Disney World Resort Descriptions
Disney's All Star Movies
Budget friendly Disney Resort for value minded travelers. Disney magic is in abundance with its bright décor that pays tribute to Fantasia, 101 Dalmatians, Toy Story, The Mighty Ducks and the Love Bug.
Disney's All Star Music
A perfect choice for value conscious Disney World travelers. Its whimsical décor is pure Disney, with oversized icons depicting Jazz, Rock, Calypso, Broadway and Country music.
Disney's All Star Sports
Affordable option for those wanting Disney magic on a budget. You’ll find yourself “in the zone” with larger than life sports paraphernalia depicting Football, Surfing, Tennis, Basketball and Baseball.
This resort features mostly family suites and is themed after such classic animated Disney films as “Finding Nemo,” “Cars,” "The Little Mermaid" and “The Lion King."
Disney's Pop Century
Value minded destination for guests wanting Disney magic on a budget. You’re transported back in time as you find yourself surrounded by oversized icons paying homage to the 20th Century.
Disney's Caribbean Beach
Moderate priced Resort that’s perfect for the guests who want value and the amenities that will enhance their vacation experience. Surrounding a 45-acre lake, its “island theme” is evident in its tropical décor, white sand beaches and 7 beckoning pools.
Disney's Coronado Springs
For guests wanting a resort experience on a moderate budget, this destination is a perfect match. Its three Southwest themed sections surround a beautiful 15-acre lake. The Aztec themed main pool is one of Disney’s best, with a 46-foot tall pyramid and cascading waterfall.
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Southern charm is in abundance at this moderate priced resort. You’ll be surrounded by stately mansions and beautiful gardens while you enjoy the “Ol’ Man Island” swimming complex. This is the only moderate resort that can accommodate a family of 5 as long as one child is age 9 or under. Guests staying at Riverside also have access to the French Quarter’s amenities.
Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter
The perfect choice for guests on a moderate budget that want a unique resort experience. The theme is New Orleans Mardi Gras style. With intricate ironwork in abundance as well as flowering gardens, there’s both romance and excitement in the air. The Doubloon Lagoon main pool features a dragon slide and alligator fountains. Guests staying at Port Orleans also have access to Riverside’s amenities.
Animal Kingdom Lodge
A truly unique Deluxe resort experience, the Animal Kingdom Lodge is unforgettable. You’re in the midst of an African wildlife preserve surrounded by free roaming animals that get breathtakingly close to the resort. Among it’s many amenities, this resort features a full range of restaurants, health club with spa services, and beautifully themed zero entry pool.
Disney's Beach Club Resort
You’ll find this deluxe Walt Disney World resort gem on the shores of the 25 acre Crescent Lake. Its New England seaside theme is evident from its pastel tones to its beachfront ambience. It’s best known for the three acre Stormalong Bay pool complex, featuring a 150-foot slide and sandy bottom. Conveniently located within walking distance of Epcot, this resort features a full choice of recreation options as well as restaurants and lounges
Disney's Boardwalk Inn
Glimmering on the shores of Crescent Lake, this Deluxe seaside themed resort evokes images of a bygone era. Fronted by an authentic wooden boardwalk, there’s no end of fun in store as the entertainment district kicks into high gear each evening. With restaurants, clubs, shops and old-fashioned carnival games, it’s the perfect match for the guest wanting to add a little spice to their vacation. You’ll be within walking distance of both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios.
Disney's Contemporary Resort
With its sleek futuristic design, this Deluxe resort is one of a kind. Glistening on the shores of Bay Lake, this resort features outstanding recreation, fabulous restaurants, wonderful shops, and fantastic views. The most amazing feature is the monorail that passes right through the main building. You’ll be whisked away to your favorite destinations Disney style.
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney’s finest deluxe resort has it all. Luxury is in abundance, from its lavish décor to the tastefully appointed guestrooms. Your every wish can be fulfilled, from fine dining to being pampered in the full service spa. There’s a full range of recreation choices including swimming complexes with the perfect Magic Kingdom backdrop. Although you won’t want to leave, the monorail will transport you when you’re ready to visit the parks.
This deluxe resort is nestled on the shores of the Seven Seas Lagoon across from the Magic Kingdom. Its South Seas setting is perfect for the guest who wants an authentic tropical experience. There’s a volcano themed pool, watercraft rentals, and a wonderful assortment of restaurants and shops to choose from. It’s location on the monorail makes transportation a breeze.
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resorts
These deluxe resorts are in close proximity to Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios, as well as the Boardwalk's entertainment district. Located on Crescent Lake, these resorts feature spacious guest rooms, a full range of dining options, and a sprawling three-acre pool complex complete with hot tubs, and a waterfall adorned grotto. check rates / book online
Disney's Wilderness Lodge
This deluxe Walt Disney World resort is one of Disney’s most intimate. Nestled in a woodland setting, its Northwest theme is evident from the moment you arrive. The magnificent atrium features an 82-foot tall stone fireplace. A cascading waterfall empties into the swimming pool and there are oversized hot tubs for you to enjoy. Secluded along the shores of Bay Lake, your cozy retreat offers restaurants, lounges, and health club as well as watercraft rentals.
Disney's Yacht Club Resort
This picturesque Deluxe Walt Disney World resort is located on Crescent Lake. Evoking images of New England seaside splendor, complete with clapboard sided lighthouse, it’s the perfect resort for guests wanting to relax in style. It’s best known for the three acre Stormalong Bay pool complex, featuring a 150-foot slide and sandy bottom. Located within walking distance of Epcot, this Disney resort offers a full range of recreation choices and several dining options.
The Villas at Animal Kingdom Lodge are among the most popular Home Away From Home resorts, because the majority of the rooms feature savannah views. What better way to wake up then to be able to look out your window and see giraffes, zebras and gazelles grazing in the open savannah?!
Disney Vacation Club's Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort features views of the Magic Kingdom and Bay Lake.
This resort offers a fireworks viewing deck and a sky bridge (elevated walkway) connecting it to the iconic Contemporary Resort. Bay Lake Tower offers studio units as well as one, two and three bedroom accommodations. The one/two/three bedroom units feature a fully equipped kitchen with granite countertops.
This Disney Vacation Club seaside themed resort is nestled on the shores of Crescent Lake. In addition to having its own quiet pool and whirlpool spa, it also features access to the Stormalong Bay Pool complex, considered the best that Disney offers.
This Disney Vacation Club resort captures the era when quaint coastal towns were every vacationer's dream. This sprawling resort, and it's sister Boardwalk Resort, features 4 pools, including the amusement park themed main pool with a water slide reminiscent of a classic wooden roller coaster. The Boardwalk area has a wonderful selection of restaurants, carnival games and entertainment.
Disney's Ft. Wilderness Resort & Campground features individual cabins for parties with up to 6 guests. The decor is "woodsy" with lots of plaids and rich earthy tones. Each free standing unit has a master bedroom with full bed and a set of bunk beds. In the living room a second full size bed pulls down from the wall. There's a fully equipped kitchen and one bathroom. Outside is a patio with picnic table and charcoal grill.
This Disney Vacation Club resort features the colors, tropical palms and ambience of the Florida Keys. This sprawling resort has four pools, including the sandcastle themed main pool, water recreation, restaurant and beautifully manicured grounds.
This Victorian themed Disney Vacation Club resort is modeled after the upstate New York region noted for horse racing. You'll see the influence from the equine community in the statues, room decor and in unexpected surprises such as the hourly clock chime. With its close proximity to Downtown Disney, you'll find a range of restaurants and shops to enjoy.
The "Treehouse Villas at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa" feature 60 three-bedroom units, which are elevated 10 feel from ground level and accommodate up to nine guests. They share the featured amenities at Saratoga Springs.
This is the smallest Disney Vacation Club resort and is adjacent to Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Sharing the same fantastic theming, you'll find the units to be warm, welcoming and cozy.
- Happy 15th Birthday to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith! - The attraction originally opened its doors at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 29, 1999.
- Victoria & Albert's will no longer accept Tables in Wonderland - This begins August 1, 2014.
- Summertime Pals Ink & Paint Cel release - This limited release will be available at the event, or pre-order by September 25 at 5:00pm EST.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- High-speed train will link Shanghai Disneyland to city
- "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island" show cancelled at SeaWorld
- PBS plans Walt Disney biopic
- Release date set for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean film
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Epcot FW