Magic Kingdom - Main Street U.S.A.
Main Street U.S.A. Overview
Guests entering the Magic Kingdom emerge from the tunnel under the Walt Disney World Railroad and step into the turn of the century American Main Street U.S.A. You'll first enter the Town Square complete with a City Hall (Guest Services) and Fire Station.Next to the Fire Station you'll find "The Harmony Barber Shop" . This is a real working hair salon where haircuts and beard/moustache trims are offered. You can also get "Baby's First Haircut" with a certificate to remember this 'Magical Moment.'
Travel along Main Street in a Disney horse drawn trolley, fire engine, omnibus, jitney or horseless carriage. Along the way you'll pass such hometown staples as the Main Street Bakery and Main Street Cinema. The windows above the shops include the names of Disney executives, contributing artists and family members.
Town Square Theater
As you pass under the Main Street Walt Disney World Railroad station, you'll find the "Theater" on your right. (This was originally the Town Square Exposition Hall). The Town Square Theater offers a few different things for guests. Probably the most popular is the meet and greet area for Mickey Mouse and the Disney Princesses. Read about this experience here.
The Theater is also the home to the Camera Center. This is a terrific
spot to get any camera supplies that you may need (Did your camera run out of batteries after you'd waited in line for that treasured character photo?). PhotoPass headquarters are located here as well. You can view your PhotoPass pictures, order prints or CDs, and ask any questions that you may have about this service. Finally, for pin collectors, there's a select assortment
of pins found here. You'll also find a variety of picture
frames available for purchase, as well as a limited selection
Throughout the day you'll find some interesting characters on Main Street. You may meet the Mayor of Main Street USA or hear the Dapper Dans Barbershop Quartet performing. If you see the Dapper Dans with their trademark straw hats, striped vests, bowties, spats and taps, take the time to listen to their four part harmony for a bit. You'll be glad you did!
In the Fire Station, guests can take part in an interactive game called "Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom." Pick up a map and a packet of spell cards, then head out on a quest to become an apprentice of the wizard Merlin as you battle the evil Hades as he tries to take over the Magic Kingdom.
The street ends at the Plaza, or hub of the Magic
Kingdom, with the breathtaking Cinderella Castle. At the
Main Street train station for the Walt Disney World Railroad,
guests board one of the four steam powered trains for
a 1 ˝ mile trek around the Magic Kingdom. The trains,
"Lily Belle", "Roy O. Disney", "Walter
E. Disney" and the "Roger E. Broggie",
are authentic steam engines found by Disney in Mexico,
and brought to the U.S. where they were completely overhauled.
The 20-minute journey is a slow, but relaxing way to enjoy the park.
Hungry guests will find a number of choices along and close to Main Street. The sit down restaurants in this area are the Crystal Palace (Character buffet), Tony's Town Square (Italian) and the Plaza Restaurant (sandwiches and burgers).
Every imaginable souvenir can be found in shops like The Chapeau (for monogrammed Mickey ears), Crystal Arts, Main Street Gallery, Kodak Camera Center, Newsstand, Uptown Jewelers, Main Street Cinema, Disney Clothiers, Main Street Athletic Club and the Emporium.
- Blog - Disney’s Festival of Fantasy Parade debuts at the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO - Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - Festival of Fantasy is the brand new daily parade at the Magic Kingdom bringing the characters and stories of New Fantasyland to life! Brand new floats and costumes were produced for the parade featuring characters from Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Princess and the Frog, Brave, Dumbo, Pinocchio, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, Fantasia, Snow White and more!
- Photo Gallery of the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - The "Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade" celebrates New Fantasyland with new innovative floats, costumes and an all-new soundtrack that features songs from popular Disney films.
- VIDEO - Topiaries at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is better than before in 2014 and features some of the most beautiful and elaborate topiaries seen anywhere. New this year includes 'Spring is in the Air!' featuring Goofy, Donald and Daisy as you enter the park; Soccer Goofy and Donald; and Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy inspired by "Muppets Most Wanted". Returning favorites include Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Phineas and Ferb, Tinker Bell, Bambi and Friends, Peter Pan and Captain Hook, Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Classic Disney Couples, Woody, Lady and the Tramp, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Lion King, Pandas, Troll and Fantasia!
- VIDEO - Outdoor Kitchens at Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - After the popular introduction in 2013, the outdoor kitchens are back at the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival serving up some of the finest and freshest food at Epcot in a similar fashion to the Food & Wine Festival. Outdoor kitchens include Pineapple Promenade, The Buttercup Cottage, Fleur de Lys, Taste of Marrakesh, Hanami, The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews, Primavera Kitchen, Florida Fresh, Lotus House, Jardin de Fiestas, and the new Urban Farm EATS!
- VIDEO - Festival Center at the Flower & Garden Festival - Video of the Festival Center at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival 2014. The festival center is where you can find many of the seminars and presentations featured during the Festival.
- 2014 Flower & Garden Festival Photos - 2014 photo gallery of Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Magic Kingdom