Disneyland's Newest Attraction 'Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster
by Mary Jo Willey
Disneyland Travel Specialist
My daughter and I went to Disneyland recently, and rode on Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster. This attraction is located in Tomorrowland, just when you enter. Although there is Fastpass, we decided to wait in line, since it was just a 25 minute wait. Since this was our first time, we were both waiting with anticipation on what we would see once we entered the building. Because this is new, the queue wound around outside, but soon we were inside the building. The inside is a bit cartoonish, with Toy Story references all around. We zig-zagged through the line, and soon came into a room where Buzz himself was outlining his plans to defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg with the assistance of a giant Etch a Sketch. We soon got in our car, which seats two comfortably, or 3 smaller persons. There are two guns that you can pick up to aim and shoot at the various targets. In between the guns is a joy stick that you can use to turn your car around to get a better aim or to stop your partner from getting a good shot. The targets are shaped like Z's inside of other shapes - circles, triangles, squares ... which determine the number of points. You can also score bonus points if you hit a moving target. We were so busy having fun shooting at the targets that we didn't even notice that our picture was taken.
After the ride, we came out to a wide hall that had 5 kiosks set up on one wall. Above the kiosks is a big screen with the top scores of the day. Each kiosk had a big touch-screen, which made it easy to choose our picture and type in the email addresses. We were each able to send our pic. By the time we came home, my picture was in my inbox.
I'm looking forward to going on this attraction again, and this time I will beat my daughter.
DIS DISNEYLAND UPDATES
- Disneyland's Mickey's Halloween Party tickets now on sale to the general public. - This event runs September 12-October 31, 2014.
- Disneyland military ticket offer extended to 2015 - The Disneyland Resort has extended their special military offer through 10/03/15, however beginning 08/25/14, the 3-Day Park Hoppers will increase slightly to $132.
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - Disneyland Celebrates 59 and looks forward to 60
- Adventure Trading Company comes to Disneyland Park - Beginning August 1st, experience this new interactive storytelling adventure inside Adventureland in Disneyland Park.
- Passholder tickets now on sale for Mickey's Halloween Party - Tickets for Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park are now on sale to Annual Passholders, Disney Rewards Visa card holders and Disney Vacation Club members.
- Local Southern California Theatre presents Tarzan-The Musical - Musical Theatre Orange County's production of Tarzan-The Musical, featuring sets by Disney artist Dave Avanzino, opens this weekend at El Dorado High School in Placentia, California.
- WonderGround Gallery Artist in Residence for August - Liana Hee is the Artist in Residence for August and will be on hand at the WonderGround Gallery in Disneyland's Downtown Disney most weekend evenings meeting guests and signing her work.
More Info DISNEYLAND HOTELS
See AllDISNEYLAND NEWS STORIES
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Eight new "Disney Family of Wines" come to California Adventure
The wineries represented all have a personal connection to the Disney name.
- Small fire at Disneyland quickly extinguished
The fire was in a backstage area.
- runDisney announces Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend
The event will take place January 15-18, 2015 at the Disneyland Resort.
- Disneyland Raises Ticket Prices Overnight
The Disneyland Resort raised prices on their tickets and annual passes overnight.
See AllDL DISCUSSIONS