UPDATE 4/5/20: According to Cruise Law News, 38 crew members aboard the Disney Wonder have now tested positive for COVID-19. The captain reportedly announced the news to crew members last night via the ship’s intercom. The Wonder is currently docked in the Port of San Diego.
In the letter, Disney Cruise Line states that they “didn’t receive any reports of guests or crew members with COVID-19 symptoms during the sailing.”
Additionally, they received information from a “handful” of guests on that cruise that they “began feeling ill after returning home and have since tested positive for COVID-19. Disney has shared this information with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Take a look at the CDC guidelines below if you think you may have been exposed to COVID-19. You should also visit coronavirus.gov if you have additional questions.
What To Do Next
The CDC recommends that you stay home for 14 days from the time you returned home from your sailing and practice social distancing:
- Take your temperature with a thermometer two times a day and monitor for fever. Also, watch for a cough or trouble breathing.
- Stay home and avoid contact with others. Do not go to work or school.
- Do not take public transportation, taxis or ride-shares.
- Keep a distance from others (about 6 feet or 2 meters).
What To Do If You Get Sick
If you get sick with a fever (100.4°F/38°C or higher) or cough in the 14 days after you return(ed) from travel:
- Stay home. Avoid contact with others.
- You might have COVID-19; most people are able to recover at home without medical care.
- If you have trouble breathing or are worried about your symptoms, call or text a health care provider. Be sure to tell them about your recent cruise ship travel and your symptoms.
- Call ahead before going to a doctor’s office or emergency room.
If you need to seek medical care for other reasons, such as dialysis, it is important to call ahead to your doctor and tell them about your recent travel on the ship.
Senior Editor for The DIS and DCL Fan | Disney Vacation Club Member | Thrilled to have been a '13/'14 Disney Parks Moms Panelist (now planDisney) | Lover of all things Disney; the Magic of Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disney Cruise Line | ºoº