2014 Disney World Closings, Disney Rehabs
There is nothing worse than anticipating a specific Disney attraction, and after you arrive, finding out that it will be closed for the duration of your stay.
Below is a complete list of the Walt Disney World rehab schedules that you can expect in the upcoming weeks and months. You can't plan for sudden closings, but you can manage your expectations by referring to the list below before your Disney vacation. Not all "shut downs" are scheduled, and there are countless reasons why an attraction might suddenly close.
Don't get mad at the Cast Members, it's not their fault.
As of 9/27/14: The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place. An automated monorail will allow for faster switching times, more frequent dispatching of trains, and accurate arrival information. Additional buses and watercraft will be available during this time (guests who have early breakfast reservations can also use watercraft or bus service). This schedule will be in place for a few months, but no specific end date has been set. The schedule will be:
Epcot - 8:00am-11:00pm or 1 hour after the Magic Kingdom closes (whichever time is earlier)
Resort monorail - 7:00am-1 hour after the Magic Kingdom closes
Express monorail - 8:30am-1 hour after the Magic Kingdom closes
- Maelstrom- closed 10/6/2014- TBA
- The Spirit of Norway- closed 10/6/2014- TBA
- Anna and Elsa meet and greet in Norway has moved to Magic Kingdom
- Off Kilter- final performance 9/27/2014
- Mo'Rockin- final performance 9/27/2014
- World Showcase Players- final performance 9/25/2014
- Spirit of America Fife & Drum Corps- final performance 9/27/2014
- Cinderella's Royal Table- closed 1/5/2015- 3/6/2015
- Haunted Mansion - closed 12/1/2014 - 12/19/2014
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin- closed 11/10/2014- 11/21/2014
- Walt Disney World Railroad closed 9/29/2014- 11/7/2014
- Yankee Trader- closed 7/28/2014- 12/31/2014
- Enchanted Tiki Room- closed 9/27/2014- 10/3/2014
- Harmony Barber Shop- closed 2/2/2015- 3/30/2015
- The Magic Behind Our Steam Train Tour- closed 9/29/2014- 11/7/2014
- Splash Mountain- closed 1/4/2015- 1/30/2015
- Phone charging kiosks in Cosmic Ray's and Space Mountain Gift Shop- closed
- Kali River Rapids- closed 1/20/2015- 2/2/2015
- Pangani Research Center- Aviary and Hippo viewing area closed 9/2/2014- 11/14/2014
- Parking lot construction through the end of 9/2014. They are making the lot larger.
- Sunrise Safari Tour- last tour is 12/28/2014. This is being discontinued.
- Wild by Design Tour- last tour is 9/26/2014. This is being discontinued.
- Tip Board permanently closed
- LA Prop Cinema Storage closed 6/16/2014- 2/28/2015
- Fantasmic closed 11/19/2014- 11/21/2014
- American Idol Experience closed. Last day was 8/30/2014.
- Backlot Tour closed permanently 9/27/2014
- American Film Institute Showcase at the end of the Backlot Tour closed permanently 8/17/2014.
- There are currently no rehabs scheduled at ESPN Wide World of Sports.
- Typhoon Lagoon closed 10/26/2014- 1/3/2015
- Blizzard Beach closed 1/4/2015- 3/14/2015
- Entrance 4 at Downtown Disney- closing permanently 8/28/2014. This is the entrance between Cirque du Soleil and Disney Quest. There are currently only 2 entrances available into Downtown Disney. Entrance 5 which is across the street from Typhoon Lagoon, and Entrance 2 across from the Hess Station. Entrance 1 is only an exit.
- Parking lots E, F, G, H, I, J, and K are closed. Entrance 1 to the parking lot is now closed. During busy times Disney will open the Team Disney parking lot and provide a shuttle to Downtown Disney. They are building a parking garage in this location.
- The section of road between AMC Theatres and Disney Quest will be closed from 10/21/2013 until Fall 2014. This is for work being done on the parking garage.
- Buena Vista Drive- construction in the Downtown Disney area. Road is being expanded to 10 lanes and several pedestrian bridges will be built. Through 3/2016.
- Pleasure Island restrooms closed 1/6/2014
- Pleasure Island bus stop closed permanently 6/11/2014
- Pollo Compero permanently closed
Disney's Palm Golf Course closed 11/3/2014-11/9/2014
Disney's Magnolia Golf Course- closed 10/20/2014-10/26/2014
Disney's Lake Buena Vista Course closed 10/27/2014-11/2/2014
Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course - closed 10/27/2014-11/2/2014
NOTE: Our listing is for those refurbishments that will have an impact on the majority of guests. When it comes to changing out rooms, this is fairly routine as Disney is always monitoring their resorts. Unless it's a full scale remodel, it's considered standard maintenance and is not included in the refurb/rehab schedule.
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas- Uwanja Camp Water Play area closed 9/22/2014- 10/24/2014
- All Star Music Resort - Intermission Food court closed 8/1/2014-!2/20/2014. There will be transportation to the food court at All Star Sports or All Star Movies. Note'able Games Arcade closed 7/27/2014- 12/20/2014
- Disney's Boardwalk Resort- Kouzzina by Cat Cora closing 9/30/2014
- Disney's Polynesian Resort- Polynesian Beach and Sunset Point- the eastern portion will be unavailable 9/9/2013- to be determined.
- Great Ceremonial House Lobby rehab 3/1/2014 - 12/2014
- Moana Mickey's Arcade closed starting 3/30/2014.
- Trader Jacks- closed 6/16/2014- 12/31/2014.
- Kona Island - closed 8/8/14 - 10/2/14.
- Barefoot Pool Bar closed 7/26/2014- 5/31/2015.
- The pathway to the Transportation and Ticket Center is closed. You should use the sidewalk near the bus top in front of the resort.
- The Volcano Pool is expected to be closed 7/26/2014-3/31/2015. Guests will receive free admission to Blizzard Beach while the pool is closed. The resort will be providing bus transportation to the water park. Polynesian guests can go to a dedicated check-in area and use their MagicBand or RFID card to check in. Guests will also receive complimentary towel rental and access to the beverage refill stations if they have a resort refillable mug. Guests will be notified of the pool closure and offer. Kona Island closed 8/8/2014- 9/30/2014.
- Disney's Saratoga Springs
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge Main Pool closed 9/3/2014- 11/27/2014. Guests may use the pool at Fort Wilderness or the Contemporary. Transportation will be provided. Trout Pass Pool Bar closed 9/3/2014- 11/27/2014
- SEASONAL OPERATION: The attraction only opens during periods of anticipated peak attendance. Check Guest Relations and Park Guide maps for specific opening/closing times.
- REHAB: The attraction is closed for routine maintenance.
- REFURBISHMENT: The attraction is closed for an extended period for extensive repairs/remodeling.
- DARK: This term is used when a performance of a stage show is not scheduled
If you have discrepancies or corrections, please let us know