DIS Daily Email Updates: Stay informed with all things Disney and Central Florida!
Enter your email address below to receive DIS Updates by email — including News, Blogs, Podcasts, Discounts, and Disney Updates.
If you plan on visiting a Walt Disney World theme park on New Year's Eve, here are some tips to help make your day as painless as possible:
1) You should arrive early in the morning at the park of your choice and be prepared to spend your entire day there. The parks will reach capacity with no further admittance allowed. Park hopping on New Year's Eve is not recommended.
2) It's a common misconception that guests staying in a Disney Resort are guaranteed admittance into every park. This is not true; as a Disney Resort guest you are promised to gain entrance into a park, but it may not be the park of your choice. Note that having a dining reservation does not mean that you will be allowed in if that park has already reached capacity.
3) For your comfort, arrive early and rent a locker. Should the weather be an issue, you can stow your warm clothes or raingear.
4) If there's an attraction on your "must-do" list, try to make a FastPass+ reservation for it. It's not uncommon to see waits of 2+ hours at the most popular attractions.
5) The parks will have live entertainment throughout the day/evening in addition to special midnight fireworks. Be sure to grab a Times Guide upon entering the park.
6:00 pm and 11:40 pm: Special ending to IllumiNations
Agent P's World Showcase Adventure 9:00am-3:00pm, Universe of Energy 8:00am-11:00pm, Innoventions 8:00am-7:00pm
Live DJs all night, check Times Guide for times and locations.
Friendship Boats will run from the International Gateway from 7:00am-2:00am
Smoke billowing dragon in China, Euro-pop and lasers in Italy, Latin band and DJ on American Gardens Stage, "Blast to the past" in United Kingdom(check Daily Times Guides for specific times)
Party hats and horns will be passed out from 6-9:15pm in Future World West at Performing Arts Stage, Future World East
Fantasia 2014 - Close out the year at Epcot's World ShowPlace with a tribute to the film Fantasia. The buffet will feature soups, salads, deep-fried turkey breast, mahi mahi, pasta, assorted desserts and fresh fruit. Price is $64.99 for adults and $41.99 for children ages 3-10 (tax and gratuity not included). Available from 4:30-10:30pm on New Year's Eve and can be booked by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
To ring in 2015, Monsieur Paul is offering a special 4-course meal that begins with champagne for $235 (plux tax and gratuity) and wine pairings can be added for $60. Reservations are taken from noon-6:30pm or 8:45-9:50pm by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
The DIS Unplugged is a weekly trip planning podcast with unbiased advice on getting the most from your next Disney vacation. Each week our team of Disney experts tells you what's new, what's good, and what's not-so-good in the world of Disney. New shows are released every Wednesday and can be found at disunplugged.com!
Celebrate the New Year at Downtown Disney West Side's Cirque du Soleil La Nouba. There will be a special finale at each performance, a limited edition La Nouba trading pin for each guest and specialty drinks for purchase.
December 31, 2014
Two Performances: 6:00 pm, 9:00 pm
For tickets, contact 407-WDW-SEAT
Prices range from $90-$150
House band Creel and Irish dancing. Champagne toasts at 7:00pm and midnight!
House of Blues
JJ Grey & Mofro, Thomas Wynn & the Believers, and Daryl Hance will put on a concert suitable for fans of all ages. $35-$46.