Disneyland's Newest Attraction 'Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster
by Mary Jo Willey
Disneyland Travel Specialist
My daughter and I went to Disneyland recently, and rode on Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster. This attraction is located in Tomorrowland, just when you enter. Although there is Fastpass, we decided to wait in line, since it was just a 25 minute wait. Since this was our first time, we were both waiting with anticipation on what we would see once we entered the building. Because this is new, the queue wound around outside, but soon we were inside the building. The inside is a bit cartoonish, with Toy Story references all around. We zig-zagged through the line, and soon came into a room where Buzz himself was outlining his plans to defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg with the assistance of a giant Etch a Sketch. We soon got in our car, which seats two comfortably, or 3 smaller persons. There are two guns that you can pick up to aim and shoot at the various targets. In between the guns is a joy stick that you can use to turn your car around to get a better aim or to stop your partner from getting a good shot. The targets are shaped like Z's inside of other shapes - circles, triangles, squares ... which determine the number of points. You can also score bonus points if you hit a moving target. We were so busy having fun shooting at the targets that we didn't even notice that our picture was taken.
After the ride, we came out to a wide hall that had 5 kiosks set up on one wall. Above the kiosks is a big screen with the top scores of the day. Each kiosk had a big touch-screen, which made it easy to choose our picture and type in the email addresses. We were each able to send our pic. By the time we came home, my picture was in my inbox.
I'm looking forward to going on this attraction again, and this time I will beat my daughter.
DIS DISNEYLAND UPDATES
- Starbucks is now open at Disneyland's Downtown Disney - A new Starbucks Coffee location is now open near the World of Disney at the Disneyland Resort.
- Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to reopen March 17th - Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will reopen to regular guests on March 17th after a 14-month refurbishment. Annual Passholders can experience the attraction beginning March 13th.
- Blog - Good Neighbor Hotel - Residence Inn Anaheim Resort
- Jeff Granito is WonderGround's Artist in Residence for March - Local Southern California artist Jeff Granito will be appearing at the WonderGround Gallery at the Disneyland Resort on Friday and Saturday evenings throughout March.
- Brunch options for Mother's Day at Disneyland - The brunch previously held at the Disneyland Hotel has been discontinued, but Storytellers Café and PCH Grill will still host brunches. Make reservations beginning March 12th.
- RunDisney announces Avengers Marathon at Disneyland - This new race weekend takes place 11/14/14-11/16/14 and will feature a half marathon, 5K and kids races. Registration opens March 25.
More Info DISNEYLAND HOTELS
See AllDISNEYLAND NEWS STORIES
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
The event will be held May 23 and 24, 2014.
- runDisney announces Avengers Half Marathon for Disneyland
Registration opens March 25.
- Disney's first quarter earnings report shows 33% profit increase
Disney showed increases in all divisions of the company.
- Eight Disney hotels honored by U.S. News & World Report
Several Disney hotels were named the best in their markets.
- Popular Disneyland act moves to Knott's Berry Farm
Billy Hill and the Hillbillies move to Knott's Berry Farm.
See AllDL DISCUSSIONS