Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
Pools and Recreation
Swimming at Disney's Grand Floridian offers two options. If you prefer a quieter setting, then the Courtyard Pool, nestled in the midst of this beautiful resort, is perfect. A hot tub is also available to relax in. If you prefer a more lively time, the grotto themed Beach Pool with its slides and waterfalls will more than meet your expectations. You're welcome to head to the private sandy beach where you'll find canopied lounge chairs, but please note that swimming in the Seven Seas Lagoon is prohibited.
A kiddie pool is available for the littlest guests, as well as an Alice in Wonderland-themed water play area. An upside-down Mad Hatter's hat fills with water, then dumps onto guests when it is full. A large teapot pours its contents into a series of teacups that will rain down on the guests below. Two mini waterslides, sprinklers and water spouts complete this play area.
Other water-related recreational activities include rentals at the marina of water mice, sail boats, pontoon boats, pedal boats or water skiing.
Marina, Captainís Shipyard
- Grand 1 Sea Ray Yacht - A new level of luxury awaits you for cruises around Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. Available for rental, it is routinely used for anniversary parties, birthdays, fireworks cruises and special events.
The yacht has a top speed of 36 miles per hour. It features a small kitchen and dining area as well as three, fully furnished staterooms. A microwave oven, four televisions, a heating / air conditioning unit and a state-of-the-art Bose stereo system round off the amenities.
The cost to rent this fantastic vessel is a steep $535 per hour, and it can accommodate as many as 18 guests. Call 407-824-2682 for reservations.
Mercury WaterMouse: $21.59 (plus tax) per 1/2 hour/
$27.23 (plus tax) per 45 min./$30.05 (plus tax per hour)
Sun Tracker Pontoon Boats (1-10 passengers): $34.74 (plus tax) per 1/2 hour
Canopy Boats - $24.88 (plus tax) per 1/2 hour
Sailboats - 13' Catamaran $23.47 (plus tax) per hour
Fireworks from the Magic Kingdom Park can be viewed from the lagoon on a boat cruise on the Grand 1. On this elegant cruise, you can have private dining served by a butler for up to 17 people. For more information, call 407-824-2439.
Videos are available from Guest Services for guests to borrow at no charge. A room charge slip for $100 per movie is required but is destroyed upon return of the movie. Call Guest Services from your room at 8-282-1676 for information.
Some of the most interesting and imaginative children's programming at Walt Disney World is found here at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
Campfire & Movie
Meet on the lawn behind the beach pool for a nightly campfire and movie (weather permitting). The campfire on the beach is at 8:00 pm and the movie is at 9:00 pm.
For those that prefer their sports and recreational activities to be done on dry land, 2 lighted clay tennis courts, jogging, volleyball, croquet, an arcade and the Grand Floridian Spa & Health Club are available. Open 24 hours (with a resort key), the Health Club offers top-notch services with a full range of Cybex cardio-vascular and strength equipment, personal trainers, saunas, steam-rooms, and whirlpools. Photos of the fitness center
This full-service spa and health club is designed to feel like you've just stepped into a 20th century Victorian garden. Senses offers a wide range of spa services that include hand and body treatments (facials, manicures and pedicures), facial therapy, massage therapy, water therapy and soaks, and nutrition and fitness counseling. Kids' Massages, mini-facials, manicures and pedicures are also offered. The Spa is open from 8 am until 8 pm daily and there is also a selection of beauty products and apparel offered. For appointments, call 407-WDW-SPAS. Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult and a 24 hour cancellation policy is in effect.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Hollywood Studios