallway areas. This is in buildings 1-2 and 4-9.
- Disney's Pop Century Room refurbishment in select buildings- 10/12/2016- 10/26/2016. Work will be limited to the hours of 10 AM - 4PM.
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter- Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory closed- 7/11/2016 until Fall. There will be a bus to Port Orleans Riverside if guests would like to use that food court. There will be a small food area off the lobby at Port Orleans French Quarter.
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Cub's Den (Children's Activity Center) closed through 2017, Sturdy Branches Health Club closed 7/2016- 10/2016.
- Refurbishment will start 10/2/2015. The Hidden Springs quiet pool, resort beach, playground, and the fire pit will be closed 10/26/2015. Work will continue through 2017. Certain pathways, includeding the nature trail will not be available.
- Disney's Yacht Club Resort- Temporary Bus stop relocation for Magical Express and WDW bus transportation. Bus stop is now at the Porte Cochere at the Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center. There will be signs to direct guests to the new temporary location.
- SEASONAL OPERATION: The attraction
only opens during periods of anticipated peak attendance. Check
Guest Relations and Park Guide maps for specific opening/closing
- REHAB: The attraction is
closed for routine maintenance.
- REFURBISHMENT: The
attraction is closed for an extended period for extensive
- DARK: This term is used when a performance of a stage show is not scheduled
If you have discrepancies or corrections, please let us know