Epcot World Showcase
|Epcot Main Page||Future World||World Showcase|
|Map of Epcot||Italy||United Kingdom|
Epcot World Showcase Overview
Epcot's World Showcase is centered around a reflective lagoon. There are eleven countries represented here. With rare exception, the World Showcase opens at 11:00am.
This is one of the more relaxing and scenic areas of Disney World. As far as "attractions" go, you're not going to find thrill rides but there are several movies, boat rides and shows that will give you an overview of the country you're in.
As you stroll around, you'll transition from one country to the next. While each "land" is next to the other, you'll never get the sense that you're in two places at once. To enhance the experience, the Cast Members come from the country you're visiting and are always eager to talk about their homeland.
If you're looking for unique and often inexpensive souvenirs, this is the place to be. Unlike the other theme parks which sells almost identical merchandise, each country in the World Showcase has items that are only found there. From candy to clothing, from CD's to Cuckoo clocks, there's no end to the "treasures" waiting to be found.
Dining at the World Showcase is not to be missed. Most countries have both table and counter serve restaurants. It's a wonderful chance to try a different cuisine. (We strongly recommend making an Advance Dining Reservation for the table serve venues.)
Epcot hosts two special events. The Fall brings the very popular "International Food and Wine Festival" while the Spring welcomes the "International Flower and Garden Festival." The holidays are especially festive with the "Candlelight Processional" a highlight of the Christmas season.
The World Showcase is one of the main reasons Epcot got the reputation of not being "kid friendly." That changed when they added "Kidcot" stations in every country's pavilion throughout the park. Your little one can create free crafts at the Kidcot spots (yes, you read that right, something is actually free.) It's made Epcot a "must see" for all ages.
Every evening Epcot presents "IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth". This spectacular presentation is centered around the World Showcase Lagoon where fireworks, lasers and dancing fountains combine in a choreographed display performed to an inspirational musical score.
The DIS Unplugged is a weekly trip planning podcast with unbiased advice on getting the most from your next Disney vacation. Each week our team of Disney experts tells you what's new, what's good, and what's not-so-good in the world of Disney. New shows are released every Wednesday and can be found at disunplugged.com!
Epcot 101: World Showcase - Part 1— May 9th, 2012
Kathy Werling and Teresa Echols discuss Canada through the American Pavilion as part of their Epcot 101 series.
Epcot 101: World Showcase - Part 2— August 1st, 2012
Kathy Werling and Teresa Echols discuss Mexico through Italy as part of their Epcot 101 series.
For guests who were fans of the Kim Possible Adventure, this has replaced that attraction and is basically the same game, with a different theme, this time based on the popular Phineas and Ferb Disney Channel show. On the show, stepbrothers Phineas and Ferb create crazy inventions, while completely oblivious to the double life their pet platypus Perry is leading as secret spy Agent P. Guests partner with Agent P and Major Monogram to outwit evil scientist Dr. Doofenshmirtz and save the world!
Guests are given a F.O.N.E. (Field Operative Notification Equipment) at one of the kiosks in Epcot's World Showcase - located at Odyssey bridge, Norway, Italy, International Gateway. These interactive devices use state-of-the-art technology to help guests keep in touch with the Phineas and Ferb characters by finding clues. Use the clues to find Dr. Doofenshmirtz's evil "Inators" and stop his quest for world domination!
There are top secret devices hidden in the World Showcase pavilions at Mexico, Norway, China, Japan, France, Germany and the United Kingdom. At each country, there will be a different mission that needs solved!
The operating hours for this attraction are 11:00 am - 8:15 pm daily.
Read a blog with photos about Agent P's World Showcase Adventure!
Epcot's International Food and Wine Festival is a not to be missed Disney event. Taking place around the World Showcase at Epcot, the Food & Wine Festival features more than 100 wineries, breweries and cuisine from around the world.
At various times throughout the year, you may find a special celebration going on at these World Showcase countries:
January 26 - Chinese New Year
May 5 - Children's Day at Japan
May 5 - Cinco de Maya at Mexico
May 17 - Norway Constitution Day
October 3 - German Reunification Day
November 5 - United Kingdom's Guy Fawkes Day
November 18 - Morocco Independence Day
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Hollywood Studios