Disneyland's Newest Attraction 'Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster
by Mary Jo Willey
Disneyland Travel Specialist
My daughter and I went to Disneyland recently, and rode on Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster. This attraction is located in Tomorrowland, just when you enter. Although there is Fastpass, we decided to wait in line, since it was just a 25 minute wait. Since this was our first time, we were both waiting with anticipation on what we would see once we entered the building. Because this is new, the queue wound around outside, but soon we were inside the building. The inside is a bit cartoonish, with Toy Story references all around. We zig-zagged through the line, and soon came into a room where Buzz himself was outlining his plans to defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg with the assistance of a giant Etch a Sketch. We soon got in our car, which seats two comfortably, or 3 smaller persons. There are two guns that you can pick up to aim and shoot at the various targets. In between the guns is a joy stick that you can use to turn your car around to get a better aim or to stop your partner from getting a good shot. The targets are shaped like Z's inside of other shapes - circles, triangles, squares ... which determine the number of points. You can also score bonus points if you hit a moving target. We were so busy having fun shooting at the targets that we didn't even notice that our picture was taken.
After the ride, we came out to a wide hall that had 5 kiosks set up on one wall. Above the kiosks is a big screen with the top scores of the day. Each kiosk had a big touch-screen, which made it easy to choose our picture and type in the email addresses. We were each able to send our pic. By the time we came home, my picture was in my inbox.
I'm looking forward to going on this attraction again, and this time I will beat my daughter.
DIS DISNEYLAND UPDATES
- Happy 50th anniversary to it's a small world! - it's a small world opened at the New York World's Fair on April 22, 1964.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Knott's Berry Farm expands Camp Snoopy makeover - Knott's Berry Farm has expanded their makeover of Camp Snoopy to include a new Peanuts meet and greet, plus re-theming of Lucy's Tugboat and the Grand Sierra Scenic Railway.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Stovall's Inn
- Disneyland Resort celebrates Musica Latina - Downtown Disney will come alive with the music of the Mariachi Divas and several other popular Latin acts April 5th and 6th.
- Save up to 20% at Disneyland Resort Hotels this Spring - Save up to 20% most Sunday through Thursday nights this Spring at the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival to highlight Knott's Berry Bloom - Knott's Berry Bloom returns to Knott's Berry Farm beginning April 12th. New this year is the Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival and the nighttime dance party, Bloomination.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- VIDEO: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad POV at Disneyland with New Effects - After a 14-month long refurbishment, Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is open and better than ever before. The track has been replaced along with audio and lighting effects and some brand new special effects have been included in the first cave scene and the final lift.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Dates announced for 2015 D23 Expo in Anaheim - The D23 Expo returns to the Anaheim Convention Center August 14 - 16, 2015. Tickets go on sale 08/14/14.
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
More Info DISNEYLAND HOTELS
See AllDISNEYLAND NEWS STORIES
- Disneyland restaurants honored by food critics
Eight restaurants at the Disneyland Resort received awards.
- Smell of paint makes 4 Disneyland employees feel sick
Anaheim Fire and Rescue responded to the incident.
- 5.1 earthquake felt at Disneyland
The rides were closed for a brief period of time.
- Disneyland hotels honored for environmental efforts
The environmentalist certification was given by the California Green Lodging program.
- Bob Iger says Disneyland's Finding Nemo Submarines will not be replaced
Iger says changes are coming to Disneyland, but the submarines will stay put.
See AllDL DISCUSSIONS