Magic Kingdom - Main Street U.S.A.
Main Street U.S.A. Overview
Guests entering the Magic Kingdom emerge from the tunnel under the Walt Disney World Railroad and step into the turn of the century American Main Street U.S.A. You'll first enter the Town Square complete with a City Hall (Guest Services) and Fire Station.Next to the Fire Station you'll find "The Harmony Barber Shop" . This is a real working hair salon where haircuts and beard/moustache trims are offered. You can also get "Baby's First Haircut" with a certificate to remember this 'Magical Moment.'
Travel along Main Street in a Disney horse drawn trolley, fire engine, omnibus, jitney or horseless carriage. Along the way you'll pass such hometown staples as the Main Street Bakery and Main Street Cinema. The windows above the shops include the names of Disney executives, contributing artists and family members.
As you pass under the Main Street Walt Disney World Railroad station, you'll find the "Theater" on your right. (This was originally the Town Square Exposition Hall). The Town Square Theater offers a few different things for guests. Probably the most popular is the meet and greet area for Mickey Mouse. Read about this experience here. Tinker Bell's Magical Nook is also open here for guests to meet Tinker Bell.
The Theater is also the home to the Camera Center. This is a terrific
spot to get any camera supplies that you may need (Did your camera run out of batteries after you'd waited in line for that treasured character photo?). PhotoPass headquarters are located here as well. You can view your PhotoPass pictures, order prints or CDs, and ask any questions that you may have about this service. Finally, for pin collectors, there's a select assortment
of pins found here. You'll also find a variety of picture
frames available for purchase, as well as a limited selection
Throughout the day you'll find some interesting characters on Main Street. You may meet the Mayor of Main Street USA or hear the Dapper Dans Barbershop Quartet performing. If you see the Dapper Dans with their trademark straw hats, striped vests, bowties, spats and taps, take the time to listen to their four part harmony for a bit. You'll be glad you did!
In the Fire Station, guests can take part in an interactive game called "Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom." Pick up a map and a packet of spell cards, then head out on a quest to become an apprentice of the wizard Merlin as you battle the evil Hades as he tries to take over the Magic Kingdom.
The street ends at the Plaza, or hub of the Magic
Kingdom, with the breathtaking Cinderella Castle. At the
Main Street train station for the Walt Disney World Railroad,
guests board one of the four steam powered trains for
a 1 ½ mile trek around the Magic Kingdom. The trains,
"Lily Belle", "Roy O. Disney", "Walter
E. Disney" and the "Roger E. Broggie",
are authentic steam engines found by Disney in Mexico,
and brought to the U.S. where they were completely overhauled.
The 20-minute journey is a slow, but relaxing way to enjoy the park.
Hungry guests will find a number of choices along and close to Main Street. The sit down restaurants in this area are the Crystal Palace (Character buffet), Tony's Town Square (Italian) and the Plaza Restaurant (sandwiches and burgers).
Every imaginable souvenir can be found in shops like The Chapeau (for monogrammed Mickey ears), Crystal Arts, Main Street Gallery, Kodak Camera Center, Newsstand, Uptown Jewelers, Main Street Cinema, Disney Clothiers, Main Street Athletic Club and the Emporium.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
- Technical glitch causes Universal's Transformers ride to stall
- Report: Monorail evacuated after lightning strike
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
- Magic Kingdom guest got tips of fingers cut off on Pirates of the Caribbean
- Elizabeth Mitchell cast on Once Upon A Time
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom