DIS Daily Email Updates: Stay informed with all things Disney and Central Florida!
Enter your email address below to receive DIS Updates by email — including News, Blogs, Podcasts, Discounts, and Disney Updates.
If you plan on visiting a Walt Disney World theme park on New Year's Eve, here are some tips to help make your day as painless as possible:
1) You should arrive early in the morning at the park of your choice and be prepared to spend your entire day there. The parks will reach capacity with no further admittance allowed. Park hopping on New Year's Eve is not recommended.
2) It's a common misconception that guests staying in a Disney Resort are guaranteed admittance into every park. This is not true; as a Disney Resort guest you are promised to gain entrance into a park, but it may not be the park of your choice. Note that having a dining reservation does not mean that you will be allowed in if that park has already reached capacity.
3) For your comfort, arrive early and rent a locker. Should the weather be an issue, you can stow your warm clothes or raingear.
4) If there's an attraction on your "must-do" list, try to make a FastPass+ reservation for it. It's not uncommon to see waits of 2+ hours at the most popular attractions.
5) The parks will have live entertainment throughout the day/evening in addition to special midnight fireworks. Be sure to grab a Times Guide upon entering the park.
The DIS Unplugged is a weekly trip planning podcast with unbiased advice on getting the most from your next Disney vacation. Each week our team of Disney experts tells you what's new, what's good, and what's not-so-good in the world of Disney. New shows are released every Wednesday and can be found at disunplugged.com!
Celebrate the New Year at Disney Springs West Side's Cirque du Soleil La Nouba. There will be a special finale at each performance, a limited edition La Nouba trading pin for each guest and specialty drinks for purchase.