Disney's Hollywood Studios - One Man's Dream
Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
Opened: October 1, 2001
This is one of the attractions that was added during the 100 Years of Magic Celebration. It houses never before seen memorabilia and provides a fascinating journey through the life of Walt Disney.
Located on Mickey Avenue, this unique attraction provides a rare opportunity to learn more about the man behind the mouse. Guests are welcome to tour the displays at their leisure. The tour culminates with a film that features footage that was specially prepared for this attraction.
The self-guided tour begins at Walt Disney’s birthplace of Chicago and follows his family’s move to a farm in Marcelline, Missouri where his love of animals developed and became a major influence in his life. As you tour the various galleries, you’ll hear Walt’s own words as he speaks about his past and his vision for the future. Some of these interviews were released specifically for this attraction and had previously not been made available to the general public.
The main feature is the collection of 400-plus artifacts on display. From Walt’s second grade school desk to a model of Disney California Adventure, you’ll walk in Walt’s footsteps and watch his dreams unfold.
Mouseketeers both past and present will smile when they discover a long forgotten childhood toy on display. You’ll also find the special Oscar awarded to Walt Disney for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, models of the Disneyland castle and Sleeping Beauty Castle from Disneyland Paris, as well as an interactive animatronic figure. A truly fascinating piece found here is the Multiplane camera used in the making of The Old Mill.
Every fifteen minutes, guests are ushered into a theatre to enjoy a film celebrating the accomplishments of Walt Disney. It’s a wonderful retelling of his fascinating life with treasured home movies interspersed with film clips from the features that we’ve come to love.
Handicapped Accessibility: This attraction is wheelchair/ECV accessible and Assistive Listening Devices may be used.
"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing- that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney
- dwheaton - "Although it lacks the typical thrills, One Man's Dream is one of my "must see" attractions at Disney Hollywood Studios. It presents Walt Disney history effectively and includes plenty of interesting exhibits. It may be boring to some visitors, but the walk-through setting allows them to quickly skip to the film. I would like to see a few new exhibits, but there's still enough to warrant repeat visits."
- Love2663 - "You can tour at your own pace. I can spend much time in here, but the rest of my family are done long before. The detailed maps and models of park rides and icons are spectacular."
More One Man's Dream Reviews
"Walt Disney: One Man's Dream" Scavenger Hunt
This attraction is loaded with memorabilia from Walt's life. You can spend hours in here roaming around and looking at all the displays and watching the film. To help you get better acquainted with the exhibit, we have a scavenger hunt for you to take with you on your trip that will be fun to do. Your mission is to locate the answers to the following questions as you walk through the exhibit.
1. In 1906, Walt Disney moved from Chicago to what Missouri Town? How long did he live there?
2. In the model of Main Street, what is the name of the hotel?
3. What year did Mickey Mouse make his first appearance in color?
4. What is the name of the camera that helped Walt Disney make a painting behave like a real piece of scenery?
5. Walt received a famous Oscar for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. What makes it unique?
6. When you're "twitterpated", it's a sure sign that you're what?
7. How many films were part of the "True Life Adventure" series?
8. As you move into the 1950's, in Walt's office there are two desk clocks. One takes on a unique shape. What is it?
9. Whose "Talent Roundup Day" costume is shown in the exhibit?
10. What was the price for an adult's lunch and dinner at the Red Wagon Inn at Disneyland?
11. What is Cinderella's name in French?
12. What is the name of the Jungle Cruise boat Walt is holding?
13. How many Oscars did Walt's first live film, "20,000 Leagues under the Sea" receive?
14. In a merchandise display window, a popular coloring book sits on the table and a famous hat hangs on the wall. Who is represented by each?
15. The dress shown from "Mary Poppins " was worn during which musical number?
16. Where did Walt present "Progressland"?
17. What time is it in the Florida Conference room?
18. Who changed the name of the Florida project to Walt Disney World?
19. The "deep canvas" technique was used for which 1999 Disney animated feature?
20. Who opens the film "Walt Disney: One Man's Dream"?
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
- Technical glitch causes Universal's Transformers ride to stall
- Report: Monorail evacuated after lightning strike
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 12:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom