Disney's Hollywood Studios - One Man's Dream
Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
Opened: October 1, 2001
This is one of the attractions that was added during the 100 Years of Magic Celebration. It houses never before seen memorabilia and provides a fascinating journey through the life of Walt Disney.
Located on Mickey Avenue, this unique attraction provides a rare opportunity to learn more about the man behind the mouse. Guests are welcome to tour the displays at their leisure. The tour culminates with a film that features footage that was specially prepared for this attraction.
The self-guided tour begins at Walt Disney’s birthplace of Chicago and follows his family’s move to a farm in Marcelline, Missouri where his love of animals developed and became a major influence in his life. As you tour the various galleries, you’ll hear Walt’s own words as he speaks about his past and his vision for the future. Some of these interviews were released specifically for this attraction and had previously not been made available to the general public.
The main feature is the collection of 400-plus artifacts on display. From Walt’s second grade school desk to a model of Disney California Adventure, you’ll walk in Walt’s footsteps and watch his dreams unfold.
Mouseketeers both past and present will smile when they discover a long forgotten childhood toy on display. You’ll also find the special Oscar awarded to Walt Disney for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, models of the Disneyland castle and Sleeping Beauty Castle from Disneyland Paris, as well as an interactive animatronic figure. A truly fascinating piece found here is the Multiplane camera used in the making of The Old Mill.
Every fifteen minutes, guests are ushered into a theatre to enjoy a film celebrating the accomplishments of Walt Disney. It’s a wonderful retelling of his fascinating life with treasured home movies interspersed with film clips from the features that we’ve come to love.
Handicapped Accessibility: This attraction is wheelchair/ECV accessible and Assistive Listening Devices may be used.
"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing- that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney
- dwheaton - "Although it lacks the typical thrills, One Man's Dream is one of my "must see" attractions at Disney Hollywood Studios. It presents Walt Disney history effectively and includes plenty of interesting exhibits. It may be boring to some visitors, but the walk-through setting allows them to quickly skip to the film. I would like to see a few new exhibits, but there's still enough to warrant repeat visits."
- Love2663 - "You can tour at your own pace. I can spend much time in here, but the rest of my family are done long before. The detailed maps and models of park rides and icons are spectacular."
More One Man's Dream Reviews
"Walt Disney: One Man's Dream" Scavenger Hunt
This attraction is loaded with memorabilia from Walt's life. You can spend hours in here roaming around and looking at all the displays and watching the film. To help you get better acquainted with the exhibit, we have a scavenger hunt for you to take with you on your trip that will be fun to do. Your mission is to locate the answers to the following questions as you walk through the exhibit.
1. In 1906, Walt Disney moved from Chicago to what Missouri Town? How long did he live there?
2. In the model of Main Street, what is the name of the hotel?
3. What year did Mickey Mouse make his first appearance in color?
4. What is the name of the camera that helped Walt Disney make a painting behave like a real piece of scenery?
5. Walt received a famous Oscar for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. What makes it unique?
6. When you're "twitterpated", it's a sure sign that you're what?
7. How many films were part of the "True Life Adventure" series?
8. As you move into the 1950's, in Walt's office there are two desk clocks. One takes on a unique shape. What is it?
9. Whose "Talent Roundup Day" costume is shown in the exhibit?
10. What was the price for an adult's lunch and dinner at the Red Wagon Inn at Disneyland?
11. What is Cinderella's name in French?
12. What is the name of the Jungle Cruise boat Walt is holding?
13. How many Oscars did Walt's first live film, "20,000 Leagues under the Sea" receive?
14. In a merchandise display window, a popular coloring book sits on the table and a famous hat hangs on the wall. Who is represented by each?
15. The dress shown from "Mary Poppins " was worn during which musical number?
16. Where did Walt present "Progressland"?
17. What time is it in the Florida Conference room?
18. Who changed the name of the Florida project to Walt Disney World?
19. The "deep canvas" technique was used for which 1999 Disney animated feature?
20. Who opens the film "Walt Disney: One Man's Dream"?
- Schedule of artists for the Eat to the Beat concerts - As with all Disney events, themed entertainment is part of the festivities. Visitors to the Food and Wine Festival can "Eat to the Beat!"
- Festival of the Masters dates released for November 2013 - This art festival will be held at Downtown Disney November 8-10, 2013.
- Blog - FIRST LOOK: Disney's MyMagic+ MagicBand - The DIS got a first look at Disney's new MagicBands which are part of their MyMagic+ rollout! Take a look at the photos of the MagicBand and a brief review of what we thought about wearing them...
- Blog - Summer Dooney & Bourke Release Update
- Schedule released for Star Wars Weekends - Schedule for the events during Star Wars Weekends.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disney's Hollywood Studios - Sunset Boulevard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Free admission to Blizzard Beach for Annual Passholders today! - Today, May 16, Annual Passholders will get complimentary admission to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park after 2:00 pm. Complimentary refreshments and giveaways will take place at Lottawatta Lodge.
- Blog - Moving the Needle at the Orlando Theme Parks
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Magic Kingdom - Crystal Palace - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Adventurers Outpost meet and greet location opens at Animal Kingdom - The new indoor meet and greet location for Mickey and Minnie is now open in Discovery Island.
- November 2013 Disney World park hours added
- Details released for 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival - A Scotland marketplace will be added. Dates for the Party for the Senses, as well as a partial schedule for the Eat to the Beat concerts also released.
- Summer edition coming to Celebrate the Magic show - The summer edition of this show will start later this month, possibly May 24, during the 24-hour Monstrous Summer event.
- Cirque du Soleil closed for refurbishment through May 27 - The next performance of Cirque du Soleil will be May 28.
- Blog - The Contemporary Resort Hotel – Walt Disney World’s Resort Loop Hotels
- Book a trip during the Free Dining promotion! - Free dining is available for check-ins between 9/2 and 9/25/13!
- New operating hours for Splitsville at Downtown Disney - Splitsville, Downtown Disney's luxury bowling alley, has updated its hours of operation.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench Video - Art of Animation - Wheel Well Hotel - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Typhoon Lagoon to close for refurbishment - Disney's Typhoon Lagoon water park will be closed from May 12 - May 16 for refurbishment.
- Blog - Merida becomes a Disney Princess (Includes Coronation Video)!
- Limited Time Magic: Make a Moment in Time Out of Mother's Day - Stop by Tren-D or the World of Disney Store at Downtown Disney to see the new collection of watches designed just for the occasion. Moms will receive a flower on Mother's Day when they enter the theme parks.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Coronado Springs - Marina Courtyard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Life-size rancor replica and three one-man shows coming to Star Wars Weekends - Guests will have a photo op with a replica rancor, Jabba the Hut's prized pet. There will also be three one-man shows performed by some of the celebrity guests.
- 30% off Room Only offer available for the general public! - Guests can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer available for the general public! - Walt Disney World has announced a Free Dining offer for the general public!
- Raglan Road to host Summer Solstice Celebration - Master Chef Kevin Dundon has created the five-course menu for this meal, celebrating the Summer Solstice with fresh, seasonal flavors. Wines have been chosen for each course. Celebrating the Summer Solstice is a time-honored tradition and marks the official start to summer.
- Blog - Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Split Personality
- Celebrity list updated for Star Wars Weekends - The list of celebrities appearing at Star Wars Weekends later this month has been updated.
- Truckeria Rolling Tacos food truck parked at Downtown Disney this week - Food is available from 6pm - 11pm and will include tacos, chips and salsa.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 35% at select hotels - Annual passholders can save up to 35% when booking a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World hotels. Discount is valid for travel between 6/4/13 - 8/15/13.
- 30% off Room Only offer for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer announced for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can book a Walt Disney World vacation package for 9/2/13 - 9/25/13 and receive the Disney Dining Plan for free!
- Walt Disney World golf courses offer new Players Club program - For $29 per month, members can use the practice ranges for free and take advantage of free daily golf clinics (Monday-Friday) led by PGA-certified golf instructors, as well as receive other discounts.
- Blog - May the Fourth Be with You: Intergalactic Star Wars Shopping
- Limited Time Magic: Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at Epcot - Meet the Three Caballeros, enjoy live music, marionettes, folkloric dancing and songs by Mariachi Cobre.
- Limited Time Magic: Merida Becomes an Official Disney Princess - In a royal coronation ceremony at the Magic Kingdom, Merida (from the film Brave) will be christened as an official Disney Princess.
- Blog - New Disney Dooney & Bourke Release This Summer
- List of performers for 2013 Night of Joy concerts - Disney’s Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 4
- Former Disney World employee arrested on pornography charges
- Half-hour Toy Story special coming to ABC this fall
- Expedition Cafe to open with SeaWorld's Antarctica exhibit
- Tour company uses wheelchairs to promise front of the line access at Walt Disney World?
- Calfornia adjusts safety citations and fines against Disneyland
- Disney and Electronic Arts to produce Star Wars video games
- Several Disney Junior and Disney XD shows to be available on Netflix
- Universal Orlando officially announces Harry Potter expansion
- Universal plans stilt walking demonstration at Orange County History Center
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience returns to Disney's Star Wars Weekends
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
8:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
10:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW