Disney's Hollywood Studios - One Man's Dream
Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
Opened: October 1, 2001
This is one of the attractions that was added during the 100 Years of Magic Celebration. It houses never before seen memorabilia and provides a fascinating journey through the life of Walt Disney.
Located on Mickey Avenue, this unique attraction provides a rare opportunity to learn more about the man behind the mouse. Guests are welcome to tour the displays at their leisure. The tour culminates with a film that features footage that was specially prepared for this attraction.
The self-guided tour begins at Walt Disney’s birthplace of Chicago and follows his family’s move to a farm in Marcelline, Missouri where his love of animals developed and became a major influence in his life. As you tour the various galleries, you’ll hear Walt’s own words as he speaks about his past and his vision for the future. Some of these interviews were released specifically for this attraction and had previously not been made available to the general public.
The main feature is the collection of 400-plus artifacts on display. From Walt’s second grade school desk to a model of Disney California Adventure, you’ll walk in Walt’s footsteps and watch his dreams unfold.
Mouseketeers both past and present will smile when they discover a long forgotten childhood toy on display. You’ll also find the special Oscar awarded to Walt Disney for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, models of the Disneyland castle and Sleeping Beauty Castle from Disneyland Paris, as well as an interactive animatronic figure. A truly fascinating piece found here is the Multiplane camera used in the making of The Old Mill.
Every fifteen minutes, guests are ushered into a theatre to enjoy a film celebrating the accomplishments of Walt Disney. It’s a wonderful retelling of his fascinating life with treasured home movies interspersed with film clips from the features that we’ve come to love.
Handicapped Accessibility: This attraction is wheelchair/ECV accessible and Assistive Listening Devices may be used.
"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing- that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney
- dwheaton - "Although it lacks the typical thrills, One Man's Dream is one of my "must see" attractions at Disney Hollywood Studios. It presents Walt Disney history effectively and includes plenty of interesting exhibits. It may be boring to some visitors, but the walk-through setting allows them to quickly skip to the film. I would like to see a few new exhibits, but there's still enough to warrant repeat visits."
- Love2663 - "You can tour at your own pace. I can spend much time in here, but the rest of my family are done long before. The detailed maps and models of park rides and icons are spectacular."
More One Man's Dream Reviews
"Walt Disney: One Man's Dream" Scavenger Hunt
This attraction is loaded with memorabilia from Walt's life. You can spend hours in here roaming around and looking at all the displays and watching the film. To help you get better acquainted with the exhibit, we have a scavenger hunt for you to take with you on your trip that will be fun to do. Your mission is to locate the answers to the following questions as you walk through the exhibit.
1. In 1906, Walt Disney moved from Chicago to what Missouri Town? How long did he live there?
2. In the model of Main Street, what is the name of the hotel?
3. What year did Mickey Mouse make his first appearance in color?
4. What is the name of the camera that helped Walt Disney make a painting behave like a real piece of scenery?
5. Walt received a famous Oscar for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. What makes it unique?
6. When you're "twitterpated", it's a sure sign that you're what?
7. How many films were part of the "True Life Adventure" series?
8. As you move into the 1950's, in Walt's office there are two desk clocks. One takes on a unique shape. What is it?
9. Whose "Talent Roundup Day" costume is shown in the exhibit?
10. What was the price for an adult's lunch and dinner at the Red Wagon Inn at Disneyland?
11. What is Cinderella's name in French?
12. What is the name of the Jungle Cruise boat Walt is holding?
13. How many Oscars did Walt's first live film, "20,000 Leagues under the Sea" receive?
14. In a merchandise display window, a popular coloring book sits on the table and a famous hat hangs on the wall. Who is represented by each?
15. The dress shown from "Mary Poppins " was worn during which musical number?
16. Where did Walt present "Progressland"?
17. What time is it in the Florida Conference room?
18. Who changed the name of the Florida project to Walt Disney World?
19. The "deep canvas" technique was used for which 1999 Disney animated feature?
20. Who opens the film "Walt Disney: One Man's Dream"?
- Blog - Disney's Festival of Fantasy Parade debuts at the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO - Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - Festival of Fantasy is the brand new daily parade at the Magic Kingdom bringing the characters and stories of New Fantasyland to life! Brand new floats and costumes were produced for the parade featuring characters from Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Princess and the Frog, Brave, Dumbo, Pinocchio, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, Fantasia, Snow White and more!
- Photo Gallery of the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - The "Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade" celebrates New Fantasyland with new innovative floats, costumes and an all-new soundtrack that features songs from popular Disney films.
- VIDEO - Topiaries at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is better than before in 2014 and features some of the most beautiful and elaborate topiaries seen anywhere. New this year includes 'Spring is in the Air!' featuring Goofy, Donald and Daisy as you enter the park; Soccer Goofy and Donald; and Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy inspired by "Muppets Most Wanted". Returning favorites include Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Phineas and Ferb, Tinker Bell, Bambi and Friends, Peter Pan and Captain Hook, Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Classic Disney Couples, Woody, Lady and the Tramp, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Lion King, Pandas, Troll and Fantasia!
- VIDEO - Outdoor Kitchens at Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - After the popular introduction in 2013, the outdoor kitchens are back at the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival serving up some of the finest and freshest food at Epcot in a similar fashion to the Food & Wine Festival. Outdoor kitchens include Pineapple Promenade, The Buttercup Cottage, Fleur de Lys, Taste of Marrakesh, Hanami, The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews, Primavera Kitchen, Florida Fresh, Lotus House, Jardin de Fiestas, and the new Urban Farm EATS!
- VIDEO - Festival Center at the Flower & Garden Festival - Video of the Festival Center at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival 2014. The festival center is where you can find many of the seminars and presentations featured during the Festival.
- 2014 Flower & Garden Festival Photos - 2014 photo gallery of Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Leadership changes at Walt Disney World resorts and transportation
- Disney and unions extend contract
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios