Magic Kingdom - Swiss Family Treehouse
|Enchanted Tiki Room||Swiss Family Treehouse|
|Jungle Cruise||Shows and Events|
|The Magic Carpets of Aladdin||Restaurants and Shopping|
|Pirates of the Caribbean|
Swiss Family Treehouse
Walk through time: 13 minutes, 5 seconds
The Swiss Family Treehouse is based on the 1960 live action Disney feature film "Swiss Family Robinson."
The first thing you think when you visit this "attraction" is "why?" Next you wonder why they also built it at Disneyland Paris and Tokyo. At least its predecessor at Disneyland Anaheim was converted to a Tarzan theme. No such luck in Florida.
Make no mistake, this is a treehouse and it doesn't come with an elevator. That means navigating the 116 steps.
Along your never-ending trek will be such exciting scenes as the pulley system that uses bamboo buckets and a water wheel to get water to the top of the tree. When your attention isn't riveted on this and the other "amazing innovations", you're probably considering backtracking. (Sorry, once you start, you have to keep going.)
While it does have some devotees, the Swiss Family Treehouse is one of those attractions that you're most likely to try once and never bother with again.
Handicapped Accessibility: This one of the few attractions that is totally inaccessible for people who are not ambulatory.
Fun facts: The tree is known as Disneyodendron eximus, which means "out of the ordinary Disney tree." It's manmade with concrete roots. The 1,400 limbs are constructed of steel coated in cement. The 300,000 plastic leaves were attached by hand. The tree is 90 feet high and 60 feet wide.
- CFO Christine McCarthy Could Potentially Become Disney's First Female CEO
- DCL Updates Flexible Refund Policy In Light of More COVID Cases Emerging
- New Popcorn Bucket Available at Disney Springs
- New Food Coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney is Being Sued Over Disney Genie and Genie Plus
- Five Ways to Find Humor at Walt Disney World
- SVP of Communications at Disney Media & Entertainment Steps Down
- New Indian-Inspired Disney Princess Animated Musical In the Works
- Top 5 Most Relaxing Lunch Spots at Disney World
- 5 Disney Attraction Soundtracks We Love
- American Airlines & Gary Sinise Foundation Fly Military Family Members to WDW
- All You Need to Know About the Gingerbread House at Disney's Grand Floridian
- New Details Revealed for Disney Cruise Line's Pixar Day at Sea
- Man Reportedly Jumps to Death From Disneyland Parking Structure
- Monday Merch: Bambi, Mickey Mouse Jungle Cruise, Aristocats & More!
- View More...