Magic Kingdom - Swiss Family Treehouse
|Enchanted Tiki Room||Swiss Family Treehouse|
|Jungle Cruise||Shows and Events|
|The Magic Carpets of Aladdin||Restaurants and Shopping|
|Pirates of the Caribbean|
Swiss Family Treehouse
Walk through time: 13 minutes, 5 seconds
The Swiss Family Treehouse is based on the 1960 live action Disney feature film "Swiss Family Robinson."
The first thing you think when you visit this "attraction" is "why?" Next you wonder why they also built it at Disneyland Paris and Tokyo. At least its predecessor at Disneyland Anaheim was converted to a Tarzan theme. No such luck in Florida.
Make no mistake, this is a treehouse and it doesn't come with an elevator. That means navigating the 116 steps.
Along your never-ending trek will be such exciting scenes as the pulley system that uses bamboo buckets and a water wheel to get water to the top of the tree. When your attention isn't riveted on this and the other "amazing innovations", you're probably considering backtracking. (Sorry, once you start, you have to keep going.)
While it does have some devotees, the Swiss Family Treehouse is one of those attractions that you're most likely to try once and never bother with again.
Handicapped Accessibility: This one of the few attractions that is totally inaccessible for people who are not ambulatory.
Fun facts: The tree is known as Disneyodendron eximus, which means "out of the ordinary Disney tree." It's manmade with concrete roots. The 1,400 limbs are constructed of steel coated in cement. The 300,000 plastic leaves were attached by hand. The tree is 90 feet high and 60 feet wide.
- REVIEW: Eating a Little Bit of *Everything* at Yak & Yeti in Disney's Animal Kingdom
- A Not So Amazing Plant-Based Lunch at ABC Commissary
- 'Disney Enchantment' Will Happen Twice Nightly on Select Dates
- Fabulous (and Delicious!) Finds at the 2022 Flower and Garden Festival
- Disney Will Cover Travel Expenses for Cast Members Who Want an Abortion
- At Long Last, The Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue Has Reopened!
- The Disney Wish Won't Have a Godmother, It'll Have Godchildren Instead
- Magic Kingdom's Fireworks Dessert Party- A Worthy Splurge?
- MTO: What Are the Best Options for Today's First-Time Homebuyers?
- Two Crew Member Test Sailings on the Disney Wish Have Been Cancelled
- Discount Walt Disney World Tickets. Best Price Guarantee!
- The Horror of Blumhouse Returns to Halloween Horror Nights
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party & More Returning in 2022
- Walt Disney World Theme Park Hours for August 2022
- Using an ECV at Disney? Let's Rank the Available Transportation Options!
- View More...
MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, FRIDAY