Disney World Resort Descriptions
Disney's All Star Movies
Budget friendly Disney Resort for value minded travelers. Disney magic is in abundance with its bright décor that pays tribute to Fantasia, 101 Dalmatians, Toy Story, The Mighty Ducks and the Love Bug.
Disney's All Star Music
A perfect choice for value conscious Disney World travelers. Its whimsical décor is pure Disney, with oversized icons depicting Jazz, Rock, Calypso, Broadway and Country music.
Disney's All Star Sports
Affordable option for those wanting Disney magic on a budget. You’ll find yourself “in the zone” with larger than life sports paraphernalia depicting Football, Surfing, Tennis, Basketball and Baseball.
This resort features mostly family suites and is themed after such classic animated Disney films as “Finding Nemo,” “Cars,” "The Little Mermaid" and “The Lion King."
Disney's Pop Century
Value minded destination for guests wanting Disney magic on a budget. You’re transported back in time as you find yourself surrounded by oversized icons paying homage to the 20th Century.
Disney's Caribbean Beach
Moderate priced Resort that’s perfect for the guests who want value and the amenities that will enhance their vacation experience. Surrounding a 45-acre lake, its “island theme” is evident in its tropical décor, white sand beaches and 7 beckoning pools.
Disney's Coronado Springs
For guests wanting a resort experience on a moderate budget, this destination is a perfect match. Its three Southwest themed sections surround a beautiful 15-acre lake. The Aztec themed main pool is one of Disney’s best, with a 46-foot tall pyramid and cascading waterfall.
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Southern charm is in abundance at this moderate priced resort. You’ll be surrounded by stately mansions and beautiful gardens while you enjoy the “Ol’ Man Island” swimming complex. This is the only moderate resort that can accommodate a family of 5 as long as one child is age 9 or under. Guests staying at Riverside also have access to the French Quarter’s amenities.
Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter
The perfect choice for guests on a moderate budget that want a unique resort experience. The theme is New Orleans Mardi Gras style. With intricate ironwork in abundance as well as flowering gardens, there’s both romance and excitement in the air. The Doubloon Lagoon main pool features a dragon slide and alligator fountains. Guests staying at Port Orleans also have access to Riverside’s amenities.
Animal Kingdom Lodge
A truly unique Deluxe resort experience, the Animal Kingdom Lodge is unforgettable. You’re in the midst of an African wildlife preserve surrounded by free roaming animals that get breathtakingly close to the resort. Among it’s many amenities, this resort features a full range of restaurants, health club with spa services, and beautifully themed zero entry pool.
Disney's Beach Club Resort
You’ll find this deluxe Walt Disney World resort gem on the shores of the 25 acre Crescent Lake. Its New England seaside theme is evident from its pastel tones to its beachfront ambience. It’s best known for the three acre Stormalong Bay pool complex, featuring a 150-foot slide and sandy bottom. Conveniently located within walking distance of Epcot, this resort features a full choice of recreation options as well as restaurants and lounges
Disney's Boardwalk Inn
Glimmering on the shores of Crescent Lake, this Deluxe seaside themed resort evokes images of a bygone era. Fronted by an authentic wooden boardwalk, there’s no end of fun in store as the entertainment district kicks into high gear each evening. With restaurants, clubs, shops and old-fashioned carnival games, it’s the perfect match for the guest wanting to add a little spice to their vacation. You’ll be within walking distance of both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios.
Disney's Contemporary Resort
With its sleek futuristic design, this Deluxe resort is one of a kind. Glistening on the shores of Bay Lake, this resort features outstanding recreation, fabulous restaurants, wonderful shops, and fantastic views. The most amazing feature is the monorail that passes right through the main building. You’ll be whisked away to your favorite destinations Disney style.
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney’s finest deluxe resort has it all. Luxury is in abundance, from its lavish décor to the tastefully appointed guestrooms. Your every wish can be fulfilled, from fine dining to being pampered in the full service spa. There’s a full range of recreation choices including swimming complexes with the perfect Magic Kingdom backdrop. Although you won’t want to leave, the monorail will transport you when you’re ready to visit the parks.
This deluxe resort is nestled on the shores of the Seven Seas Lagoon across from the Magic Kingdom. Its South Seas setting is perfect for the guest who wants an authentic tropical experience. There’s a volcano themed pool, watercraft rentals, and a wonderful assortment of restaurants and shops to choose from. It’s location on the monorail makes transportation a breeze.
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resorts
These deluxe resorts are in close proximity to Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios, as well as the Boardwalk's entertainment district. Located on Crescent Lake, these resorts feature spacious guest rooms, a full range of dining options, and a sprawling three-acre pool complex complete with hot tubs, and a waterfall adorned grotto. check rates / book online
Disney's Wilderness Lodge
This deluxe Walt Disney World resort is one of Disney’s most intimate. Nestled in a woodland setting, its Northwest theme is evident from the moment you arrive. The magnificent atrium features an 82-foot tall stone fireplace. A cascading waterfall empties into the swimming pool and there are oversized hot tubs for you to enjoy. Secluded along the shores of Bay Lake, your cozy retreat offers restaurants, lounges, and health club as well as watercraft rentals.
Disney's Yacht Club Resort
This picturesque Deluxe Walt Disney World resort is located on Crescent Lake. Evoking images of New England seaside splendor, complete with clapboard sided lighthouse, it’s the perfect resort for guests wanting to relax in style. It’s best known for the three acre Stormalong Bay pool complex, featuring a 150-foot slide and sandy bottom. Located within walking distance of Epcot, this Disney resort offers a full range of recreation choices and several dining options.
The Villas at Animal Kingdom Lodge are among the most popular Home Away From Home resorts, because the majority of the rooms feature savannah views. What better way to wake up then to be able to look out your window and see giraffes, zebras and gazelles grazing in the open savannah?!
Disney Vacation Club's Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort features views of the Magic Kingdom and Bay Lake.
This resort offers a fireworks viewing deck and a sky bridge (elevated walkway) connecting it to the iconic Contemporary Resort. Bay Lake Tower offers studio units as well as one, two and three bedroom accommodations. The one/two/three bedroom units feature a fully equipped kitchen with granite countertops.
This Disney Vacation Club seaside themed resort is nestled on the shores of Crescent Lake. In addition to having its own quiet pool and whirlpool spa, it also features access to the Stormalong Bay Pool complex, considered the best that Disney offers.
This Disney Vacation Club resort captures the era when quaint coastal towns were every vacationer's dream. This sprawling resort, and it's sister Boardwalk Resort, features 4 pools, including the amusement park themed main pool with a water slide reminiscent of a classic wooden roller coaster. The Boardwalk area has a wonderful selection of restaurants, carnival games and entertainment.
Disney's Ft. Wilderness Resort & Campground features individual cabins for parties with up to 6 guests. The decor is "woodsy" with lots of plaids and rich earthy tones. Each free standing unit has a master bedroom with full bed and a set of bunk beds. In the living room a second full size bed pulls down from the wall. There's a fully equipped kitchen and one bathroom. Outside is a patio with picnic table and charcoal grill.
This Disney Vacation Club resort features the colors, tropical palms and ambience of the Florida Keys. This sprawling resort has four pools, including the sandcastle themed main pool, water recreation, restaurant and beautifully manicured grounds.
This Victorian themed Disney Vacation Club resort is modeled after the upstate New York region noted for horse racing. You'll see the influence from the equine community in the statues, room decor and in unexpected surprises such as the hourly clock chime. With its close proximity to Downtown Disney, you'll find a range of restaurants and shops to enjoy.
The "Treehouse Villas at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa" feature 60 three-bedroom units, which are elevated 10 feel from ground level and accommodate up to nine guests. They share the featured amenities at Saratoga Springs.
This is the smallest Disney Vacation Club resort and is adjacent to Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Sharing the same fantastic theming, you'll find the units to be warm, welcoming and cozy.
- Blog - Best Places to View EPCOT’s Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
- VIDEO: Holiday Storytellers - The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs - New to Holidays Around The World 2013 at Epcot in 2013 are the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs. The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs play multiple sets each day filled with Christmas songs done the Canadian way on the Mill Stage.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Jonathan Groff from FROZEN
- Guests at All Star Resorts will no longer receive Key to the World cards - As of 12/2/13, guests at All Star Sports Resort will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in. This will begin at All Star Music on 12/4/13 and at All Star Movies on 12/6/13. This system is already in place at Pop Century.
- VIDEO: it's a small world Holiday Full POV Ride-Through - The happiest cruise that ever sailed gets even merrier for the holidays. it's a small world, the 1964 World's Fair attraction that came to Disneyland in 1966, gets a full overlay for the holiday season including decorations and a new soundtrack!
- Atlanta Braves spring training tickets now on sale - The Atlanta Braves return to ESPN Wide World of Sports for their annual spring training. Tickets are first come/first served and the games take place at Champion Stadium.
- Blog - Give Kids the World Village and Giving Tuesday December 3, 2013
- VIDEO: Gran Fiesta Tour POV Ride-Through - Donald Duck disappears on his way to a Three Caballeros performance in Mexico City and his friends, José Carioca and Panchito Pistoles, set out to search for him.
- Blog - Brewing Now: Joffrey’s Disney Parks Collection of Coffees
- Blog - A Brit’s Perspective – Visiting the UK in Orlando
- Specialty food and drink offered for holidays at Epcot - New this holiday season, each country will be serving a specialty food and drink.
- New bus loop at Magic Kingdom open - In addition to regular single stops, there are several double stops that will accommodate two regular buses or one of the new articulated buses.
- Limited Time Magic: Donate a Duffy the Disney Bear to Toys for Tots - Visit the Once Upon a Toy store or the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney and with every $5 purchase, Disney will donate a Duffy the Disney Bear toy to Toys for Tots.
- Limited Time Magic: Jolly Year of the Ear - Celebrate the season in style with Santa Mickey and Minnie Santa ear hats - only available for a short time at the Emporium at Magic Kingdom.
- Times and dates for Epcot holiday storytellers - Each country has its own special theme that highlights its culture. Storytellers will delight you with tales of their heritage and how the holidays are celebrated in their homeland.
- VIDEO: "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen in Celebrate the Magic - This holiday season, "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen is featured in Celebrate the Magic, the nighttime projection show on Cinderella Castle.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Happy Thanksgiving from the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom: Turnstile-Free!
- New holiday entertainment for the Canada pavilion at Epcot - Follow the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs on a musical tour to discover the country's holiday customs.
- Blog - Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights 101
- Royal Caribbean is offering a $200 Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit! - The offer is only available for booking on December 2, 3 and 4, 2013.
- Disney Vacation Club members offered event at Splitsville Luxury Lanes - On December 2 and 9 from 5-6:45pm, the experience will include bowling, shoe rental, a shared appetizer, an entree (or kids' meal), a signature beverage and a special DVC gift.
- Several rehabs added for early 2014 - The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Festival of the Lion King, Kali River Rapids, and the Studio Backlot Tour have all been added to the rehab list.
- Aulani named Best for Families by Fodor's Travel - Aulani was recently named "Best for Families" by Fodor's Travel in their "Top 10 Hawaiian Resorts for 2013" list.
- Blog - Review: “Frozen”
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Limited Time Magic: Thanksgiving Treats Available - Special treats will be available at various locations in the theme parks.
- New Year's Eve dining info for Swan and Dolphin Hotels - The restaurants of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will be offering special New Year's Eve menus.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 37% at select hotels - Discount is valid for travel between 1/4/14-3/18/14, 3/14/14-3/29/14, 1/19/14-3/13/14 and 3/30/14-4/12/14.
- Blog - Why I’m excited to take my baby on a Disney Cruise!
- Limited Time Magic: Jingle Cruise poster giveaway - Celebrate the Jingle Cruise at Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park with a complimentary mini poster while supplies last.
- Several rehabs scheduled for the Magic Kingdom - Among the closings are The Plaza Restaurant, Pinocchio Village Haus, Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover, Barnstormer, and the Liberty Square Riverboat.
- Blog - Disney’s Newest Animated Feature “Frozen” Flurries Into Theme Parks On Both Coasts
- The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special to return? - Rumors are that the popular holiday version of The Comedy Warehouse will be returning to Hollywood Studios this year.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE: Nikon becomes the Official Camera of Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- VIDEO: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2013 - What happens when you combine one 30,000 pound, 65 foot tree, one 40 foot star, 5500 twinkling lights, 430 feet of garland, 325 ornaments, 275 feet of strung popcorn, 400 flickering candles, 135 candy canes, 100 gingerbread cookies and the Disney Characters? Why, you have the perfect recipe for Christmas at the Magic Kingdom!
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Photography - Creative photos from Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Christmas dining options for Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Christmas menus.
- Thanksgiving dining options at Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Thanksgiving menus.
- New looks available for the holidays at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - Now through 1/3/14, little girls can choose from a Frozen Package or a Holiday Minnie Package.
- Santa Claus comes to Downtown Disney - At the Marketplace, you'll find Santa Claus waiting to greet you at his chalet in front of the World of Disney store.
- VIDEO: Josh Gad - Voice of Olaf in "Frozen" - Interview - Josh Gad, the voice of Olaf in "Frozen" and "World of Color - Winter Dreams" and Tony Award nominee for "The Book of Mormon", takes a few minutes to talk about how important it was to work on a Disney film that led to a theme park experience and the music behind it all.
- All guests at Pop Century will now use MagicBands - As of 11/14/13, guests at Pop Century will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in.
- Disney's PhotoPass+ changing to Memory Maker
- WestJet debuts Sorcerer Mickey plane
- Seaworld Orlando's Shamu show closes for 3 months
- Barenaked Ladies cancels SeaWorld concert due to animal rights issue
- 12-year-old girl protests SeaWorld parade float
- SeaWorld plans several events for early 2014
- Guest credit card info stolen by Universal Orlando employee
- Christmas festivities taking place at SeaWorld Orlando
- Another Disney executive retires
- Performer lineup for SeaWorld's Bands, Brew and BBQ
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 9:30
11:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom