Disney World Resort Descriptions
Disney's All Star Movies
Budget friendly Disney Resort for value minded travelers. Disney magic is in abundance with its bright décor that pays tribute to Fantasia, 101 Dalmatians, Toy Story, The Mighty Ducks and the Love Bug.
Disney's All Star Music
A perfect choice for value conscious Disney World travelers. Its whimsical décor is pure Disney, with oversized icons depicting Jazz, Rock, Calypso, Broadway and Country music.
Disney's All Star Sports
Affordable option for those wanting Disney magic on a budget. You’ll find yourself “in the zone” with larger than life sports paraphernalia depicting Football, Surfing, Tennis, Basketball and Baseball.
This resort features mostly family suites and is themed after such classic animated Disney films as “Finding Nemo,” “Cars,” "The Little Mermaid" and “The Lion King."
Disney's Pop Century
Value minded destination for guests wanting Disney magic on a budget. You’re transported back in time as you find yourself surrounded by oversized icons paying homage to the 20th Century.
Disney's Caribbean Beach
Moderate priced Resort that’s perfect for the guests who want value and the amenities that will enhance their vacation experience. Surrounding a 45-acre lake, its “island theme” is evident in its tropical décor, white sand beaches and 7 beckoning pools.
Disney's Coronado Springs
For guests wanting a resort experience on a moderate budget, this destination is a perfect match. Its three Southwest themed sections surround a beautiful 15-acre lake. The Aztec themed main pool is one of Disney’s best, with a 46-foot tall pyramid and cascading waterfall.
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Southern charm is in abundance at this moderate priced resort. You’ll be surrounded by stately mansions and beautiful gardens while you enjoy the “Ol’ Man Island” swimming complex. This is the only moderate resort that can accommodate a family of 5 as long as one child is age 9 or under. Guests staying at Riverside also have access to the French Quarter’s amenities.
Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter
The perfect choice for guests on a moderate budget that want a unique resort experience. The theme is New Orleans Mardi Gras style. With intricate ironwork in abundance as well as flowering gardens, there’s both romance and excitement in the air. The Doubloon Lagoon main pool features a dragon slide and alligator fountains. Guests staying at Port Orleans also have access to Riverside’s amenities.
Animal Kingdom Lodge
A truly unique Deluxe resort experience, the Animal Kingdom Lodge is unforgettable. You’re in the midst of an African wildlife preserve surrounded by free roaming animals that get breathtakingly close to the resort. Among it’s many amenities, this resort features a full range of restaurants, health club with spa services, and beautifully themed zero entry pool.
Disney's Beach Club Resort
You’ll find this deluxe Walt Disney World resort gem on the shores of the 25 acre Crescent Lake. Its New England seaside theme is evident from its pastel tones to its beachfront ambience. It’s best known for the three acre Stormalong Bay pool complex, featuring a 150-foot slide and sandy bottom. Conveniently located within walking distance of Epcot, this resort features a full choice of recreation options as well as restaurants and lounges
Disney's Boardwalk Inn
Glimmering on the shores of Crescent Lake, this Deluxe seaside themed resort evokes images of a bygone era. Fronted by an authentic wooden boardwalk, there’s no end of fun in store as the entertainment district kicks into high gear each evening. With restaurants, clubs, shops and old-fashioned carnival games, it’s the perfect match for the guest wanting to add a little spice to their vacation. You’ll be within walking distance of both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios.
Disney's Contemporary Resort
With its sleek futuristic design, this Deluxe resort is one of a kind. Glistening on the shores of Bay Lake, this resort features outstanding recreation, fabulous restaurants, wonderful shops, and fantastic views. The most amazing feature is the monorail that passes right through the main building. You’ll be whisked away to your favorite destinations Disney style.
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney’s finest deluxe resort has it all. Luxury is in abundance, from its lavish décor to the tastefully appointed guestrooms. Your every wish can be fulfilled, from fine dining to being pampered in the full service spa. There’s a full range of recreation choices including swimming complexes with the perfect Magic Kingdom backdrop. Although you won’t want to leave, the monorail will transport you when you’re ready to visit the parks.
This deluxe resort is nestled on the shores of the Seven Seas Lagoon across from the Magic Kingdom. Its South Seas setting is perfect for the guest who wants an authentic tropical experience. There’s a volcano themed pool, watercraft rentals, and a wonderful assortment of restaurants and shops to choose from. It’s location on the monorail makes transportation a breeze.
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resorts
These deluxe resorts are in close proximity to Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios, as well as the Boardwalk's entertainment district. Located on Crescent Lake, these resorts feature spacious guest rooms, a full range of dining options, and a sprawling three-acre pool complex complete with hot tubs, and a waterfall adorned grotto. check rates / book online
Disney's Wilderness Lodge
This deluxe Walt Disney World resort is one of Disney’s most intimate. Nestled in a woodland setting, its Northwest theme is evident from the moment you arrive. The magnificent atrium features an 82-foot tall stone fireplace. A cascading waterfall empties into the swimming pool and there are oversized hot tubs for you to enjoy. Secluded along the shores of Bay Lake, your cozy retreat offers restaurants, lounges, and health club as well as watercraft rentals.
Disney's Yacht Club Resort
This picturesque Deluxe Walt Disney World resort is located on Crescent Lake. Evoking images of New England seaside splendor, complete with clapboard sided lighthouse, it’s the perfect resort for guests wanting to relax in style. It’s best known for the three acre Stormalong Bay pool complex, featuring a 150-foot slide and sandy bottom. Located within walking distance of Epcot, this Disney resort offers a full range of recreation choices and several dining options.
The Villas at Animal Kingdom Lodge are among the most popular Home Away From Home resorts, because the majority of the rooms feature savannah views. What better way to wake up then to be able to look out your window and see giraffes, zebras and gazelles grazing in the open savannah?!
Disney Vacation Club's Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort features views of the Magic Kingdom and Bay Lake.
This resort offers a fireworks viewing deck and a sky bridge (elevated walkway) connecting it to the iconic Contemporary Resort. Bay Lake Tower offers studio units as well as one, two and three bedroom accommodations. The one/two/three bedroom units feature a fully equipped kitchen with granite countertops.
This Disney Vacation Club seaside themed resort is nestled on the shores of Crescent Lake. In addition to having its own quiet pool and whirlpool spa, it also features access to the Stormalong Bay Pool complex, considered the best that Disney offers.
This Disney Vacation Club resort captures the era when quaint coastal towns were every vacationer's dream. This sprawling resort, and it's sister Boardwalk Resort, features 4 pools, including the amusement park themed main pool with a water slide reminiscent of a classic wooden roller coaster. The Boardwalk area has a wonderful selection of restaurants, carnival games and entertainment.
Disney's Ft. Wilderness Resort & Campground features individual cabins for parties with up to 6 guests. The decor is "woodsy" with lots of plaids and rich earthy tones. Each free standing unit has a master bedroom with full bed and a set of bunk beds. In the living room a second full size bed pulls down from the wall. There's a fully equipped kitchen and one bathroom. Outside is a patio with picnic table and charcoal grill.
This Disney Vacation Club resort features the colors, tropical palms and ambience of the Florida Keys. This sprawling resort has four pools, including the sandcastle themed main pool, water recreation, restaurant and beautifully manicured grounds.
This Victorian themed Disney Vacation Club resort is modeled after the upstate New York region noted for horse racing. You'll see the influence from the equine community in the statues, room decor and in unexpected surprises such as the hourly clock chime. With its close proximity to Downtown Disney, you'll find a range of restaurants and shops to enjoy.
The "Treehouse Villas at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa" feature 60 three-bedroom units, which are elevated 10 feel from ground level and accommodate up to nine guests. They share the featured amenities at Saratoga Springs.
This is the smallest Disney Vacation Club resort and is adjacent to Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Sharing the same fantastic theming, you'll find the units to be warm, welcoming and cozy.
- Blog - Disney's Festival of Fantasy Parade debuts at the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO - Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - Festival of Fantasy is the brand new daily parade at the Magic Kingdom bringing the characters and stories of New Fantasyland to life! Brand new floats and costumes were produced for the parade featuring characters from Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Princess and the Frog, Brave, Dumbo, Pinocchio, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, Fantasia, Snow White and more!
- Photo Gallery of the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - The "Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade" celebrates New Fantasyland with new innovative floats, costumes and an all-new soundtrack that features songs from popular Disney films.
- VIDEO - Topiaries at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is better than before in 2014 and features some of the most beautiful and elaborate topiaries seen anywhere. New this year includes 'Spring is in the Air!' featuring Goofy, Donald and Daisy as you enter the park; Soccer Goofy and Donald; and Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy inspired by "Muppets Most Wanted". Returning favorites include Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Phineas and Ferb, Tinker Bell, Bambi and Friends, Peter Pan and Captain Hook, Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Classic Disney Couples, Woody, Lady and the Tramp, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Lion King, Pandas, Troll and Fantasia!
- VIDEO - Outdoor Kitchens at Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - After the popular introduction in 2013, the outdoor kitchens are back at the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival serving up some of the finest and freshest food at Epcot in a similar fashion to the Food & Wine Festival. Outdoor kitchens include Pineapple Promenade, The Buttercup Cottage, Fleur de Lys, Taste of Marrakesh, Hanami, The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews, Primavera Kitchen, Florida Fresh, Lotus House, Jardin de Fiestas, and the new Urban Farm EATS!
- VIDEO - Festival Center at the Flower & Garden Festival - Video of the Festival Center at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival 2014. The festival center is where you can find many of the seminars and presentations featured during the Festival.
- 2014 Flower & Garden Festival Photos - 2014 photo gallery of Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Disney and unions extend contract
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios