Epcot - Innoventions
|Main Page||Future World||World Showcase|
|Map of Epcot||Mission: Space|
|Captain EO||Spaceship Earth|
|Imagination!||Universe of Energy|
|The Seas with Nemo and Friends||Restaurants/Dining|
|Turtle Talk with Crush||Shows and Events|
Opened: October 1, 1999
Innoventions Plaza is located behind Spaceship Earth and is home to two pavilions, Innoventions East and Innoventions West.
Each center features unique exhibits focusing on scientific and technological innovations. By using imaginative displays that encourage interaction, there's something for all ages to enjoy.
Innoventions is one of those overlooked treasures where you can get a break from the Florida heat and crowds. Kids can work off some energy and learn while playing. There are tons of hands-on activities that they'll love to experience. Give it a chance, you'll be glad that you did. It does get busy on occasion, but that's rare.
Habit Heroes is designed to promote healthy lifestyle habits, such as a nutritious diet and staying active. Habit Heroes 2 takes 12 guests at a time through the three rooms of the 16-minute interactive attraction. In the first room, guests become recruits of Director Jin and her agents "Quench, Dynamo and Fuel." The goal is to take out the enemies of dehydration, inactivity and poor nutrition, which show up as cartoon symbols. Guests must work together through the three rooms using healthy habits, such as good foods, exercise and water to fight back. The exhibit is sponsored by Florida Blue and Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield.
* The original version of this exhibit soft opened in February 2012, but then closed in March 2012 due to criticism of the "heroes".
Test the Limits Lab
Underwriters Labs Inc. has been working for years testing product safety. At this exhibit, you get a chance to become a UL engineer with some hands on fun.
There are five interactive stations that give you an idea of what's involved in making sure that products are safe for consumers. The "Shatter Lab" is where you get to pull a rope attached to a large hammer and send it crashing into a TV screen. The screen doesn't break and it is explained that if it did, it would safely implode. This innovation was a result of UL testing. At the "Impact Lab" you release a 55 gallon drum on a firefighter's helmet. The helmet remains intact thanks to Underwriter Labs safety standards. The "Slam Lab" is where you jump on rubber pads causing fire doors to slam. This tests their reliability after continuous use. The "Drop Lab" drops a safe from a three story building and the "Torture Lab" tests the limits of everyday household appliances.
Sum of all Thrills
This attraction is presented by Raytheon and allows Guests to design their own thrill ride. The entire family will enjoy this ride. A short video shows the importance of math, science and engineering when designing a thrill ride. Your group is escorted to your personal video display where you have the ability to design your own, it could be a mild bobsled track to a wild jet. You are urged to test your design to see if it is fast enough for the design elements. If you are sensitive to motion sickness you might want to sit this ride out. They provide a locker while you are on the simulator for your cameras, purse, and loose-fitting shoes. If you have a problem with heights be aware that you are on the end of a robot arm about 10 feet off the ground. Finally you are seated in a simulator pod where you get to experience the ride you have created. Each pod holds 2 people. There is a height requirement of 54 inches if you design a ride with any inversions.
StormStruck - A Tale of Two Homes
Have you ever wanted to experience a hurricane? Did you ever wonder what it was like? You will experience the "perfect storm" at this attraction when they simulate a hurricane. It helps you to understand the weather, storms and their damage and how to prepare for a hurricane or intense storm. While taking a short interactive video quiz you will learn valuable tips on how to protect your house and family in the event of a hurricane or intense storm. You will feel like you are in the middle of the storm with the special effects of wind and water swirling around you. There is a children's play area where they can compete while gathering items to have during a storm. Adults can take a short video quiz where you are tested on your preparedness in the event of a natural disaster. Be aware that the queue and theatre is small so be prepared for a wait during busy times of the year.
Learn what you can do to preserve the environment, children will learn how to make paper and decorate a sample to take home.
- kymickeyfan717 - "It's fun to walk around and see the different attractions and displays. Very educational and fun at the same time"
- disney_fan1972 - "There isn't a real focus on innovation as you would expect. I love learning about new things and this is just same old stuff that's been around for years. Its alot of empty space"
More Innoventions East Reviews
Where's the Fire? (presented by Liberty Mutual)
This exhibit is a fun game to teach kids about fire safety in the home. Work together in teams to find the fire hazards in a mock home before the fire consumes the home. Take your picture with a 30-foot pumper truck and email it home to your friends and family. A section of this exhibit is designed to teach little ones how to escape a fire and to 'stop, drop and roll'. Earn "Fire Chief" ranking by answering the "Burning Questions."
SmarterPlanet (presented by IBM)
The display is designed to show the impact that individuals and groups working together can have on the planet. IBM is an original sponsor in Innoventions since 1994. This exhibit has two parts. On one side of the walkway you use a video screen to test your knowledge of ways to save the planet. On the other side of the walkway guests create an avatar of themselves and jump, run and dance their way through a video game learning what it takes to create a smarter planet. The kids will love seeing themselves on the video screen. Families can compete against each other to see who has the highest score. This area also has a great area to relax and enjoy the air conditioning.
The Great Piggy Bank Adventure
T.Rowe Price worked with Disney to create this interactive game to teach families the importance of financial planning. This is a great area to spend some time with your children. It teaches them about how important planning is with your money. When you enter the area you are asked to decide what your savings goal is. They give you a piggy bank before you are off to your first station. The Piggy bank actuates several of the station. You take your piggy bank from station to station trying to save enough money to reach your long term goal. You play interactive video games at each station. Keep an eye out for the wolf that will try to take your hard earned money! The last station is where you can weigh your Piggy bank to see if you have earned enough for your goal. This is a fun area and you will find yourself wanting to play several times.
VIDEOGAME PLAYGROUND – Test out the latest in videogame technology. Compete in a game against your favorite sports teams, duel against villains, or take off on an adventure with your favorite Disney characters.
- miss missy - "I love this area. There are a lot of fun things to do for kids and adults. It can be a nice break from the heat too. Don't fall into the trap that Epcot is not for kids, because this is an example that it is."
- MarchMadness24 - "This is a great attraction where kids can actually learn on vacation, which is great! Great atmosphere to cool off in."
More Innoventions West Reviews
- Blog - Dole Whips are back at the Polynesian Village Resort at the new and disappointing Pineapple Lanai
- Shortened monorail operating hours now in place - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- American Idol Experience is now closed at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This attraction closed August 30, 2014. No definitive plans have been announced for this space.
- VIDEO: Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed - Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed brings Vegas to Walt Disney World. Villains Unleashed took over Disney's Hollywood Studios on August 23, 2014 and part of the hard ticket event was Oogie Boogie's Freak Funhouse Show. Oogie Boogie hosts the show that features a sword-swallowing act, daredevil archery and a finale full of fire!
- Refurb closures planned for Walt Disney World water parks - Typhoon Lagoon will be closed 10/26/14-1/3/15 and Blizzard Beach will be closed 1/4/15-3/14/15.
- Top 5 Signature Dining Experiences at the Walt Disney World Resorts - 1,600 listeners and viewers of our DIS Unplugged web-cast voted on their favorite signature restaurants at the Walt Disney World resort hotels.
- Blog - The Top 5 Underutilized Spaces at Walt Disney World
- Starbucks will open at Hollywood Studios in February 2015 - The Trolley Car Cafe will be located along Hollywood Boulevard and be themed like a trolley car station. Disney baked goods and Starbucks La Boulange pastry items will be available. An exact location hasn't been announced.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- VIDEO: Star-Lord & Gamora from 'Guardians of the Galaxy' at Villains Unleashed - Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, and Gamora made their first appearance ever at the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Tape Vol. 1 Dance Party during the Villains Unleashed event at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Mikala Canoe Club Marina at Polynesian to be closed for refurb - The marina will be closed 9/15 - 9/19/2014. Sail boat/motorized boats and fishing excursions will not be available.
- Entrance 4 to Downtown Disney's parking lot now closed - Entrance 4 (between Cirque du Soleil and DisneyQuest) is now closed permanently. The only entrances are Entrance 2 (across from the Hess Station) and Entrance 5 (across from Typhoon Lagoon).
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Opening Ceremony - Villains Unleashed kicked off at Disney's Hollywood Studios with an opening ceremony hosted by Hades, Pain, Panic and Megara from Hercules. Once the stars of the night took the stage they introduced some of the 50 Disney Villains guests could meet at the special hard ticket event.
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Event Overview - Over 50 Disney villains took over Disney's Hollywood Studios for the Villains Unleashed Event.
- Times updated for events at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Party is a specially ticketed event at the Magic Kingdom that begins September 1.
- Villains' Sinister Soiree add-on available for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This special add-on will give guests preferred viewing for Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade (8:15pm) and the Happy HalloWishes fireworks show. Lady Tremaine will host a dessert soiree at Cinderella's Royal Table Restaurant for you and some of her friends.
- 5 Elements from the Disney Parks that You'll Find on a Disney Cruise Ship - You have been to the Disney Parks, and you love them. You keep going back for that pixie-dust rush. You can’t imagine a vacation apart from Disney Parks, yet somehow the “old and familiar” is getting a bit old and familiar. This is where the Disney Cruise Line enters. It’s a Disney vacation of a different variety. The dissimilarities are a bit obvious. You’re on a ship in the ocean, visiting foreign places. This is nothing like being landlocked in a park, surrounded by coasters and kiosks. So what can you expect from the Disney Parks to carry over to your cruise?
- Blog - "Villains Unleashed" needs leashing up - Disney's overcrowded hard ticket event leaves guests in long lines most of the night
- Mickey's PhilharMagic refurb extended - The end date has been moved from September 19 to the 28th. The attraction will go down September 8.
- Enchanted Tiki Room going down for refurb in late September - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from 9/27 - 10/3/2014.
- Two Epcot New Year's Eve dining events released - More New Year's Eve events are yet to be released.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Updated operating schedule for monorails - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Charging stations for electric vehicles added to Epcot parking lot - Disney has added four Level 2 ChargePoint charging stations to the Journey parking lot at Epcot. Electric vehicles will be charged $.35 per kw/h, with a minimum charge of $1.50.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/31/14 - Tickets are still available for all other dates.
- New Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street Party to debut at Magic Kingdom this fall - Stitch and Phineas & Ferb will join the party and Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy will ride on top of giant gift boxes. The soundtrack will feature remixed classic party songs and guests will vote for one of three current hits to be played.
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- MagicBands can now be purchased without ticket media - The bands are now available for purchase across property.
- Changes to boat schedules at Downtown Disney - Schedules have been changing recently due to construction.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Ultimate Day VIP Tour available at Epcot Food & Wine Festival - This daylong tour begins at the Festival Center's VIP Lounge and includes champagne, a beverage tasting, six-course tapas-style lunch, wine, private backstage tours, time on Epcot attractions, food and beverage pairings with Disney chefs, VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, and reserved seating for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular.
- Blog - New Golden Oak Outpost Menu is Waffle Fry Heaven
- Sunrise Safari at Animal Kingdom ending 12/28/14 - This tour is exclusive to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level guests.
- American Idol Experience to close August 30 - No plans have been announced for the space.
- Florida residents save $40 on Cirque du Soleil tickets - Through September and October, Florida residents will save $40 on adult Cirque du Soleil tickets purchased at the box office.
- VIDEO: The Refurbished Capt. Cook's at Polynesian Resort - After a long refurbishment, Capt. Cook's has reopened at the Polynesian Village Resort. Major changes include artwork in the seating area, a new menu, no more ordering off of touch screens and the tragic loss of the Dole Whip self-serve machine.
- American Film Institute at the end of Backlot Tour to close - As of August 17, the American Film Institute Showcase exhibit at the end of the ride will be closed. This exhibit features props and costumes from various films. The gift shop will also close.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blog - Polynesian Resort's Capt. Cook's quick service restaurant reopens after refurbishment
- Golden Oak Outpost now serving specialty waffle fries - This walk-up stand is located on the backside of Frontierland on the walkway to Adventureland.
- Tower of Terror On-ride videos available with Memory Maker - After riding The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a video of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. This video is only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Great Irish Hooley Festival to be held at Downtown Disney - "Hooley" is Irish slang for party or celebration. Celebrate with food, drink and dancing.
- Update coming to My Disney Experience - make dining reservations 20 minutes in advance - A new update will allow guests to make same day dining reservations only 20 minutes in advance.
- Performance times updated for Night of Joy - Disney’s Night of Joy is a hard-ticket event at the Magic Kingdom that features contemporary Christian performers.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Lobby - Lobby Waterfall - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Polynesian Resort.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Continues to Materialize
- Refurb scheduled this winter for the Haunted Mansion - The attraction will be closed from 12/1 - 12/19/14.
- It's Tough to be a Bug refurb extended until 9/27 - This attraction was originally scheduled to reopen August 11, but will instead stay closed through September 27.
- Yankee Trader shop refurb extended through December - The shop is becoming a Haunted Mansion gift shop.
- Disney and unions argue about extra shift distribution policy
- Polynesian Resort opens new Dole Whip location
- Popular EPCOT acts to depart this Fall
- Wet 'n Wild employee trapped in pool; now in critical condition
- Star Wars mobile game app released by Disney
- Disney contract approved by part-time employees
- Citation banning whale trainers from water will not be appealed by SeaWorld
- Disney cancels 2014 Festival of the Masters art show
- Radio Disney to shut down stations and lay off employees
- Disney proposes new contract for part-time employees
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios