Epcot - Innoventions
|Main Page||Future World||World Showcase|
|Map of Epcot||Mission: Space|
|Captain EO||Spaceship Earth|
|Imagination!||Universe of Energy|
|The Seas with Nemo and Friends||Restaurants/Dining|
|Turtle Talk with Crush||Shows and Events|
Opened: October 1, 1999
Innoventions Plaza is located behind Spaceship Earth and is home to two pavilions, Innoventions East and Innoventions West.
Each center features unique exhibits focusing on scientific and technological innovations. By using imaginative displays that encourage interaction, there's something for all ages to enjoy.
Innoventions is one of those overlooked treasures where you can get a break from the Florida heat and crowds. Kids can work off some energy and learn while playing. There are tons of hands-on activities that they'll love to experience. Give it a chance, you'll be glad that you did. It does get busy on occasion, but that's rare.
Habit Heroes is designed to promote healthy lifestyle habits, such as a nutritious diet and staying active. Habit Heroes 2 takes 12 guests at a time through the three rooms of the 16-minute interactive attraction. In the first room, guests become recruits of Director Jin and her agents "Quench, Dynamo and Fuel." The goal is to take out the enemies of dehydration, inactivity and poor nutrition, which show up as cartoon symbols. Guests must work together through the three rooms using healthy habits, such as good foods, exercise and water to fight back. The exhibit is sponsored by Florida Blue and Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield.
* The original version of this exhibit soft opened in February 2012, but then closed in March 2012 due to criticism of the "heroes".
Test the Limits Lab
Underwriters Labs Inc. has been working for years testing product safety. At this exhibit, you get a chance to become a UL engineer with some hands on fun.
There are five interactive stations that give you an idea of what's involved in making sure that products are safe for consumers. The "Shatter Lab" is where you get to pull a rope attached to a large hammer and send it crashing into a TV screen. The screen doesn't break and it is explained that if it did, it would safely implode. This innovation was a result of UL testing. At the "Impact Lab" you release a 55 gallon drum on a firefighter's helmet. The helmet remains intact thanks to Underwriter Labs safety standards. The "Slam Lab" is where you jump on rubber pads causing fire doors to slam. This tests their reliability after continuous use. The "Drop Lab" drops a safe from a three story building and the "Torture Lab" tests the limits of everyday household appliances.
Sum of all Thrills
This attraction is presented by Raytheon and allows Guests to design their own thrill ride. The entire family will enjoy this ride. A short video shows the importance of math, science and engineering when designing a thrill ride. Your group is escorted to your personal video display where you have the ability to design your own, it could be a mild bobsled track to a wild jet. You are urged to test your design to see if it is fast enough for the design elements. If you are sensitive to motion sickness you might want to sit this ride out. They provide a locker while you are on the simulator for your cameras, purse, and loose-fitting shoes. If you have a problem with heights be aware that you are on the end of a robot arm about 10 feet off the ground. Finally you are seated in a simulator pod where you get to experience the ride you have created. Each pod holds 2 people. There is a height requirement of 54 inches if you design a ride with any inversions.
StormStruck - A Tale of Two Homes
Have you ever wanted to experience a hurricane? Did you ever wonder what it was like? You will experience the "perfect storm" at this attraction when they simulate a hurricane. It helps you to understand the weather, storms and their damage and how to prepare for a hurricane or intense storm. While taking a short interactive video quiz you will learn valuable tips on how to protect your house and family in the event of a hurricane or intense storm. You will feel like you are in the middle of the storm with the special effects of wind and water swirling around you. There is a children's play area where they can compete while gathering items to have during a storm. Adults can take a short video quiz where you are tested on your preparedness in the event of a natural disaster. Be aware that the queue and theatre is small so be prepared for a wait during busy times of the year.
Learn what you can do to preserve the environment, children will learn how to make paper and decorate a sample to take home.
- kymickeyfan717 - "It's fun to walk around and see the different attractions and displays. Very educational and fun at the same time"
- disney_fan1972 - "There isn't a real focus on innovation as you would expect. I love learning about new things and this is just same old stuff that's been around for years. Its alot of empty space"
More Innoventions East Reviews
Where's the Fire? (presented by Liberty Mutual)
This exhibit is a fun game to teach kids about fire safety in the home. Work together in teams to find the fire hazards in a mock home before the fire consumes the home. Take your picture with a 30-foot pumper truck and email it home to your friends and family. A section of this exhibit is designed to teach little ones how to escape a fire and to 'stop, drop and roll'. Earn "Fire Chief" ranking by answering the "Burning Questions."
SmarterPlanet (presented by IBM)
The display is designed to show the impact that individuals and groups working together can have on the planet. IBM is an original sponsor in Innoventions since 1994. This exhibit has two parts. On one side of the walkway you use a video screen to test your knowledge of ways to save the planet. On the other side of the walkway guests create an avatar of themselves and jump, run and dance their way through a video game learning what it takes to create a smarter planet. The kids will love seeing themselves on the video screen. Families can compete against each other to see who has the highest score. This area also has a great area to relax and enjoy the air conditioning.
The Great Piggy Bank Adventure
T.Rowe Price worked with Disney to create this interactive game to teach families the importance of financial planning. This is a great area to spend some time with your children. It teaches them about how important planning is with your money. When you enter the area you are asked to decide what your savings goal is. They give you a piggy bank before you are off to your first station. The Piggy bank actuates several of the station. You take your piggy bank from station to station trying to save enough money to reach your long term goal. You play interactive video games at each station. Keep an eye out for the wolf that will try to take your hard earned money! The last station is where you can weigh your Piggy bank to see if you have earned enough for your goal. This is a fun area and you will find yourself wanting to play several times.
VIDEOGAME PLAYGROUND – Test out the latest in videogame technology. Compete in a game against your favorite sports teams, duel against villains, or take off on an adventure with your favorite Disney characters.
- miss missy - "I love this area. There are a lot of fun things to do for kids and adults. It can be a nice break from the heat too. Don't fall into the trap that Epcot is not for kids, because this is an example that it is."
- MarchMadness24 - "This is a great attraction where kids can actually learn on vacation, which is great! Great atmosphere to cool off in."
More Innoventions West Reviews
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Harambe Nights sold out this weekend - Harambe Nights is sold out for the weekend of July 19. Tickets are still available for the remaining weekends.
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Registration now open for Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Registration is already filling up. Prices are listed here and will go up after a certain date.
- Seats still remaining for Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Sneak Preview - Sample food's from this year's Festival and hear speakers discussing the new marketplaces, special events and more!
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Magic Kingdom Turnstiles - Main St. Station - Wish you were at Disney today? Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Magic Kingdom Turnstiles - Main St. Station.
- Less than a month left to book a Disney vacation with free dining! - Guests can book a Walt Disney World room and ticket vacation package that includes a stay at a Walt Disney World resort, and receive the Dining Plan for free!
- Backstage package begins today Cirque du Soleil - Package is available for 6:00 performances on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Create a personalized Coca-Cola label at Club Cool - Guests at Walt Disney World will be able to create a personalized label for a 7.5 oz Coca-Cola can.
- Blog - Like This at Walt Disney World? Try That at Universal Orlando.
- Viewing locations for final World Cup games - The final three games will be shown in multiple locations.
- Blog - Some Dos and Don'ts of Frozen Summer Fun
- Candlelight Processional dining package info released - Information includes list of restaurants and approximate prices. Reserved fireworks viewing is not included this year.
- Minor changes to menu at Harambe Nights party - The lamb chops with tamarind pomegranate sauce will no longer be served. A Moroccan beef kefta dish will be served at the buffet after the show instead of the pre-show reception.
- Blog - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You?
- It's Tough to be a Bug closes for refurb - The Animal Kingdom attraction will be closed from 7/7/14 - 8/11/14.
- Photos of Oaken's Trading Post and merchandise available at Frozen Summer Fun - We've added merchandise photos and photos of Oaken's Trading Post to our blog on this event.
- VIDEO: Anna and Elsa's Royal Welcome featuring Kristoff at Frozen Summer Fun - Frozen Summer Fun has come to Disney's Hollywood Studios and the first daily event is a Royal Welcome parade for Anna and Elsa with a special appearance by Kristoff. At the end of the parade, the two princesses appear on the Sorcerer Mickey hat stage for a sing-along of "Let It Go" with Olaf!
- New backstage package offered at Cirque du Soleil - This $250 package includes ticket, snacks, gift bag and backstage meet and greet.
- Minimum age lowered to travel solo on Magical Express - The minimum age to travel alone on Magical Express has been lowered to age 12 from age 16.
- Flying Fish Cafe to serve breakfast this fall - Reservations are now being accepted for 10/1 - 12/7/14.
- Florida residents can save 35% on a Room Only reservation - Florida residents can save when booking a room-only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for stays most nights July 2014 - September 2014.
- Premium Package added for Frozen Summer Fun Live - Package will include reserved seating and viewing for three of the day's events.
- Changes to PhotoPass print packages at restaurants - Beginning 7/27/14, PhotoPass print packages will no longer be offered table-side at Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Time schedule announced for Frozen Summer Fun Live at Hollywood Studios - The world of Frozen is taking over Hollywood Studios this summer. Spend the day enjoying these brand-new interactive experiences.
- Extended operating hours for monorail for 4th of July holiday - The monorail will have extended operating hours on July 3-5.
- Garden View Tea Room at Grand Floridian to undergo refurb - Garden View Tea Room closed 6/30/14 - 8/29/14. Perfectly Princess Tea Party will take place at Citricos.
- Partial list of Candlelight Processional narrators announced - Sharon Stone and Ana Gasteyer are new additions this year.
- Blog - Making the Most Out of a Summer Trip to Walt Disney World
- 4th of July Craft beer event at the Swan and Dolphin Hotel - Eight different brews will be on tap as the hotel partners with Cigar City Brewing of Tampa.
- July merchandise events and signings at the Walt Disney World Resort - Disney artists will sign their work at locations around Walt Disney World.
- Two new VIP tours added at Walt Disney World - The Ultimate Day of Thrills - A VIP Tour Experience and The Ultimate Day for Young Families - A VIP Tour Experience will both take guests to three parks, giving them VIP access to several attractions.
- Cinderella's Royal Table to be closed for 2 months - The character dining restaurant will be closed for refurbishment 1/5/2015 - 3/6/2015.
- Blog - FROZEN Summer Fun LIVE! Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Several dates sold out for Animal Kingdom's Harambe Nights - Premium seating is sold out for all dates. General seating is sold out for 6/28 and 7/5.
- Several changes made to park hours for rest of 2014 - Many changes have been made to Extra Magic Hours, as well as park hours extended and more Fantasmic and Main Street Electrical performances added.
- Several refurb dates planned for Winter Summerland mini golf course - The summer course will be closed for several dates throughout the summer.
- Parking lot construction at Animal Kingdom through September - The lot will be expanded in anticipation of larger crowds with the additions coming to the park.
- Agent P World Showcase Adventure to utilize smartphones - Beginning 6/27/14, the current flip phones will be replaced with smartphones.
- Another new meet and greet location for Snow White - She can now be seen on the front porch of Town Square Theater.
- Blog - Downtown Disney - Land of construction walls and cranes
- Blog - Disney Park Favorites in New Vinylmation Park Starz 3
- Rock Your Summer Side Dance Party at Hollywood Studios - This dance party will take place nightly from 6:00-10:00pm.
- Details for 4th of July at Walt Disney World - The parks will have special fireworks shows and Disney characters dressed in patriotic costumes.
- Ticket discounts for Cirque du Soleil - Discounted tickets are available for performances July 1-19, July 14, July 23-Sept 13, Sept 23-27, 2014.
- Summer discounts available for Walt Disney World golf courses - Play early in the day and save on a round of golf.
- Partial character list scheduled for Villains Unleashed event - Villains can be seen in stage shows, character greetings, and more.
- Price increases to $15/hour at Disney's Children's Activity Centers - This is at Club Disney at the Polynesian, Simba's Cubhouse at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Sandcastle Club at the Beach Club, and Cub's Den at the Wilderness Lodge.
- Tables in Wonderland hosts Epcot Food & Wine Festival Preview Event - Sample food's from this year's Festival and hear speakers discussing the new marketplaces, special events and more.
- Wilderness Lodge main pool closing from 9/3-11/27/14 - Main Pool closed 9/3/2014- 11/27/2014. Guests may use the pool at Fort Wilderness or the Contemporary. Transportation will be provided.
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
- Technical glitch causes Universal's Transformers ride to stall
- Report: Monorail evacuated after lightning strike
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
- Magic Kingdom guest got tips of fingers cut off on Pirates of the Caribbean
- Elizabeth Mitchell cast on Once Upon A Time
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 12:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios