Disney World Resort Descriptions
Disney's All Star Movies
Budget friendly Disney Resort for value minded travelers. Disney magic is in abundance with its bright décor that pays tribute to Fantasia, 101 Dalmatians, Toy Story, The Mighty Ducks and the Love Bug.
Disney's All Star Music
A perfect choice for value conscious Disney World travelers. Its whimsical décor is pure Disney, with oversized icons depicting Jazz, Rock, Calypso, Broadway and Country music.
Disney's All Star Sports
Affordable option for those wanting Disney magic on a budget. You’ll find yourself “in the zone” with larger than life sports paraphernalia depicting Football, Surfing, Tennis, Basketball and Baseball.
This resort features mostly family suites and is themed after such classic animated Disney films as “Finding Nemo,” “Cars,” "The Little Mermaid" and “The Lion King."
Disney's Pop Century
Value minded destination for guests wanting Disney magic on a budget. You’re transported back in time as you find yourself surrounded by oversized icons paying homage to the 20th Century.
Disney's Caribbean Beach
Moderate priced Resort that’s perfect for the guests who want value and the amenities that will enhance their vacation experience. Surrounding a 45-acre lake, its “island theme” is evident in its tropical décor, white sand beaches and 7 beckoning pools.
Disney's Coronado Springs
For guests wanting a resort experience on a moderate budget, this destination is a perfect match. Its three Southwest themed sections surround a beautiful 15-acre lake. The Aztec themed main pool is one of Disney’s best, with a 46-foot tall pyramid and cascading waterfall.
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Southern charm is in abundance at this moderate priced resort. You’ll be surrounded by stately mansions and beautiful gardens while you enjoy the “Ol’ Man Island” swimming complex. This is the only moderate resort that can accommodate a family of 5 as long as one child is age 9 or under. Guests staying at Riverside also have access to the French Quarter’s amenities.
Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter
The perfect choice for guests on a moderate budget that want a unique resort experience. The theme is New Orleans Mardi Gras style. With intricate ironwork in abundance as well as flowering gardens, there’s both romance and excitement in the air. The Doubloon Lagoon main pool features a dragon slide and alligator fountains. Guests staying at Port Orleans also have access to Riverside’s amenities.
Animal Kingdom Lodge
A truly unique Deluxe resort experience, the Animal Kingdom Lodge is unforgettable. You’re in the midst of an African wildlife preserve surrounded by free roaming animals that get breathtakingly close to the resort. Among it’s many amenities, this resort features a full range of restaurants, health club with spa services, and beautifully themed zero entry pool.
Disney's Beach Club Resort
You’ll find this deluxe Walt Disney World resort gem on the shores of the 25 acre Crescent Lake. Its New England seaside theme is evident from its pastel tones to its beachfront ambience. It’s best known for the three acre Stormalong Bay pool complex, featuring a 150-foot slide and sandy bottom. Conveniently located within walking distance of Epcot, this resort features a full choice of recreation options as well as restaurants and lounges
Disney's Boardwalk Inn
Glimmering on the shores of Crescent Lake, this Deluxe seaside themed resort evokes images of a bygone era. Fronted by an authentic wooden boardwalk, there’s no end of fun in store as the entertainment district kicks into high gear each evening. With restaurants, clubs, shops and old-fashioned carnival games, it’s the perfect match for the guest wanting to add a little spice to their vacation. You’ll be within walking distance of both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios.
Disney's Contemporary Resort
With its sleek futuristic design, this Deluxe resort is one of a kind. Glistening on the shores of Bay Lake, this resort features outstanding recreation, fabulous restaurants, wonderful shops, and fantastic views. The most amazing feature is the monorail that passes right through the main building. You’ll be whisked away to your favorite destinations Disney style.
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney’s finest deluxe resort has it all. Luxury is in abundance, from its lavish décor to the tastefully appointed guestrooms. Your every wish can be fulfilled, from fine dining to being pampered in the full service spa. There’s a full range of recreation choices including swimming complexes with the perfect Magic Kingdom backdrop. Although you won’t want to leave, the monorail will transport you when you’re ready to visit the parks.
This deluxe resort is nestled on the shores of the Seven Seas Lagoon across from the Magic Kingdom. Its South Seas setting is perfect for the guest who wants an authentic tropical experience. There’s a volcano themed pool, watercraft rentals, and a wonderful assortment of restaurants and shops to choose from. It’s location on the monorail makes transportation a breeze.
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resorts
These deluxe resorts are in close proximity to Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios, as well as the Boardwalk's entertainment district. Located on Crescent Lake, these resorts feature spacious guest rooms, a full range of dining options, and a sprawling three-acre pool complex complete with hot tubs, and a waterfall adorned grotto. check rates / book online
Disney's Wilderness Lodge
This deluxe Walt Disney World resort is one of Disney’s most intimate. Nestled in a woodland setting, its Northwest theme is evident from the moment you arrive. The magnificent atrium features an 82-foot tall stone fireplace. A cascading waterfall empties into the swimming pool and there are oversized hot tubs for you to enjoy. Secluded along the shores of Bay Lake, your cozy retreat offers restaurants, lounges, and health club as well as watercraft rentals.
Disney's Yacht Club Resort
This picturesque Deluxe Walt Disney World resort is located on Crescent Lake. Evoking images of New England seaside splendor, complete with clapboard sided lighthouse, it’s the perfect resort for guests wanting to relax in style. It’s best known for the three acre Stormalong Bay pool complex, featuring a 150-foot slide and sandy bottom. Located within walking distance of Epcot, this Disney resort offers a full range of recreation choices and several dining options.
The Villas at Animal Kingdom Lodge are among the most popular Home Away From Home resorts, because the majority of the rooms feature savannah views. What better way to wake up then to be able to look out your window and see giraffes, zebras and gazelles grazing in the open savannah?!
Disney Vacation Club's Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort features views of the Magic Kingdom and Bay Lake.
This resort offers a fireworks viewing deck and a sky bridge (elevated walkway) connecting it to the iconic Contemporary Resort. Bay Lake Tower offers studio units as well as one, two and three bedroom accommodations. The one/two/three bedroom units feature a fully equipped kitchen with granite countertops.
This Disney Vacation Club seaside themed resort is nestled on the shores of Crescent Lake. In addition to having its own quiet pool and whirlpool spa, it also features access to the Stormalong Bay Pool complex, considered the best that Disney offers.
This Disney Vacation Club resort captures the era when quaint coastal towns were every vacationer's dream. This sprawling resort, and it's sister Boardwalk Resort, features 4 pools, including the amusement park themed main pool with a water slide reminiscent of a classic wooden roller coaster. The Boardwalk area has a wonderful selection of restaurants, carnival games and entertainment.
Disney's Ft. Wilderness Resort & Campground features individual cabins for parties with up to 6 guests. The decor is "woodsy" with lots of plaids and rich earthy tones. Each free standing unit has a master bedroom with full bed and a set of bunk beds. In the living room a second full size bed pulls down from the wall. There's a fully equipped kitchen and one bathroom. Outside is a patio with picnic table and charcoal grill.
This Disney Vacation Club resort features the colors, tropical palms and ambience of the Florida Keys. This sprawling resort has four pools, including the sandcastle themed main pool, water recreation, restaurant and beautifully manicured grounds.
This Victorian themed Disney Vacation Club resort is modeled after the upstate New York region noted for horse racing. You'll see the influence from the equine community in the statues, room decor and in unexpected surprises such as the hourly clock chime. With its close proximity to Downtown Disney, you'll find a range of restaurants and shops to enjoy.
The "Treehouse Villas at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa" feature 60 three-bedroom units, which are elevated 10 feel from ground level and accommodate up to nine guests. They share the featured amenities at Saratoga Springs.
This is the smallest Disney Vacation Club resort and is adjacent to Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Sharing the same fantastic theming, you'll find the units to be warm, welcoming and cozy.
- Pricing structure changed for Valet Parking at Downtown Disney - Pricing is based on length of stay - time starts when you reach the valet podium and stops when you return to the podium to pick up your car.
- Blog - Top 5 Must Do's at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
- Pangani Research Center closes for refurb - Pangani Research Center- Aviary and Hippo viewing area will be closed 9/2 - 11/14/2014.
- Blog - Villains Soiree - Wickedly Disappointing
- Blog - Dole Whips are back at the Polynesian Village Resort at the new and disappointing Pineapple Lanai
- Shortened monorail operating hours now in place - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- American Idol Experience is now closed at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This attraction closed August 30, 2014. No definitive plans have been announced for this space.
- VIDEO: Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed - Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed brings Vegas to Walt Disney World. Villains Unleashed took over Disney's Hollywood Studios on August 23, 2014 and part of the hard ticket event was Oogie Boogie's Freak Funhouse Show. Oogie Boogie hosts the show that features a sword-swallowing act, daredevil archery and a finale full of fire!
- Refurb closures planned for Walt Disney World water parks - Typhoon Lagoon will be closed 10/26/14-1/3/15 and Blizzard Beach will be closed 1/4/15-3/14/15.
- Top 5 Signature Dining Experiences at the Walt Disney World Resorts - 1,600 listeners and viewers of our DIS Unplugged web-cast voted on their favorite signature restaurants at the Walt Disney World resort hotels.
- Blog - The Top 5 Underutilized Spaces at Walt Disney World
- Starbucks will open at Hollywood Studios in February 2015 - The Trolley Car Cafe will be located along Hollywood Boulevard and be themed like a trolley car station. Disney baked goods and Starbucks La Boulange pastry items will be available. An exact location hasn't been announced.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- VIDEO: Star-Lord & Gamora from 'Guardians of the Galaxy' at Villains Unleashed - Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, and Gamora made their first appearance ever at the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Tape Vol. 1 Dance Party during the Villains Unleashed event at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Mikala Canoe Club Marina at Polynesian to be closed for refurb - The marina will be closed 9/15 - 9/19/2014. Sail boat/motorized boats and fishing excursions will not be available.
- Entrance 4 to Downtown Disney's parking lot now closed - Entrance 4 (between Cirque du Soleil and DisneyQuest) is now closed permanently. The only entrances are Entrance 2 (across from the Hess Station) and Entrance 5 (across from Typhoon Lagoon).
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Opening Ceremony - Villains Unleashed kicked off at Disney's Hollywood Studios with an opening ceremony hosted by Hades, Pain, Panic and Megara from Hercules. Once the stars of the night took the stage they introduced some of the 50 Disney Villains guests could meet at the special hard ticket event.
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Event Overview - Over 50 Disney villains took over Disney's Hollywood Studios for the Villains Unleashed Event.
- Times updated for events at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Party is a specially ticketed event at the Magic Kingdom that begins September 1.
- Villains' Sinister Soiree add-on available for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This special add-on will give guests preferred viewing for Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade (8:15pm) and the Happy HalloWishes fireworks show. Lady Tremaine will host a dessert soiree at Cinderella's Royal Table Restaurant for you and some of her friends.
- 5 Elements from the Disney Parks that You'll Find on a Disney Cruise Ship - You have been to the Disney Parks, and you love them. You keep going back for that pixie-dust rush. You can’t imagine a vacation apart from Disney Parks, yet somehow the “old and familiar” is getting a bit old and familiar. This is where the Disney Cruise Line enters. It’s a Disney vacation of a different variety. The dissimilarities are a bit obvious. You’re on a ship in the ocean, visiting foreign places. This is nothing like being landlocked in a park, surrounded by coasters and kiosks. So what can you expect from the Disney Parks to carry over to your cruise?
- Blog - "Villains Unleashed" needs leashing up - Disney's overcrowded hard ticket event leaves guests in long lines most of the night
- Mickey's PhilharMagic refurb extended - The end date has been moved from September 19 to the 28th. The attraction will go down September 8.
- Enchanted Tiki Room going down for refurb in late September - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from 9/27 - 10/3/2014.
- Two Epcot New Year's Eve dining events released - More New Year's Eve events are yet to be released.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Updated operating schedule for monorails - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Charging stations for electric vehicles added to Epcot parking lot - Disney has added four Level 2 ChargePoint charging stations to the Journey parking lot at Epcot. Electric vehicles will be charged $.35 per kw/h, with a minimum charge of $1.50.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/31/14 - Tickets are still available for all other dates.
- New Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street Party to debut at Magic Kingdom this fall - Stitch and Phineas & Ferb will join the party and Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy will ride on top of giant gift boxes. The soundtrack will feature remixed classic party songs and guests will vote for one of three current hits to be played.
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- MagicBands can now be purchased without ticket media - The bands are now available for purchase across property.
- Changes to boat schedules at Downtown Disney - Schedules have been changing recently due to construction.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Ultimate Day VIP Tour available at Epcot Food & Wine Festival - This daylong tour begins at the Festival Center's VIP Lounge and includes champagne, a beverage tasting, six-course tapas-style lunch, wine, private backstage tours, time on Epcot attractions, food and beverage pairings with Disney chefs, VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, and reserved seating for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular.
- Blog - New Golden Oak Outpost Menu is Waffle Fry Heaven
- Sunrise Safari at Animal Kingdom ending 12/28/14 - This tour is exclusive to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level guests.
- American Idol Experience to close August 30 - No plans have been announced for the space.
- Florida residents save $40 on Cirque du Soleil tickets - Through September and October, Florida residents will save $40 on adult Cirque du Soleil tickets purchased at the box office.
- VIDEO: The Refurbished Capt. Cook's at Polynesian Resort - After a long refurbishment, Capt. Cook's has reopened at the Polynesian Village Resort. Major changes include artwork in the seating area, a new menu, no more ordering off of touch screens and the tragic loss of the Dole Whip self-serve machine.
- American Film Institute at the end of Backlot Tour to close - As of August 17, the American Film Institute Showcase exhibit at the end of the ride will be closed. This exhibit features props and costumes from various films. The gift shop will also close.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blog - Polynesian Resort's Capt. Cook's quick service restaurant reopens after refurbishment
- Golden Oak Outpost now serving specialty waffle fries - This walk-up stand is located on the backside of Frontierland on the walkway to Adventureland.
- Tower of Terror On-ride videos available with Memory Maker - After riding The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a video of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. This video is only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Great Irish Hooley Festival to be held at Downtown Disney - "Hooley" is Irish slang for party or celebration. Celebrate with food, drink and dancing.
- Update coming to My Disney Experience - make dining reservations 20 minutes in advance - A new update will allow guests to make same day dining reservations only 20 minutes in advance.
- Performance times updated for Night of Joy - Disney’s Night of Joy is a hard-ticket event at the Magic Kingdom that features contemporary Christian performers.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Lobby - Lobby Waterfall - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Polynesian Resort.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Continues to Materialize
- Refurb scheduled this winter for the Haunted Mansion - The attraction will be closed from 12/1 - 12/19/14.
- It's Tough to be a Bug refurb extended until 9/27 - This attraction was originally scheduled to reopen August 11, but will instead stay closed through September 27.
- Yankee Trader shop refurb extended through December - The shop is becoming a Haunted Mansion gift shop.
- Disney and unions argue about extra shift distribution policy
- Polynesian Resort opens new Dole Whip location
- Popular EPCOT acts to depart this Fall
- Wet 'n Wild employee trapped in pool; now in critical condition
- Star Wars mobile game app released by Disney
- Disney contract approved by part-time employees
- Citation banning whale trainers from water will not be appealed by SeaWorld
- Disney cancels 2014 Festival of the Masters art show
- Radio Disney to shut down stations and lay off employees
- Disney proposes new contract for part-time employees
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00 PM
10:00 - 5:00 PM
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW