2014 Disney World Closings, Disney Rehabs
There is nothing worse than anticipating a specific Disney attraction, and after you arrive, finding out that it will be closed for the duration of your stay.
Below is a complete list of the Walt Disney World rehab schedules that you can expect in the upcoming weeks and months. You can't plan for sudden closings, but you can manage your expectations by referring to the list below before your Disney vacation. Not all "shut downs" are scheduled, and there are countless reasons why an attraction might suddenly close.
Don't get mad at the Cast Members, it's not their fault.
As of 9/27/14: The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place. An automated monorail will allow for faster switching times, more frequent dispatching of trains, and accurate arrival information. Additional buses and watercraft will be available during this time (guests who have early breakfast reservations can also use watercraft or bus service). This schedule will be in place for a few months, but no specific end date has been set. The schedule will be:
Epcot - 8:00am-11:00pm or 1 hour after the Magic Kingdom closes (whichever time is earlier)
Resort monorail - 7:00am-1 hour after the Magic Kingdom closes
Express monorail - 8:30am-1 hour after the Magic Kingdom closes
- Anna and Elsa meet and greet in Norway has moved to Magic Kingdom
- Off Kilter- final performance 9/27/2014
- Mo'Rockin- final performance 9/27/2014
- World Showcase Players- final performance 9/25/2014
- Spirit of America Fife & Drum Corps- final performance 9/27/2014
- Maelstrom- closed 10/6/2014
- The Spirit of Norway- closed 10/6/2014
- Phone charging kiosks in Cosmic Ray's and Space Mountain Gift Shop- closed
- Kali River Rapids- closed 1/20/2015- 2/2/2015
- Pangani Research Center- Aviary and Hippo viewing area closed 9/2/2014- 11/14/2014
- Affection Section closed 10/7/2014- 11/10/2014
- Sunrise Safari Tour- last tour is 12/28/2014. This is being discontinued.
- Wild by Design Tour- last tour is 9/26/2014. This is being discontinued.
- Tip Board permanently closed
- LA Prop Cinema Storage closed 6/16/2014- 2/28/2015
- Fantasmic closed 11/19/2014- 11/21/2014
- American Idol Experience closed. Last day was 8/30/2014.
- Backlot Tour closed permanently 9/27/2014
- American Film Institute Showcase at the end of the Backlot Tour closed permanently 8/17/2014.
- There are currently no rehabs scheduled at ESPN Wide World of Sports.
- Typhoon Lagoon closed 10/26/2014- 1/3/2015
- Blizzard Beach closed 1/4/2015- 3/14/2015
- Entrance 4 at Downtown Disney- closing permanently 8/28/2014. This is the entrance between Cirque du Soleil and Disney Quest. There are currently only 2 entrances available into Downtown Disney. Entrance 5 which is across the street from Typhoon Lagoon, and Entrance 2 across from the Hess Station. Entrance 1 is only an exit.
- Parking lots E, F, G, H, I, J, and K are closed. Entrance 1 to the parking lot is now closed. During busy times Disney will open the Team Disney parking lot and provide a shuttle to Downtown Disney. They are building a parking garage in this location.
- The section of road between AMC Theatres and Disney Quest will be closed from 10/21/2013 until Fall 2014. This is for work being done on the parking garage.
- Buena Vista Drive- construction in the Downtown Disney area. Road is being expanded to 10 lanes and several pedestrian bridges will be built. Through 3/2016.
- Pleasure Island restrooms closed 1/6/2014
- Pleasure Island bus stop closed permanently 6/11/2014
- Pollo Compero permanently closed
Disney's Palm Golf Course
Disney's Magnolia Golf Course
Disney's Lake Buena Vista Course
Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course
Fantasia Miniature Golf Course
NOTE: Our listing is for those refurbishments that will have an impact on the majority of guests. When it comes to changing out rooms, this is fairly routine as Disney is always monitoring their resorts. Unless it's a full scale remodel, it's considered standard maintenance and is not included in the refurb/rehab schedule.
- All Star Music Resort - Intermission Food court closed 8/1/2014-12/20/2014. There will be transportation to the food court at All Star Sports or All Star Movies. Note'able Games Arcade closed 7/27/2014- 12/20/2014
- Disney's Boardwalk Resort- The Hess Gas Station near the BoardWalk will close for refurb 10/13/14 and reopen after a couple of weeks. The two other Hess stations (near the Magic Kingdom exit and near Downtown Disney Marketplace) will remain open.
- Disney's Polynesian Resort- Polynesian Beach and Sunset Point- the eastern portion will be unavailable 9/9/2013- to be determined.
- Great Ceremonial House Lobby rehab 3/1/2014 - 12/2014
- Moana Mickey's Arcade closed starting 3/30/2014.
- Trader Jacks- closed 6/16/2014- 12/31/2014.
- Barefoot Pool Bar closed 7/26/2014- 5/31/2015.
- The pathway to the Transportation and Ticket Center is closed. You should use the sidewalk near the bus top in front of the resort.
- The Volcano Pool is expected to be closed 7/26/2014-3/31/2015. Guests will receive free admission to Blizzard Beach while the pool is closed. The resort will be providing bus transportation to the water park. Polynesian guests can go to a dedicated check-in area and use their MagicBand or RFID card to check in. Guests will also receive complimentary towel rental and access to the beverage refill stations if they have a resort refillable mug. Guests will be notified of the pool closure and offer.
- SEASONAL OPERATION: The attraction
only opens during periods of anticipated peak attendance. Check
Guest Relations and Park Guide maps for specific opening/closing
- REHAB: The attraction is
closed for routine maintenance.
- REFURBISHMENT: The
attraction is closed for an extended period for extensive
- DARK: This term is used when a performance of a stage show is not scheduled
If you have discrepancies or corrections, please let us know