DIS Daily Email Updates: Stay informed with all things Disney and Central Florida!
Enter your email address below to receive DIS Updates by email — including News, Blogs, Podcasts, Discounts, and Disney Updates.
If you plan on visiting a Walt Disney World theme park on New Year's Eve, here are some tips to help make your day as painless as possible:
1) You should arrive early in the morning at the park of your choice and be prepared to spend your entire day there. The parks will reach capacity with no further admittance allowed. Park hopping on New Year's Eve is not recommended.
2) It's a common misconception that guests staying in a Disney Resort are guaranteed admittance into every park. This is not true; as a Disney Resort guest you are promised to gain entrance into a park, but it may not be the park of your choice. Note that having a dining reservation does not mean that you will be allowed in if that park has already reached capacity.
3) For your comfort, arrive early and rent a locker. Should the weather be an issue, you can stow your warm clothes or raingear.
4) If there's an attraction on your "must-do" list, try to make a FastPass+ reservation for it. It's not uncommon to see waits of 2+ hours at the most popular attractions.
5) The parks will have live entertainment throughout the day/evening in addition to special midnight fireworks. Be sure to grab a Times Guide upon entering the park.
Theme Park Hours
Not all 2014 info released yet - will be updated as it comes available.
6:30 pm and 11:40 pm: Special ending to IllumiNations
Smoke billowing dragon in China, Euro-pop and lasers in Italy, Latin band and DJ on American Gardens Stage, "Blast to the past" in United Kingdom(check Daily Times Guides for specific times)
Fantasia 2014 - Close out the year at Epcot's World ShowPlace with a tribute to the film Fantasia. The buffet will feature soups, salads, deep-fried turkey breast, mahi mahi, pasta, assorted desserts and fresh fruit. Price is $64.99 for adults and $41.99 for children ages 3-10 (tax and gratuity not included). Available from 4:30-10:30pm on New Year's Eve and can be booked by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
To ring in 2015, Monsieur Paul is offering a special 4-course meal that begins with champagne for $235 (plux tax and gratuity) and wine pairings can be added for $60. Reservations are taken from noon-6:30pm or 8:45-9:50pm by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
The DIS Unplugged is a weekly trip planning podcast with unbiased advice on getting the most from your next Disney vacation. Each week our team of Disney experts tells you what's new, what's good, and what's not-so-good in the world of Disney. New shows are released every Wednesday and can be found at disunplugged.com!
2013 Price: Standard Admission = $37 (gratuity not included)
VIP Admission = $75
Standard event admission includes celebrating with a Video DJ on the main dance floor, a complimentary champagne toast to ring in 2014 and "party favors." Additional beverages will be available for purchase from three bars. Must be 21 or older to enter.
Dress: Business casual or formal.
Downtown Disney New Year's Eve Events
DisneyQuest New Year's Eve Party
Date: 12/31/13 (2014 info not yet released)
Time: 8:00 pm - 1:00 am
Price: Advance tickets = $55 (tax included)
Tickets purchased day of event = $65 (includes tax)
Guests will be able to play all DisneyQuest games as well as attend 2 DJ dance parties and countdown to 2014 with a confetti drop and party favors. Character meet and greets will be available as well! Meet Chip 'n Dale, Buzz Lightyear and Wreck-It Ralph.
DisneyQuest will end normal operating hours at 7:00 pm to prepare for this party.
Cirque du Soleil (2014 info not yet released)
Celebrate the New Year at Downtown Disney West Side's Cirque du Soleil La Nouba. There will be a special finale at each performance, a limited edition La Nouba trading pin for each guest and specialty drinks for purchase.
December 31, 2013
Two Performances: 6:00 pm, 9:00 pm
For tickets, contact 407-WDW-SEAT
Ages 10 and up
Front and Center
Splitsville Luxury Lanes New Year's Eve Party
Date: 12/31/13 (2014 info not yet released)
Age: 21 and up
Bowling Package - $175 per person (minimum 4 people). Includes 3 1/2 hours of bowling, shoe rental, one appetizer and one entree per person, two drink tickets, one bottle of champagne or house wine and non-alcoholic beverages.
Table Package - $100 per person. Includes 3 1/2 hour table reservation, choice of one appetizer or entree per person, two drink tickets, one bottle of champagne or house wine, and non-alcoholic beverages.
Ring in the New Year with bowling, food, drinks, a DJ, dancing, pool tables and more!
For more information, call 407-938-PINS or email SocialDirectorsOrlando@SplitsvilleLanes.com.
2014 info not yet released
Bongos Cuban Cafe
8:00pm - 2:00pm
Four-course dinner, champagne, party favors, live music and a midnight countdown!
To reserve a table, contact GRodriguez@BongosCubanCafe.com
House band Creel and Irish dancing. Champagne toasts at 7:00pm and midnight!
House of Blues
Reggae band SOJA will put on a concert suitable for fans of all ages. $37-$40.