Disney's Hollywood Studios - One Man's Dream
Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
Opened: October 1, 2001
This is one of the attractions that was added during the 100 Years of Magic Celebration. It houses never before seen memorabilia and provides a fascinating journey through the life of Walt Disney.
Located on Mickey Avenue, this unique attraction provides a rare opportunity to learn more about the man behind the mouse. Guests are welcome to tour the displays at their leisure. The tour culminates with a film that features footage that was specially prepared for this attraction.
The self-guided tour begins at Walt Disney’s birthplace of Chicago and follows his family’s move to a farm in Marcelline, Missouri where his love of animals developed and became a major influence in his life. As you tour the various galleries, you’ll hear Walt’s own words as he speaks about his past and his vision for the future. Some of these interviews were released specifically for this attraction and had previously not been made available to the general public.
The main feature is the collection of 400-plus artifacts on display. From Walt’s second grade school desk to a model of Disney California Adventure, you’ll walk in Walt’s footsteps and watch his dreams unfold.
Mouseketeers both past and present will smile when they discover a long forgotten childhood toy on display. You’ll also find the special Oscar awarded to Walt Disney for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, models of the Disneyland castle and Sleeping Beauty Castle from Disneyland Paris, as well as an interactive animatronic figure. A truly fascinating piece found here is the Multiplane camera used in the making of The Old Mill.
Every fifteen minutes, guests are ushered into a theatre to enjoy a film celebrating the accomplishments of Walt Disney. It’s a wonderful retelling of his fascinating life with treasured home movies interspersed with film clips from the features that we’ve come to love.
Handicapped Accessibility: This attraction is wheelchair/ECV accessible and Assistive Listening Devices may be used.
"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing- that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney
- dwheaton - "Although it lacks the typical thrills, One Man's Dream is one of my "must see" attractions at Disney Hollywood Studios. It presents Walt Disney history effectively and includes plenty of interesting exhibits. It may be boring to some visitors, but the walk-through setting allows them to quickly skip to the film. I would like to see a few new exhibits, but there's still enough to warrant repeat visits."
- Love2663 - "You can tour at your own pace. I can spend much time in here, but the rest of my family are done long before. The detailed maps and models of park rides and icons are spectacular."
More One Man's Dream Reviews
"Walt Disney: One Man's Dream" Scavenger Hunt
This attraction is loaded with memorabilia from Walt's life. You can spend hours in here roaming around and looking at all the displays and watching the film. To help you get better acquainted with the exhibit, we have a scavenger hunt for you to take with you on your trip that will be fun to do. Your mission is to locate the answers to the following questions as you walk through the exhibit.
1. In 1906, Walt Disney moved from Chicago to what Missouri Town? How long did he live there?
2. In the model of Main Street, what is the name of the hotel?
3. What year did Mickey Mouse make his first appearance in color?
4. What is the name of the camera that helped Walt Disney make a painting behave like a real piece of scenery?
5. Walt received a famous Oscar for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. What makes it unique?
6. When you're "twitterpated", it's a sure sign that you're what?
7. How many films were part of the "True Life Adventure" series?
8. As you move into the 1950's, in Walt's office there are two desk clocks. One takes on a unique shape. What is it?
9. Whose "Talent Roundup Day" costume is shown in the exhibit?
10. What was the price for an adult's lunch and dinner at the Red Wagon Inn at Disneyland?
11. What is Cinderella's name in French?
12. What is the name of the Jungle Cruise boat Walt is holding?
13. How many Oscars did Walt's first live film, "20,000 Leagues under the Sea" receive?
14. In a merchandise display window, a popular coloring book sits on the table and a famous hat hangs on the wall. Who is represented by each?
15. The dress shown from "Mary Poppins " was worn during which musical number?
16. Where did Walt present "Progressland"?
17. What time is it in the Florida Conference room?
18. Who changed the name of the Florida project to Walt Disney World?
19. The "deep canvas" technique was used for which 1999 Disney animated feature?
20. Who opens the film "Walt Disney: One Man's Dream"?
- Spots still available at Tables in Wonderland event on April 19 - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Menu items for Epcot After Hours Wind Down - Tickets, which can be reserved in advance, include one beverage and a selection of light snacks.
- Rehabs planned for two of Disney's golf courses - Disney's Magnolia Golf Course and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course will be closed 5/21 - 6/4/2014.
- Guests at the Swan and Dolphin can now book their FastPass+ 60 days in advance - Onsite resort guests and guests at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance. Annual Passholders and offsite guests can make their reservations up to 30 days in advance.
- Blog - Actors Fund Gala Tickets Honoring Disney Theatricals on Sale Now
- Changes to Earl of Sandwich menu - Prices have increased by about 50 cents per sandwich. New sandwiches have been added and others have been removed.
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down lounges to be available - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Annual passholders can save up to 35% on WDW hotels, plus get free Memory Maker photos! - Guests will save up to 35% on their room, plus get free Memory Maker digital photos. Discount is valid for travel between 6/16/14 - 8/2/14.
- Blog - VIDEO: Disney reveals first look at animatronics and scenes inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom April 13-20 - The Easter Bunny will also have a special pre-parade appearance on 4/19 and 4/20/14. He will be joined by other springtime characters, dancers and the Azalea Trail Maids.
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience at Star Wars Weekends to offer X-Wing Pilots and more - In addition to the carbonite figure, last year's Stormtrooper will be available, as well as two new figurines - an Alderaan Princess and X-Wing Pilot.
- Blog - Third Annual Easter Egg Display at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Easter activities and special dining menus at Walt Disney World resorts - List of events planned at Walt Disney World resorts.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- October 2014 Walt Disney World park hours released - List of times for parades, fireworks, and park hours.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Big Thunder Mountain closed for 2 days for rehab - The attraction will be closed 4/7-4/9/14.
- Surprising your family with a trip to Disney? Check out our tips! - Surprising the kids with a Disney vacation is part of the thrill for some parents. Others would love to do it, but aren’t sure how to pull it off. Here are some different approaches to creating that special surprise for your family!
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- VIDEO: Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot - Enjoy a special fireworks viewing area and desserts from around World Showcase paired with sparkling wines.
- Tables in Wonderland event at Golden Oak's Markham's restaurant - For this special evening, guests will dine at the exclusive Markham's restaurant at Disney's Golden Oak Club, Walt Disney World's private residential community.
- Blog - Review: Epcot's new IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party
- Blog - Review: Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
- Dates announced for Sounds Like Summer Concert series - The Sounds Like Summer Concert Series features some of the greatest tribute bands rockin' to U2, The Bee Gees, the Eagles and many more during select nights from June to July.
- Night of Joy tickets now on sale - Disney's Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - DVC Owner To File Class Action Demanding More FastPass+ Experiences
- Blog - Walt Disney World is now selling MagicBands to Offsite Day Guests
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - The American Adventure - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - The American Adventure, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - Italy - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - Italy, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon
- Parking prices increase at Walt Disney World - Prices have increased $2 for each category.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame, February 12, 2014 - Morning
- Cirque du Soleil discount offered for Tables in Wonderland members - Discounted tickets are available for performances April 1-May 10 and May 27-June 28, 2014.
- Tables in Wonderland Flower and Garden Festival Special Dining Event - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Fittipaldi Cup racing event planned for Walt Disney World Speedway - The Exotic Driving Experience and 2014 Rolex 24 winner Christian Fittipaldi are putting on a half-day racing event at the Walt Disney World Speedway.
- Grand Floridian hosts Edible Easter Egg Display - This is the third year the resort has hosted the display of hand-painted edible Easter eggs; the eggs are 16 to 20 inches tall.
- Star Wars-themed character meals at Hollywood Studios! - For a limited time, guests will have the opportunity to dine with Star Wars characters or Disney characters dressed up in their Star Wars costumes.
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora to close September 30 - A new restaurant will open in its place this fall.
- Blog - Saying Farewell to Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom
- Blog - The Dream of Retiring to Central Florida
- Egg-stravaganza Easter egg hunt planned for Epcot - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker - will be attending Star Wars Weekends! - This will be the actor's first appearance at Star Wars Weekends.
- PEEPS-themed Easter events planned for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin - The resort will be celebrating a PEEPtastic week 4/16 - 4/20/14.
- Brunch planned to debut new Disney Collection by Vera Bradley design - "Mickey's Perfect Petals" will be showcased at the brunch and will be available for purchase.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- Extended preview of Maleficent film at Disney's Hollywood Studios - The upcoming Maleficent film, starring Angelina Jolie, opens in theaters May 30. Theme park guests can see an extended preview of the film beginning April 18 and running through mid-June.
- Food Truck Park to open at Downtown Disney - The Food Truck Park is currently under construction and should open this summer between Bongos and Starbucks.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Disney plans baseball pitching contest for $1 million prize
- Court denies SeaWorld's appeal of OSHA ruling
- Samsung Smart TV app available for Disney Parks
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
- Record number of visitors to Orlando in 2013
- Disney releases CGI video of new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train attraction
- Muppets scavenger hunt game available at Epcot
- Renovation on SeaWorld's Shamu Stadium nearly complete
- Housekeeper attacked at Disney's Art of Animation Resort
- Changes to Disney's FastPass+, including park hopping, announced
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|8:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
8:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 7:00
10:00 - 7:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW