New Year's Eve at Disney World - 2012
- Walt Disney World Holiday Highlights
- Theme Park Hours
- New Year's Eve Dining Events
- Cirque du Soleil
- Atlantic Dance
- Downtown Disney
If you plan on visiting a Walt Disney World theme park on New Year's Eve, here are some tips to help make your day as painless as possible:
1) You should arrive early in the morning at the park of your choice and be prepared to spend your entire day there. The parks will reach capacity with no further admittance allowed. Park hopping on New Year's Eve is not recommended.
2) It's a common misconception that guests staying in a Disney Resort are guaranteed admittance into every park. This is not true; as a Disney Resort guest you are promised to gain entrance into a park, but it may not be the park of your choice. Note that having a dining reservation does not mean that you will be allowed in if that park has already reached capacity.
3) For your comfort, arrive early and rent a locker. Should the weather be an issue, you can stow your warm clothes or raingear.
4) Fastpasses will run out quickly, so if there's an attraction on your "must-do" list, get yours as soon as possible. It's not uncommon to see waits of 2+ hours at the most popular attractions.
5) The parks will have live entertainment throughout the day/evening in addition to special midnight fireworks. Be sure to grab a Times Guide upon entering the park.
December 31, 2012
7:00 am- 8:00 am (Extra Magic Hour Morning for Disney Resort Guests)
Park is open 8:00 am - 2:00 am
- 12:30 pm & 3:30 pm: Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas Parade
- 7:00 pm & 9:30 pm: Main Street Electrical Parade
- Celebrate the Magic! projection show (check Daily Times Guides)
- 8:30 pm: Holiday Wishes Fireworks
- 11:50 pm: Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks
- DJ dance party in front of the castle (check Daily Times Guides)
December 31, 2012
Future World: 8:00 am - 1:00 am
World Showcase: 11:00 am - 1:00 am
- 6:30 pm and 11:40 pm: Special ending to IllumiNations
- DJ dance parties will take place at the Future World Fountain Stage, the American Gardens Theatre, China, Italy and the UK (check Daily Times Guides for specific times)
- Photo Gallery of New Years Eve at Epcot
The DIS Unplugged is a weekly trip planning podcast with unbiased advice on getting the most from your next Disney vacation. Each week our team of Disney experts tells you what's new, what's good, and what's not-so-good in the world of Disney. New shows are released every Wednesday and can be found at disunplugged.com!
New Year's Eve at Epcot— January 3rd, 2013
Pete Werner and Dustin West discuss their first experience at Epcot for all of the New Year's Eve festivities.
December 31, 2012
Park is open 8:00 am to 12:00 am
12:00 am - 3:00 am (Extra Magic Hour Evening for Disney Resort Guests)
- The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights - dusk to park closing
- 6:30 pm, 8:00 pm, & 10:00 pm: Fantasmic!
- The Mulch, Sweat and Shears New Year's Eve Spectacular - four concert sets featuring pyrotechnics and special effects
- 12:00 am: "Lights, Camera, Happy New Year" fireworks - accompanied by Mulch, Sweat and Shears!
December 31, 2012
7:00 am - 8:00 am (Extra Magic Hour Morning for Disney Resort Guests)
Park is open 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
- 3:45 pm - Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade
December 31, 2012
Downtown Disney Marketplace: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Pleasure Island Shopping: 8:00 am - 2:00 am
West Side: 8:00 am - 2:00 am
DisneyQuest is open until 7:00 pm
8:00 pm - 1:00 pm: DisneyQuest New Year's Eve Party
Cirque du Soleil will have a 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm performance
Park hours, parades and fireworks are subject to change.
Time: 8:00 pm - 2:00 am
2011 Price: Standard Admission = $35 (gratuity not included)
VIP Admission = $75
Standard event admission includes celebrating with a Video DJ on the main dance floor, a free champagne toast to ring in 2013 and "party favors." Additional beverages will be available for purchase from three bars. Must be 21 or older to enter.
VIP admission includes everything provided with standard admission plus entrance into the 2nd Floor VIP area (includes seating, complimentary desserts and coffee from 9:00 - 12:00, and access to a private balcony for viewing of Illuminations).
Dress: Business casual or formal.
Time: 8:00 pm - 1:00 am
Price: Advance tickets = $50 (tax included)
Tickets purchased day of event = $60 (includes tax)
Purchase tickets here or by calling 407-WDISNEY.
Guests will be able to play all DisneyQuest games as well as attend a DJ dance party and countdown to 2013 with a confetti drop and party favors. Prices include a voucher for one personal-size pizza, hot dog, chicken caesar wrap or hamburger, chips and fountain drink.
DisneyQuest will end normal operating hours at 7:00 pm to prepare for this party.
Celebrate the New Year at Downtown Disney West Side's Cirque du Soleil La Nouba. There will be a special finale at each performance, a limited edition La Nouba trading pin for each guest and specialty drinks for purchase.
- December 31, 2012
- Two Performances: 6:00 pm, 9:00 pm
- For tickets, contact 407-WDW-SEAT
|Seating Category||Ages 10 and up||Ages 3-9|
Front and Center
Age: 21 and up
- Bowling Package - $175 per person (minimum 4 people). Includes 3 1/2 hours of bowling, shoe rental, one appetizer and one entree per person, two drink tickets, one bottle of champagne or house wine and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Table Package - $100 per person. Includes 3 1/2 hour table reservation, choice of one appetizer or entree per person, two drink tickets, one bottle of champagne or house wine, and non-alcoholic beverages.
Ring in the New Year with bowling, food, drinks, a DJ, dancing, pool tables and more!
For more information, call 407-938-PINS or email SocialDirectorsOrlando@SplitsvilleLanes.com.
Bongos Cuban Cafe
- 8:00pm - 2:00pm
- Four-course dinner, champagne, party favors, live music and a midnight countdown!
- To reserve a table, contact GRodriguez@BongosCubanCafe.com
- 6:00 pm
- House band Creel and Irish dancing. Champagne toasts at 7:00pm and midnight!
House of Blues
- Reggae band SOJA will put on a concert suitable for fans of all ages. $37-$40.
- For tickets, check out the House of Blues website.
Schedule a pick-up order at least 48 hours in advance for December 30-January 1 and get a 20% discount.
Through 12/31/12, buy two merchandise items and get the third free.
- Livestream coverage of Star Wars Weekends events - Photos and video of Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Blog - Star Wars Weekends 2013 comes to Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Schedule of artists for the Eat to the Beat concerts - As with all Disney events, themed entertainment is part of the festivities. Visitors to the Food and Wine Festival can "Eat to the Beat!"
- Festival of the Masters dates released for November 2013 - This art festival will be held at Downtown Disney November 8-10, 2013.
- Blog - FIRST LOOK: Disney's MyMagic+ MagicBand - The DIS got a first look at Disney's new MagicBands which are part of their MyMagic+ rollout! Take a look at the photos of the MagicBand and a brief review of what we thought about wearing them...
- Blog - Summer Dooney & Bourke Release Update
- Schedule released for Star Wars Weekends - Schedule for the events during Star Wars Weekends.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disney's Hollywood Studios - Sunset Boulevard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Free admission to Blizzard Beach for Annual Passholders today! - Today, May 16, Annual Passholders will get complimentary admission to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park after 2:00 pm. Complimentary refreshments and giveaways will take place at Lottawatta Lodge.
- Blog - Moving the Needle at the Orlando Theme Parks
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Magic Kingdom - Crystal Palace - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Adventurers Outpost meet and greet location opens at Animal Kingdom - The new indoor meet and greet location for Mickey and Minnie is now open in Discovery Island.
- November 2013 Disney World park hours added
- Details released for 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival - A Scotland marketplace will be added. Dates for the Party for the Senses, as well as a partial schedule for the Eat to the Beat concerts also released.
- Summer edition coming to Celebrate the Magic show - The summer edition of this show will start later this month, possibly May 24, during the 24-hour Monstrous Summer event.
- Cirque du Soleil closed for refurbishment through May 27 - The next performance of Cirque du Soleil will be May 28.
- Blog - The Contemporary Resort Hotel – Walt Disney World’s Resort Loop Hotels
- Book a trip during the Free Dining promotion! - Free dining is available for check-ins between 9/2 and 9/25/13!
- New operating hours for Splitsville at Downtown Disney - Splitsville, Downtown Disney's luxury bowling alley, has updated its hours of operation.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench Video - Art of Animation - Wheel Well Hotel - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Typhoon Lagoon to close for refurbishment - Disney's Typhoon Lagoon water park will be closed from May 12 - May 16 for refurbishment.
- Blog - Merida becomes a Disney Princess (Includes Coronation Video)!
- Limited Time Magic: Make a Moment in Time Out of Mother's Day - Stop by Tren-D or the World of Disney Store at Downtown Disney to see the new collection of watches designed just for the occasion. Moms will receive a flower on Mother's Day when they enter the theme parks.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Coronado Springs - Marina Courtyard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Life-size rancor replica and three one-man shows coming to Star Wars Weekends - Guests will have a photo op with a replica rancor, Jabba the Hut's prized pet. There will also be three one-man shows performed by some of the celebrity guests.
- 30% off Room Only offer available for the general public! - Guests can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer available for the general public! - Walt Disney World has announced a Free Dining offer for the general public!
- Raglan Road to host Summer Solstice Celebration - Master Chef Kevin Dundon has created the five-course menu for this meal, celebrating the Summer Solstice with fresh, seasonal flavors. Wines have been chosen for each course. Celebrating the Summer Solstice is a time-honored tradition and marks the official start to summer.
- Blog - Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Split Personality
- Celebrity list updated for Star Wars Weekends - The list of celebrities appearing at Star Wars Weekends later this month has been updated.
- Truckeria Rolling Tacos food truck parked at Downtown Disney this week - Food is available from 6pm - 11pm and will include tacos, chips and salsa.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 35% at select hotels - Annual passholders can save up to 35% when booking a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World hotels. Discount is valid for travel between 6/4/13 - 8/15/13.
- 30% off Room Only offer for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer announced for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can book a Walt Disney World vacation package for 9/2/13 - 9/25/13 and receive the Disney Dining Plan for free!
- Walt Disney World golf courses offer new Players Club program - For $29 per month, members can use the practice ranges for free and take advantage of free daily golf clinics (Monday-Friday) led by PGA-certified golf instructors, as well as receive other discounts.
- Blog - May the Fourth Be with You: Intergalactic Star Wars Shopping
- Limited Time Magic: Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at Epcot - Meet the Three Caballeros, enjoy live music, marionettes, folkloric dancing and songs by Mariachi Cobre.
- Limited Time Magic: Merida Becomes an Official Disney Princess - In a royal coronation ceremony at the Magic Kingdom, Merida (from the film Brave) will be christened as an official Disney Princess.
- Blog - New Disney Dooney & Bourke Release This Summer
- List of performers for 2013 Night of Joy concerts - Disney’s Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 4
- Walt Disney World uses online job fair to hire employees
- Former Disney World employee arrested on pornography charges
- Half-hour Toy Story special coming to ABC this fall
- Expedition Cafe to open with SeaWorld's Antarctica exhibit
- Tour company uses wheelchairs to promise front of the line access at Walt Disney World?
- Calfornia adjusts safety citations and fines against Disneyland
- Disney and Electronic Arts to produce Star Wars video games
- Several Disney Junior and Disney XD shows to be available on Netflix
- Universal Orlando officially announces Harry Potter expansion
- Universal plans stilt walking demonstration at Orange County History Center
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
8:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Magic Kingdom